Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Guest bernardblack

Mrs BB was in the kitchen when Christie scored and in the living room when the equaliser went in, so she went back to the kitchen for the pens to be met by me running through the room at 90mph

Her and her superstitions, the real heroes

9 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Ooft, some of the replies. 

Lovely salty tears. 

In honesty, I think it was a bit of an ill-advised tweet from them.

It doesn't irk me as much as others, but at a time when the whole country is rejoicing and you'd like to unite fans behind the team, is using a phrase that was originally used by Clarke to antagonise one set of supporters really a good idea?

Edited by AJF

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Indeed, current champions Portugal didn't win any of their group games.

ETA, just checked, they also drew their QF with Poland, only going through on penalties.

They drew 4 of their 7 games.

I haven't read all of the thread yet, but they also drew in 90 mins in their last 16 game and the final.

They won one game in 90 minutes in the whole tournament. Mental.

Fortunately booked today off work, still buzzing, a bit emotional.

I love the attitude of Dykes in his interview and reckon the squad must benefit from his Assie self-belief and swagger. This guy doesn't suffer from the same cringey "we are just poor wee Scotland" attitude that's afflicted us for too long.

All aboard Sir Steve's International Juggernaut.👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Just now, Academically Deficient said:

I love the attitude of Dykes in his interview and reckon the squad must benefit from his Assie self-belief and swagger. This guy doesn't suffer from the same cringey "we are just poor wee Scotland" attitude that's afflicted us for too long.

Terrific interview with him and Faddy on BBC before the game too, saying he'd be trying to replicate Faddy's "50 yard volley or whatever it was".

1 minute ago, Academically Deficient said:

Wasn't convinced when he first got called up but fully on board now!

I know its probably been said a lot but Dykes and Griffiths up front just feels like it should work great! Hope he tries it in the next couple of matches. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

In honesty, I think it was a bit of an ill-advised tweet from them.

It doesn't irk me as much as others, but at a time when the whole country is rejoicing and you'd like to unite fans behind the team, is using a phrase that was originally used by Clarke to antagonise one set of supporters really a good idea?

I'm not sure. I reckon if you were to draw a Venn diagram of Rangers fans who throw sectarian abuse at Steve Clarke, Rangers fans who hate the Scottish National team and Rangers fans who are raging at that tweet, you'd get a as near to a perfect circle as you could get. Do we need to unite folk who actively want us to fail?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure. I reckon if you were to draw a Venn diagram of Rangers fans who throw sectarian abuse at Steve Clarke, Rangers fans who hate the Scottish National team and Rangers fans who are raging at that tweet, you'd get a as near to a perfect circle as you could get. Do we need to unite folk who actively want us to fail?

Disagree. It annoyed me a wee bit and I'm none of those things.

Just think it was daft to bring club football into a moment that's for everyone. But it's been deleted so it's fine. Not a big deal.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Except that's simply not true, is it? Even as recently as December 2018, Rangers fans made up the largest proportion of Scotland Supporters Club registered members.

It was a poor tweet and I, like many other Rangers fans, are over the moon that Scotland have qualified. All that tweet done was add to the perceived divide between Rangers and the National Team.

I was one of the lucky ones last night that got to enjoy the game in a boozer last night. Watched the game in Sobar, Inverness. Absolute scenes when Christie scored and then utter devastation when Jovic scored. When they equalised I thought it was game over and it was just a matter of time until the killer blow would be dealt. I couldn't cheer our penalties at times. When Big Daddy Marshall saved it sparked scenes of jubilation. The town centre was alive with fans going wild. 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Except that's simply not true, is it? Even as recently as December 2018, Rangers fans made up the largest proportion of Scotland Supporters Club registered members.

It was a poor tweet and I, like many other Rangers fans, are over the moon that Scotland have qualified. All that tweet done was add to the perceived divide between Rangers and the National Team.

Who cares man, anyone getting upset at that on a day like to day needs to get a fucking life.

Bye bye FFS.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Who cares man, anyone getting upset at that on a day like to day needs to get a fucking life.

Bye bye FFS.

You've completely missed the point I was making. It hasn't upset me, but surely you have to agree it was a poorly thought out tweet?

I can still be absolutely buzzing with our result while being critical of that tweet. They're not mutually exclusive mate.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

You've completely missed the point I was making. It hasn't upset me, but surely you have to agree it was a poorly thought out tweet?

I can still be absolutely buzzing with our result while being critical of that tweet. They're not mutually exclusive mate.

I got your point. I just don't think the tweet needs to pander to anyone pathetic enough to get upset.