Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Alright for us, to excellent as an International represents one Hell of an improvement.

He wasn't always best deployed for us, but he didn't win everything like he does now, the ball didn't stick like it does now and he hardly ever scored at a much lower level.

I'm delighted by how well he's doing because I'm a Scotland fan.  As a Queens one, I find it frustrating.

From the moment he stepped foot in Almondvale you could tell he was a player. Even before he signed then there were pundits talking about how much of a perfect fit for Livi he was going to be.

Don't get me wrong, the transformation has been outstanding and he was definitely a better player when he left Livi than when he joined, but we didn't have to teach him everything. He was a phenomenal athlete when he arrived, we just taught him how to play 9 rather than 10/11.

Still doesn't quite feel real, particularly after how utterly deflating that last minute goal was.  Serbia were just soooooo pish during the game.  Didn't seem to turn up at all, and in the first half they were playing like it was a friendly, just calmly stroking the ball about the back.  I worried we'd run ourselves out, but we just grew into the game, and seemed like we needed that one chance.  Great wee finish from Christie, and from there it looked like we'd just comfortably see it out.  Then one mistake, and from there we looked like the old Scotland.  We still defended well, but we'd made our subs to close the game out.  McBurnie was utterly hopeless again, and I just couldn't see us do it.

But then I forgot we're fucking shit hot at penalties, so not a problem.  I've never been so glad for someone to score as McBurnie.  If he'd missed, he may as well have left the stadium and disappeared, he'd be done.  Mitrovic was never going to score either.

Fucking qualified.  f**k me.

Just thinking, besides the players and Stevie Clark, the people I'm happiest for today are those who support Scotland as their number one love, over and above a club side, and perhaps as their sole passion in football. Many will make up the Tartan Army, which is often ridiculed by some club supporters who may think they are superior to the TA.

A big congratulations to Scotland international supporters!

What a fucking roller-coaster. 

Honestly felt physically sick when that looped into the top corner, I gave up frankly, said the game was over and honestly couldn't see a way where we'd win the game. 

Then the penalties, every time a Scottish player stepped up I anticipated we'd miss, but to a man they were incredible. The balls they must have had, outstanding. Having lived down in England for a few years I've got a real affinity Brentford, and when Mitrovic stepped up, for the first time of the night in the back of my head I thought "If Scotland qualify through a Fulham player missing a penalty, well then 2020 wasn't that bad after all", then what a fucking feeling.  Screamed the house down, rabbits absolutely shat it, Wife went mental.

Then coming back down to earth and seing the players crowding the ref who was pointing to his ear I thought he was going to VAR, slumped back on the couch and just knew it was going to get retaken, he'd score, We'd miss and that, would be that. Must've sat like that for about 5 seconds before it became apparent it wasn't going to get retaken. Back to going daft, rabbits are running again. Incredible. 

Neighbour is a Northern Ireland fan, seing him in an hour, going to ask if he can house sit for me next summer. After all, he won't be busy will he? 

Edited by Grant228

You can run, you can hide, but you can’t escape my love

IMG_4844.thumb.jpg.b46063ac9e8d06885061406eca360947.jpg

Fook me. I am rough as tits after that. Didn’t know what to do when Marshall saved that penalty. Just collapsed in a heap, bawling my eyes out. I’ve waited so long to actually see us at a major tournament; I was preparing to start Primary School during the World Cup 1998.

Every single player can hold their heads high after that. The only second they didn’t click and we were punished. Scotland for ye. Didn’t matter a jot though in the end.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

As I did in 2007 when McFadden scored against France, I went for a piss and missed Christie'e goal.

Would be obliged if you could down 10 litres of water and leave a tap running before our games in June.

Thanks in advance.

42 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Gallagher was absolutely amazing for Motherwell pretty much all last season.  A rock.  By miles our best player.  I was surprised no one came in for him.

Had a wee bit of a shakey start to this season but our overall form was poor, we've changed the formation around and he's basically been playing with a new defence.

Last night was the Gallagher we saw pretty much every week last season.  He was superb.

two Motherwell players were key amongst Man Utd, Arsenal, Celtic, Villa, Liverpool and Rangers players, Love to see it. 

All well and good saying Serbia were shite but to show up and dominate a team in their own backyard is something we've never done, even against teams like Macedonia, Georgia, Lithuania (genuinely could list so many teams here), we have shown up looking like a team of strangers

I don't think you can underestimate the job Clarke has done instilling belief in this team