Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't want it to tbh, this feels too good

Absolutely brilliant. I am absolutely buzzing.  

My wife  has just booked the hotel in London for the England match - magnificent.

That  will be some week, as I come back from a boys holiday in Marbella on the Tuesday.  2021 is going to be superb.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Me.

I was ready for letting it all out, then they equalised and I thought it was gone.

It took a bit of time to come back round when we did finally do it.

Now im just sitting staring at the telly, finishing a pint, not really sure how to act 🤣

I think you've nailed it. If we'd won in the 90, I'd still be going daft now. That equaliser fucking killed me, spent the whole of ET in silence, awaiting the inevitable, and it never came. Then to win the shootout, just too much to comprehend. 

1 minute ago, UAE1929 said:

I think you've nailed it. If we'd won in the 90, I'd still be going daft now. That equaliser fucking killed me, spent the whole of ET in silence, awaiting the inevitable, and it never came. Then to win the shootout, just too much to comprehend. 

me tae

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

With the 24 team format, with 16 getting out the groups, you don't need to win any games.

Indeed, current champions Portugal didn't win any of their group games.

ETA, just checked, they also drew their QF with Poland, only going through on penalties.

They drew 4 of their 7 games.

Edited by Arch Stanton

2 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

if theres one thing to take from tonight... dont replace dykes mcginn and christie with paterson and mcburnie. christ

Christ lost his man at the corner. 

Gallagher, Jack, McGregor, McGinn, Dykes and Christie all superb at times tonight, the other were all very good, Marshall a hero. Sort of comes with the territory of qualifying but how much of a difference it makes to have a manager with a (stodgy) plan and a group of players that clearly love playing for Scotland and have the commitment and passion for each other. This campaign has been the first time I've actively wanted to watch Scotland in as long as I can remember