Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

As a 7-year-old in 1996, I remember watching us get beat 2-0 by England in a fanzone in Newcastle. 

I remember rushing home from School to see us lose 2-1 to Brazil in France 1998.

At no time did I ever think it would be this long to see it again.  There have been so many chances.  Squandered.

Holland.  England.  Italy.  Czech Republic.  Poland.  England.  

And now, from our worst ever result against Kazahkstan, suddenly we've gone to an Eastern European heavyweight, and played them off the park.  Eight games unbeaten.  Barely conceding.

I can't believe it.  I just can't believe it.  We're going to the Euros.  

1 minute ago, UAE1929 said:

Hope not, the lad needs continuous first team football. 

How he dealt with Mitrovic (especially on a yellow card) was brilliant. A really impressive display from him. 

He would play first team for Celtic ATM go straight into their team 

Been so impressed by him though for someone so inexperienced at international level he's been flawless 

On 09/02/2020 at 11:43, sophia said:

Fair play to McHattie and McKay

Given his reputation and the recent  clamour to cap him, I was genuinely fearful of the prospect of what Lyndon Dykes would do, but truth be told, the two Mcs were as comfortable as they were committed.

6 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

When I seen Dykes up against County playing for QOTS, never in my wildest dreams did I think he’d be leading the line for a Scotland team heading to the Euro’s. Fair fucking play though, he’s been absolutely excellent and I got it very wrong. Another outstanding shift.

Yes indeed.

Couldn't score against Bad McKay a few months ago, fast forward through spring and summer and here's another for a slice of the pie that is humble

As a 7-year-old in 1996, I remember watching us get beat 2-0 by England in a fanzone in Newcastle. 
I remember rushing home from School to see us lose 2-1 to Brazil in France 1998.
At no time did I ever think it would be this long to see it again.  There have been so many chances.  Squandered.
And now, from our worst ever result against Kazahkstan, suddenly we've gone to an Eastern European heavyweight, and played them off the park.  Eight games unbeaten.  Barely conceding.
Everyone stop being f*cking younger than me!

2 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It's actually nine.

Just now, Zapp Brannigan said:

Not taking anything away from Gallagher because he was immense... But I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't rate Mitrovic at all. Just a big lump who scored some goals in the English Championship one season. Oli McBurnie scooshed that league too

Anyways, brilliant for everyone. So proud!

I think the thing with him, he gets under players skin. So easy to get into a battle with him, and concentrate on that. Gallagher remained disciplined throughout, that's what I found impressive. 

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Anyone have a spare can? I ran out.

Me too, only had 4.

Had the foresight , yesterday, to buy a bottle of Lidl's French Grain vodka which is in the freezer.

Check back in an hour or so for some top-class gibberish and some obscure shit on the "What are you listening to" thread.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

If those boys don’t turn up to the game on Sunday rough as f**k I’ll be disappointed.

I wouldn’t begrudge them a party.

That said, they will be greedy for more though and winning the Group will give us a good chance of more play off fun for the World Cup. Well within our grasp with a win or draw on Sunday. 

Who’s idea was this nations league malarkey? Whoever it was, I salute you, magnificent  beast. 😀