Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

2 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Beat Czechs. Pump England. Play out a suspiciously low-tempo draw with Croatia that sees us both through to the next round.

After the Croatia game, Steve Clarke on the pitch at Hampden with a microphone saying "bye-bye England, bye-bye."

13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That’s a plus. Just adds to the glamour. No pressure, no daft expectation. Bring it on.

I honestly don't care about the results (we aren't getting out that group), I just hope we can pack Hampden, pubs, fan zones etc and enjoy what we've waited so long for together.

Went to two world cups and two Euros in the 90's andthought that life would always be like that.

Magnificent performance for 89 minutes - truly outstanding performances from so many players.  I was behind the choice of Clarke as a manager from day one and delighted that he is working his magic.  This is just so pleasing

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I honestly don't care about the results (we aren't getting out that group), I just hope we can pack Hampden, pubs, fan zones etc and enjoy what we've waited so long for together.

Why not?

Beat Czechs home & away in the past few months, have never lost to Croatia in 5 games.

Edited by Nightmare

3 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

He sounds like an ordinary fan who just happens to have scored a 40 yard winner against France. I got dropped home in a police van that night. 

I watched it in a French bar.  Great fun.  

Scotland v France stands at 8 wins each, no draws. Surprising, eh?

13 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

For all the abuse they get on the Tartan Army thread I thought Jack, McGregor and O’Donnell were just excellent tonight. Also the decision to change the back 3 to include Tierney was vindicated too.

Aye as long as they pull the Scotland shirt on then that is all that matters

I fuckin love this team. 

I was absolutely shocked how good we looked tonight. We strolled that for 80 minutes and everyone, and I mean everyone (SOD making me eat my words about him too) played incredibly. 

I'm beautifully stunned by this and I don't think it's overstating it to say that this will have given the entire nation a huge lift.

I think it was Szamo that said "announce indyref2", but you could announce UDI and I don't think anyone would object.

What. A. Fuckin. Team.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

A win a draw and a loss seems achievable to me from that group.

A solid win against the Czechs in the first game and we'd have a cracking shout of getting through as 4 of the 6 groups have the best 3rd place teams going through to the last 16. 4 points would guarantee qualification. 

3 points in the groups in Euro 2016 took Northern Ireland and the eventual champs Portugal through in 3rd from their respective groups. 

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

I watched it in a French bar.  Great fun.  

Scotland v France stands at 8 wins each, no draws. Surprising, eh?

Watched it in Dunfermline but drank lots of brandy and red wine to feel a bit French. Had the 125/1 bet on Faddy/1-0 too so it was a good night. 

The French commentary of Faddy’s goal was terrific. “Bof! Oolala! Quelle Frappe! Quelle Frappe”.