Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Well I gave up watching Scotland’s men’s team about 10 years ago because trying to cheer a team captained by Scott Brown felt dirty

But there’s no such thing as an “ex” Scotland fan just like you’re only ever a “recovering” alcoholic

I fell off the wagon big time tonight

If you ignore extra time we were magnificent. Difficult to remember a better away performance against a decent team. McGregor was fantastic tonight, as was Dykes and Marshall. Special kudos to the five penalty takers as well. Absolutely superb.
Yep, we've flipped so many monkeys-on-the-back tonight it's unreal. We are no longer hapless losers.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

As a six year-old, World Cup 98 was the first tournament I ever watched and I've been obsessed with football ever since. Back then, I was just a curious wee boy who enjoyed it as a neutral without fully understanding what was going on or grasping the significance of it. I certainly didn't realise that I wouldn't see Scotland in another major competition for 22 years. It's been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to enjoying my first Euros as a Scotland supporter. A little tear was shed this evening.

Was 5 the last time we played in a major finals. Spent the entire time watching it in the sick kids hospital due to suffering a freak accident a few weeks before. 

can’t fucking wait. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Just now, The Moonster said:

Aye but we always beat Croatia and Steve Clarkes and genius and I genuinely think Dykes will terrorise Harry Maguire but that may be the Glenlivet talking. 

Anyway, the Wembley match...can you socially distantly invade a country? 

I'd argue a 15 piece jigsaw would do that too tbh.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Aye. Not his biggest fan when he is talking shite about domestic football but his passion for the national team is great tv.

He sounds like an ordinary fan who just happens to have scored a 40 yard winner against France. I got dropped home in a police van that night.