Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ryan Jack has totally transformed the national side since he come into the fold. What a talent we have there. 

The Jack - McGregor axis (nicknamed JackGregor) is absolutely key to this side. They compliment each other so well.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

A couple of years ago I watched Gallagher and Dykes look solid but ordinary in the championship.
Shows what hard work can do.

I'd love to agree, but then you look at McBu... 

In fact, no negativity. Took a cracking penalty. 

About to crack into a bottle of single malt that's been waiting for a special occasion. 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

One of the best Scotland performances I’ve seen. Really tactically astute and organised with every player knowing their job. It makes such a difference having a good quality defensive three and someone like Dykes up front.

I think momentum plays a big role as well, once you get on a good run with the same core of players it makes a massive differences.

I don't think I can manage technical discussion tonight, but at one point in that second half it occurred to me that it's the best I've seen Scotland play since those 2008 qualifiers.

I've been an utter Steve Clarke fanboy since he turned Killie from jobbers into by far the third best team in the country and a total nightmare for Celtic and Rangers. He just needed a few games with Scotland to work out the best structure. I had long thought our weakness in central defence meant two sitting midfielders. He started with that but it didn't work. The back three, with McTominay in there, was the turning point. We're now a Clarke team and by God does it show.

The season Saints won the Championship I got to see Dykes on 4 occasions in the games v QotS and he looked like one of these lower league strikers who would maybe carve out a decent career at that level but never progress beyond that.

Wow, in the last 2 seasons has he improved beyond all recognition. He was sensational tonight...physical, skillful, brilliant in the air both offensively and defensively and a real team player.

As has been said, £2M is a steal, I hope Livvy have a massive sell on clause.