Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Obviously its not a 541, but the 'settled' formation isn't really a 352 either.

Two holding midfielders, John McGinn with more freedom and one other (Fraser previously) trying to link play between both wing backs and Dykes.

So my guess...

wefwfe.png

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
54 minutes ago, Rodhull said:
Shocking absolutely nobody, Hanley is out as well.

Mental. He must've been in three or four squads since his last appearance and hasn't made the first matchday in any of them.

If not more. There’ll probably be guys approaching double figures in caps who’ve never been in a squad with him.

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

If not more. There’ll probably be guys approaching double figures in caps who’ve never been in a squad with him.

From what I can see O'Donnell is on 14 caps and hasn't been in a squad with Hanley

image.thumb.jpeg.2aecd4830c2c613a0619aa35d07a0d78.jpeg

Predicting the usual 5-3-2.

Marshall

McTominay Gallagher Tierney

Palmer -------------------------------Robertson

McGinn Jack McGregor

Dykes Christie

Griffiths replaces Christie after 60 minutes.

Obviously its not a 541, but the 'settled' formation isn't really a 352 either.
Two holding midfielders, John McGinn with more freedom and one other (Fraser previously) trying to link play between both wing backs and Dykes.
So my guess...
wefwfe.png.ac86a4b76d8f4c1cd6fd085208b0cf3a.png

Likely Christie over Griffiths, but other than that I expect that this will be the team:
image.thumb.png.4983151b31ac2f3e14295a55e2049ab9.png

Are these a joke? No big Andy, no party.

Replace O’Donnell (as he isn’t good enough) with Tierney and Kenny McLean for McGregor, as we need some physicality and height in there. 

Tierney should be in the team at centre-back, but he simply cannot play as a right wing-back in a system that basically wants the wing-backs to play as out and out wingers. It has to be O'Donnell or Palmer there.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Tierney should be in the team at centre-back, but he simply cannot play as a right wing-back in a system that basically wants the wing-backs to play as out and out wingers. It has to be O'Donnell or Palmer there.

It would be an unfamiliar position for him for sure. But he'd perform it way better than O'Donnell or palmer ever could, even on their best day.

I'd play him there to give us a solution to our weakest area.

Gallacher > Cooper due to extra physicality to match Mitrovic

I'd have Armstrong > McGregor as Armstrong is an absolutely fantastic player in great form who we seem to take for granted and McGregor hasnt been great for us and more recently pish with Celtic, but will likely be McGregor that starts.  Would also have Armstrong over McGinn FWIW.

image.png.a8c3defbfdac041c2a9632285515fe75.png

Edited by Jacky1990

I feel Andy Considine done really well last time but Scottish people are absolutely fucking awful for this "that worked in the last game, dae it again" attitude. Considine is fine filling in here and there when we're absolutely stuck but he's nowhere near good enough or consistent enough to be a permanent Scotland defender, nor is this the time for pishy "but the boy done good" sentiment. I trust Steve Clarke won't be so naive and I fully expect Tierney, McTominay and one from Gallagher/McKenna starting at centre half.

Armstrong has been in better form than any of the Celtic players and I feel he deserves to start as the player playing off Dykes. I have a suspicion that Christie will start though. Just fucking win, Scotland.

I wouldn't start Considine, as much as I love the guy. He is having another very good season for us and did well against Slovakia and Czech Republic, but we have better options there to start on the left of the three - Tierney, most notably. I think McKenna is better than Gallagher and I would ordinarily prefer him to play, and he is playing well at Forest by all accounts, but Gallagher was excellent in his last couple of games so I wouldn't be too bothered about him keeping his place. 

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Gallacher > Cooper due to extra physicality to match Mitrovic

I'd have Armstrong > McGregor as Armstrong is an absolutely fantastic player in great form who we seem to take for granted and McGregor hasnt been great for us and more recently pish with Celtic, but will likely be McGregor that starts.  Would also have Armstrong over McGinn FWIW.

image.png.a8c3defbfdac041c2a9632285515fe75.png

Yes, thats my team too. 

I feel Armstrong has to play - he is on great form and McGregor, although a player I like is not on such great form.

Maybe Cooper would have made it into the centre of defence but he simply hasnt played enough for us and Gallagher has been pretty good in his absence.