Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wembley 1999 was better but last night was right up there.

Bizarrely as much as I remember 1998, I don't remember this very much at all. Maybe because it was a one-off game and not a tournament, maybe because we didn't have Sky to watch it on at the time, there could be many reasons why. Even though I remember 1998 I don't recall much about the games apart from Collins' penalty and Boyd's own goal, so maybe it's not surprising I don't remember a great deal about it. Watching the highlights of that game now we were easily the better team on the night and it was nice to hear DonHutchinson on ESPN talking about it and last night's game in glowing terms.

51 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

It's nice that we're all pals the now and in it together. There's been too much fighting. Feel that sweet positivity.

meanwhile in Belgrade a journalist is photographing a burst ball...

And one Serbian in an otherwise empty stand with his head in his hands.

10 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I believe that the last time we went 9 games unbeaten was 1976. Has anybody got a link to a list of the games in that run?

Fill yer boots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team_1960–79_results#Results

16 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I believe that the last time we went 9 games unbeaten was 1976. Has anybody got a link to a list of the games in that run?

Romania (a) 1-1 (Euro 76 Qualifying)
Denmark (a) 1-0 Euro 76 Qualifying)
Denmark (h) 3-1 Euro 76 Qualifying)
Romania (h) 1-1 Euro 76 Qualifying)
Switzerland (h) 1-0 (Friendly)
Wales (h) 3-1 (British Championship)
N Ireland (h) 3-0 (British Championship)
England (h) 2-1 (British Championship)
Finland (h) 6-0 (Friendly)

From June '75 to Sept '76.

7 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

I love the attitude of Dykes in his interview and reckon the squad must benefit from his Assie self-belief and swagger. This guy doesn't suffer from the same cringey "we are just poor wee Scotland" attitude that's afflicted us for too long.

You beat me to it AD.  I've been thinking the same thing recently.  Although Dykes parents are from Dumfries he was brought up in Australia and when did you last hear an Aussie sportsperson being interviewed who wasn't totally confident and full of self-belief.  So he has that great combination of a bit of cheek (which all of the great Scottish players have always had) coupled with great self-belief.  Cannae whack it.  Totally agree with you there.

Played golf with my wee pal today who was Declan Gallagher's bootboy.  Felt you'd want to hear what he shared.  Apparently Gallagher has the biggest nob you've ever seen, which is also 'thick' and 'like a cucumber'.  So there you go.
If that's the case, it's a wonder he had any room in his pocket for Mitrovic

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Upon searching for 'Yes Sir I can boogie' remix I happened to stumble upon this. Now if anyone wants to explain this feel free? Some Freudian stuff going on here. Probably NSFW 

That waistcoat fair gives G-Man away though.

18 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Lol.....remember watching it wi ma da as a kid. Big Narey's "toe poke"

we think it  madness that Scotland could take the lead against Brazil in the world cup these days.

Back then though it was expected.......and if we lost we were genuinely disappointed.

We had some cracking teams in the 60's 70's 80's and even into the 90's. 

Genuinely world class.

I was at still at primary school and remember watching that World Cup on my own in the living room as my dad was away working in Nigeria for 6 weeks. He managed to get to watch it on the village TV with lots of locals also supporting Scotland with him. Unfortunately the picture cut out with us leading from Narey's goal and he didn't find out the score until about three days later!

One of my abiding memories of Euro 96 was the fans at half time against England.  It was 0-0, and the camera panned around the stadium, all the England fans were sitting chatting drinking their bovril or whatever, and the entire Scottish section were standing on their seats dancing to Rockin All Over The World by Status Quo.  Fuckin beautiful. 

Can't believe we made it and we have England at Wembley and two games at Hampden, literally the stuff dreams are made of, and I genuinely think we'll qualify, having taken 4 or 6 points from our first two games. No chance we're getting beat down there.