Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

33 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm struggling to understand why the tweet would annoy anyone who isn't bitter towards Clarke or the National team. "Bye bye to a 22 year wait for a tournament". What's to be annoyed about?

I never said no Rangers fans support the National team, I agree with you that it's a majority of Rangers fans who do want to see the team do well. If you're denying there aren't a considerable number of your clubs fans who actively want us to fail then I guess we'll just have to disagree.

There's no way the SFA put that tweet out with the intention of getting it up Rangers fans, to take that from the tweet suggests an underlying bitterness/paranoia towards the SFA/National Team or Clarke for me.

It’s a day for celebrating mate, not for arguing.

Chill with a beer and just enjoy it mate.

14 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

f**k this 90 minutes pish, we'll take on anyone in a penalty shootout

Maybe the euphoria of last night is messing with my head but we have a real template that could work at a tournament. Almost everyone hates penalties but it could be something we work towards if we reach the knock out rounds.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm trying, I don't get it. If Dumbarton fans had thrown sectarian abuse at Walter Smith, and Watty decided to get it up them by saying bye and giving them a wave when he moved on to the Scotland job, I'd be quite happy that some bigots had their nose out of joint. If that "bye" and wave was then attributed to Scotland ending a 22 year wait for a tournament, I would not give two fucks.

We're not going to make any progress here and to be honest, this isn't worth the posts that have been wasted on it already, so it's probably best we leave it. Like I said, it's really not a big deal and I'd wager the number of people absolutely seething about it number in the tens. Most Rangers fans probably looked it and thought "nah, not for me" then moved on.

I just think the point of the national team is that we leave the club stuff at the door, and that's the only way the national team really works as an experience for the fans. So I wouldn't have posted it. I was a bit annoyed but it barely even registered until it was brought up here. I'd far rather talk about the sheer overwhelming disbelief I still feel.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

So he was having a dig at both Rangers and Celtic fans then? I don't see how that would change my view that it's still an ill-advised tweet.

I think it's more that it's quite a well known reaction gif of him that they decided to use to fit the situation for a bit of a cheap laugh just, if the nutter element of either support pounce on it you can't really help that as those types of folk are permanently looking to cement their 'everyones against us!!' view. 

Anyway, the videos of the players dancing about steaming last night are tremendous, they're the most likeable bunch of boys we've had in ages.  17 of us booked up for London this morning, and i'd guess about 10 of those have been pretty indifferent towards the national team for years,  Last night was a game changer in terms of how folk feel about the national side. 

Maybe it is still there, my mistake if it is.
But at least you appreciate why I think it was needless. It would be like Levein being our manager and the Scotland Twitter posting a comment saying "Natural Order" or something to that effect. It wouldn't be directly antagonising Hibs fans, but I'm sure you'd think it would've been best left unsaid.
Lighten the f**k up

1 minute ago, G51 said:

We're not going to make any progress here and to be honest, this isn't worth the posts that have been wasted on it already, so it's probably best we leave it. Like I said, it's really not a big deal and I'd wager the number of people absolutely seething about it number in the tens. Most Rangers fans probably looked it and thought "nah, not for me" then moved on.

I just think the point of the national team is that we leave the club stuff at the door, and that's the only way the national team really works as an experience for the fans. So I wouldn't have posted it. I was a bit annoyed but it barely even registered until it was brought up here. I'd far rather talk about the sheer overwhelming disbelief I still feel.

This is largely my view too, I simply think it was needless bringing club stuff into an outstanding National Team achievement.

Agreed though, I regret bringing it up now so I'll leave it there.

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

I think it's more that it's quite a well known reaction gif of him that they decided to use to fit the situation for a bit of a cheap laugh just, if the nutter element of either support pounce on it you can't really help that as those types of folk are permanently looking to cement their 'everyones against us!!' view. 

Anyway, the videos of the players dancing about steaming last night are tremendous, they're the most likeable bunch of boys we've had in ages.  17 of us booked up for London this morning, and i'd guess about 10 of those have been pretty indifferent towards the national team for years,  Last night was a game changer in terms of how folk feel about the national side. 

Same here, 10 of us have booked a Hostel in London the Thursday - Saturday so I'm buzzing for that (assuming we get to go re: Covid!).

We haven't booked travel yet though, how are others planning on going?

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Making it all about the Sevco ffs.

Who care if any Rangers fans were upset. Majority of them will have been too busy celebrating England's win last night and crying over Norn Iron.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Yeah get this Rangers fan patter straight in the bin where it belongs, who gives a flying f**k what they think.

These posts perfectly sum up why I thought it was needless.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe it is still there, my mistake if it is.

But at least you appreciate why I think it was needless. It would be like Levein being our manager and the Scotland Twitter posting a comment saying "Natural Order" or something to that effect. It wouldn't be directly antagonising Hibs fans, but I'm sure you'd think it would've been best left unsaid.

This is a great point but you are wrong, no-one would associate it with Hibs in that context, it would be seen as Levein’s ‘catchphrase’ and it would be being applied to European rivals, in this case it is Clarke’s catchphrase and has no reference to Rangers.

This want to be insulted is a bad attribute.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Same here, 10 of us have booked a Hostel in London the Thursday - Saturday so I'm buzzing for that (assuming we get to go re: Covid!).

We haven't booked travel yet though, how are others planning on going?

About 6 of us planning on packing into my mate's flat down there for the weekend although might book something with free cancellation jic. Trains probably best - bring your own cans, no fannying about through security, no having to get in or out of the city itself. 

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

So he was having a dig at both Rangers and Celtic fans then? I don't see how that would change my view that it's still an ill-advised tweet.

That was when he was Killie manager and is irrelevant when it is applied in a Scotland context.

My first Scotland game was as a six year old. It was Latvia at Parkhead in 1997. I loved it but didn't understand the magnitude of qualifying for a tournament.
23 years later, absolute fucking scenes.
I was 11 at the time, but it was my first Scotland game as well. I didn't think we'd be waiting so long to qualify for another tournament!

It still hasn't really sunk in yet that we're off to the Euros, my head's still all over the place after the shootout.