Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

I just clicked on the link and it's still there? I understand why you'd feel it's needless as a Rangers fan even if you rightly don't take umbrage with it yourself but it's a wee joke and it doesn't hurt anyone really 
You have to remember that Old Firm fans are completely, and absolutely humourless when it comes to themselves.

That's what comes of being singularly obsessed with ensuring everything is exactly equal between the two of them.

Every video I see of John McGinn makes me laugh.
I'm absolutely delighted for John McGinn and the McGinn family, good decent football people to the core who really deserve this. Brothers John, Stephen and Paul are examples of guys who would never admit to being stellar talents but they have all worked extremely hard to make their mark in UK senior football. Fair play to them.

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I just clicked on the link and it's still there? I understand why you'd feel it's needless as a Rangers fan even if you rightly don't take umbrage with it yourself but it's a wee joke and it doesn't hurt anyone really 

Maybe it is still there, my mistake if it is.

But at least you appreciate why I think it was needless. It would be like Levein being our manager and the Scotland Twitter posting a comment saying "Natural Order" or something to that effect. It wouldn't be directly antagonising Hibs fans, but I'm sure you'd think it would've been best left unsaid.

For me this group of players can get better,McTominay is still a working process for me the reason Clarke didn't play him in midfield is because he still needs to improve his without the ball game plus Clarke feels he didn't get enough caps himself so he looks at players that have the individual quality for the system rather than a player playing at a certain level.
Clarke has went against the grain and promoted our own league through the national team to get success not many managers would've done this,credit to him and the coaching team fecking brilliant and a blue print for the future. 

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

In honesty, I think it was a bit of an ill-advised tweet from them.

It doesn't irk me as much as others, but at a time when the whole country is rejoicing and you'd like to unite fans behind the team, is using a phrase that was originally used by Clarke to antagonise one set of supporters really a good idea?

See that's the thing, about 10 seconds after he said 'bye bye Rangers' he also said 'Bye Bye Celtic' - the narrative that he was having a dig at Rangers fans came purely from Rangers fans taking a 10 second clip out of context. 

Just now, G51 said:

Try and see it from someone else's point of view then. If Walter Smith was still the manager last night and the Scotland account put out tweets referencing comments he'd made about beating Dumbarton, you'd probably be a wee bit annoyed by that.

It's the national team. We leave the club stuff at the door, that's how it works.

I'm trying, I don't get it. If Dumbarton fans had thrown sectarian abuse at Walter Smith, and Watty decided to get it up them by saying bye and giving them a wave when he moved on to the Scotland job, I'd be quite happy that some bigots had their nose out of joint. If that "bye" and wave was then attributed to Scotland ending a 22 year wait for a tournament, I would not give two fucks.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Sky sports news at 11am.

30 secs of Scotland and then discussing the England goalkeeper “dilemma”

McGinn tossing Harry Maguire away like a fag butt and Griffiths hitting free kicks past Jordan fucking Pickford though

Screenshot_20201113-121333~2.png

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

See that's the thing, about 10 seconds after he said 'bye bye Rangers' he also said 'Bye Bye Celtic' - the narrative that he was having a dig at Rangers fans came purely from Rangers fans taking a 10 second clip out of context. 

So he was having a dig at both Rangers and Celtic fans then? I don't see how that would change my view that it's still an ill-advised tweet.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
Every video I see of John McGinn makes me laugh.

I'm absolutely delighted for John McGinn and the McGinn family, good decent football people to the core who really deserve this. Brothers John, Stephen and Paul are examples of guys who would never admit to being stellar talents but they have all worked extremely hard to make their mark in UK senior football. Fair play to them.

League Cup with St Mirren, Scottish Cup with Hibs, Play Off winner with Villa and now last night. Some career the boy is putting together and seems like a good guy as well.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

It doesnt even make sense, her party gained a seat, its not as if she lost it to labour etc and she was celebrating that. When I celebrated last night it wasn't because Serbia lost, Scotland won.

It's there uber yoon mindset, rather than talk up the union every tweet or article is talking Scotland down. It was refreshing having all the positive messages before the game and the upbeat Barbour, Faddy and Fletch in the studio. Although worried about the threat it was good to see them talking up our team.

57 minutes ago, AJF said:

In honesty, I think it was a bit of an ill-advised tweet from them.

It doesn't irk me as much as others, but at a time when the whole country is rejoicing and you'd like to unite fans behind the team, is using a phrase that was originally used by Clarke to antagonise one set of supporters really a good idea?

This has nothing to do with Rangers