Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Go for it mate, your dad is right...maybe this squad can prove me wrong...I hope so.

Whatever the outcome, we’ve actually qualified and it’ll be a trip as long as it goes ahead! 22 years and we’re going to the fuckin euros.

I was born in 1996, I have never seen Scotland at a tournament (that I remember). Watched the penalties with my dad (he missed the Clyde play off win and as such, I don’t have too many “happy” football memories with him) and as I said earlier, just about burst into tears with sheer emotion of it.

What a night, what a team, what a fucking country!

Edited by Scott-Replay

Flights booked to London. Hope to f**k the vaccine is sorted by then and we’re allowed some form of normality. What a fucking week of football that’s going to be. A home game, hopefully fan zones allowed, jaunt down to London to scud them there, back up the road to George Sq fan zone and watch the team take 9 points from the group. 

Hard to single out individual performances but;

Marshall- That save is the single greatest split second of my life I think.

O'Donnell- Had his critics at this level but thought he was really good tonight. The big sexy b*****d.

McTominay- Really wasn't a fan of him in defence after the Israel semi but he's grown into the role and I thought was really good tonight. Players make individual errors, even if we hadn't won on penalties I'd have forgiven him but as it is I'll never remember it.

Gallagher- What a rise over the last few years. Never thought he was capable of stepping it up again but jings I thought he did again tonight. Colossal.

Tierney- Probably the quietest of the 11 that started for me but never put a foot wrong.

Robertson- Thought that chance was gonna come back to haunt us and he looked tired and had some poor touches. But had some great surges of energy and moments of quality.

Jack- Really solid. Nothing spectacular but did everything right I thought.

McGregor- Lots of people wanted Armstrong instead (possibly me included) but he was brilliant I thought.

McGinn- Has there ever been a more unconventional Scottish player? Other than shooting I'm not sure he's actually much good at anything other using his body, but he does that brilliantly. So much of the good attacking play we had in the second half came through him.

Christie- Pressed really well and provided moments of flair we needed. I think we can all relate to that interview.

Dykes- Back in early March I said I hoped he started the Israel game but I don't know how much I really believed it. But now it's hard to imagine a Scotland team without him. What a player. What a man.

Subs- We were on the back foot for almost the entire time these guys were on but 3 of them scored penalties and Paterson put in a real shift so they'll forever be legends in my eyes.

Clarke- I knew he was the man for the job after the work he did with Killie. In fact I remember when he took over at West Brom and had them flying he said he'd love to manage Scotland. We've loved it too Steve.

Everyone else involved in getting us there (including Andy fucking Considine) a huge fucking thank you.

Legends the lot of them.

Just now, ropy said:

Room for Tony Watt and Alan Campbell in that squad, we don’t lose with Motherwell in the team.

Actually very proud that our team has contributed to this, SOD may only be visiting and Dec might now be worth millions, but a good feeling.

23 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

If someone hasn't done a John McGinn YouTube compilation of him arseing players out the way and turning into free space, they should really do one now with plenty of material from tonight.

I want to go back and watch that second half again just to count how many times he won back possession in Serbia's half, because it was getting ridiculous. He's a one-man gegenpress. He was taking the ball off technically accomplished players like he was stealing their lunch money.

2 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Hard to single out individual performances but;

Marshall- That save is the single greatest split second of my life I think.

O'Donnell- Had his critics at this level but thought he was really good tonight. The big sexy b*****d.

McTominay- Really wasn't a fan of him in defence after the Israel semi but he's grown into the role and I thought was really good tonight. Players make individual errors, even if we hadn't won on penalties I'd have forgiven him but as it is I'll never remember it.

Gallagher- What a rise over the last few years. Never thought he was capable of stepping it up again but jings I thought he did again tonight. Colossal.

Tierney- Probably the quietest of the 11 that started for me but never put a foot wrong.

Robertson- Thought that chance was gonna come back to haunt us and he looked tired and had some poor touches. But had some great surges of energy and moments of quality.

Jack- Really solid. Nothing spectacular but did everything right I thought.

McGregor- Lots of people wanted Armstrong instead (possibly me included) but he was brilliant I thought.

McGinn- Has there ever been a more unconventional Scottish player? Other than shooting I'm not sure he's actually much good at anything other using his body, but he does that brilliantly. So much of the good attacking play we had in the second half came through him.

Christie- Pressed really well and provided moments of flair we needed. I think we can all relate to that interview.

Dykes- Back in early March I said I hoped he started the Israel game but I don't know how much I really believed it. But now it's hard to imagine a Scotland team without him. What a player. What a man.

Subs- We were on the back foot for almost the entire time these guys were on but 3 of them scored penalties and Paterson put in a real shift so they'll forever be legends in my eyes.

Clarke- I knew he was the man for the job after the work he did with Killie. In fact I remember when he took over at West Brom and had them flying he said he'd love to manage Scotland. We've loved it too Steve.

Everyone else involved in getting us there (including Andy fucking Considine) a huge fucking thank you.

Legends the lot of them.

Good post and fair performance stats

On 08/10/2020 at 23:15, killiefan27 said:

Worried about what Milinkovic-Savic will do to that midfield.

On the other hand, six games unbeaten indicates Sir Steve has another #juggernaut. Anyone got a form table?

Went back to the start of this thread for the lols, and this reminded me of something. One of the highlights of the game for me was Milinkovic-Savic hoofing a wildly slashed clearance over his own box, from one side to the other, at approximately the altitude of the International Space Station.

His head was gone and it wasn't a surprise when he was hooked.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Went back to the start of this thread for the lols, and this reminded me of something. One of the highlights of the game for me was Milinkovic-Savic hoofing a wildly slashed clearance over his own box, from one side to the other, at approximately the altitude of the International Space Station.

His head was gone and it wasn't a surprise when he was hooked.

yeah i remember that hoof...looked like a slice 

I thought the starting 11 all played great, we should've had the game in the bag long before the inevitable last minute give away.   I thought McGregor was man of the match, but only slightly followed by Dykes, Christie and McGinn.  I didnt believe we could win through penalties, really thought we had our luck in the previous game. Never the less we are a wonderful penalty taking team  and I should've trusted them.  What a wonderful feeling , I was very young when we last played in a major finals.  Best night ever, very emotional, wee Dad would've loved it, he went to every game. Teary eyed had to list raise a glass to him at the end.  🥃

Very proud tonight. Good night. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿