Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Steve Clarke has done such an amazing job. I will be honest and thought serbia would be better than they were and we would fall short, but he has built a solid team and got us there. We have bit more of a solid defence that we have screaming out for, for years. A creative midfield, ryan jack seems to buy into what hes being asked to do and dykes up there, bit of scepticism from people when he was 1st brought in, but he plays that lone striker role so well. We have a decent team with a very likeable manager as well.
Yep. Team really coherent. Manager not a p***k. Tournaments reached. Smile on coupon. Liking this

As a six year-old, World Cup 98 was the first tournament I ever watched and I've been obsessed with football ever since. Back then, I was just a curious wee boy who enjoyed it as a neutral without fully understanding what was going on or grasping the significance of it. I certainly didn't realise that I wouldn't see Scotland in another major competition for 22 years. It's been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to enjoying my first Euros as a Scotland supporter. A little tear was shed this evening.

Magnificent. I'm 43, I grew up in a time when we bemoaned our failure to get out of the group stages. Half my life later were finally gotten back to a finals. Its brilliant. 

Great to see the emotion from players and staff alike. 

Already looking forward to a socially distanced open top bus tour. 

Just now, Gordopolis said:
6 minutes ago, buchan30 said:
Steve Clarke has done such an amazing job. I will be honest and thought serbia would be better than they were and we would fall short, but he has built a solid team and got us there. We have bit more of a solid defence that we have screaming out for, for years. A creative midfield, ryan jack seems to buy into what hes being asked to do and dykes up there, bit of scepticism from people when he was 1st brought in, but he plays that lone striker role so well. We have a decent team with a very likeable manager as well.

Yep. Team really coherent. Manager not a p***k. Tournaments reached. Smile on coupon. Liking this

Let's hope some no mark English Premiership side don't come and throw money at the SFA for him...

If you ignore extra time we were magnificent. Difficult to remember a better away performance against a decent team. McGregor was fantastic tonight, as was Dykes and Marshall. Special kudos to the five penalty takers as well. Absolutely superb.

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We finally get to the Euros, and get landed with a group containing the World Cup Finalists and Semi Finalists 🤣

Aye but we always beat Croatia and Steve Clarkes a genius and I genuinely think Dykes will terrorise Harry Maguire but that may be the Glenlivet talking. 

Anyway, the Wembley match...can you socially distantly invade a country? 

Edited by The Moonster