Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Didn't think we had that type of 90 minutes in us. Clarke getting the players to execute a high and continuous press was superb. I thought we were going to be sitting in a shape and why I was worried about our lack of height. Instead we went out and took the game to them. Should have had more than 1 goal before the last minute corner.
And even more credit to Clarke for keeping us disciplined and robust and the extra time. They were in charge but we kept their chances to a minimum.
Regrouped for the pens and everyone hit a positive penalty and Marshall was after every one. Just Tremendous.
It should have been comfortable and our most impressive away win in years. Instead we also showed guts to qualify when things didn't go for us.
FUCKING OUSTANDING
I think thid pressing game plays to our strengths - I don't think any of our Euro opponents like it.

They're going to need to fly over a few 747s to Belgrade to bring the players back, because the plane they arrived in will never be big enough to take their massive balls home.

To hold on through extra time and then nail all 5 penalties after the gut-punch of that equaliser... balls the size of Jupiter.