Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

I'd be surprised if Armstrong or Christie start in midfield tonight, one might be in the Fraser role though. In the 352 recently there hasn't been much room for a more creative, technical box to box midfielder. It's McGinn with license to get forward, a holder and McGregor doing whatever he's meant to be doing for Scotland. Would hope that as confidence grows we develop a bit and it's a holder plus McGinn and one of Armstrong or Christie in a pivot ahead of them.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I haven't watched any English football in fucking ages, is he playing shit hot? everyone's wanting him in tonight. 

It's no coincidence Southampton got off to a terrible start to the season with 3 straight losses while he was out injured. Since his return they've found themselves climb up to 4th in the league.....

51 minutes ago, steveffc said:

Still over 2 hours to kick off and can't decide if (a) should put sensible head on, and go make dinner, or (b) crack open the beers and get takeaway later!

The answer is (b).  Definitely (b).

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Confirmed team up on UEFA website: Marshall; McTominay, Gallagher, Tierney; O'Donnell, Jack, McGinn, McGregor, Robertson; Christie, Dykes. 

Gallagher and O'Donnell deserve to keep their places. Would have had Armstrong over McGregor. 

As we all expected then more or less. Hard to argue with the line up. Armstrong and Griffiths to come on for Dykes/Christie/McGinn if we need to chase things, several defensive options off the bench, shift to a back 4 with Tierney at LB and McGregor (?) on the right of midfield if we want to change things up to a 442/451?
The only thing about changing to a back four mid-game is that it'll probably end up leaving Tierney or McTominay in a 2, but it might be needs must by then. Only having one "natural" winger (is Burke a natural at anything) makes it difficult too.

I'll be absolutely gutted if we don't do this.

I'm old enough to remember Euro 96 & France 98, but I wasn't really old enough to appreciate them. Growing up Scotland just qualified for things.

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Gallagher and O'Donnell deserve to keep their places. Would have had Armstrong over McGregor. 

100% this. McGregor is a waste of a Scotland shirt every time. He’ll probably play a blinder and score a worldie now I’ve said that.