Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

27 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Most butterflies in the stomach since the 2016 Cup Final.

I think a lot of us give it the 'meh, don't care/international football is shite' sort of patter, but f**k me, full range of emotions here. 

One of the biggest games of my life.

Biggest Scotland game since we played England in 1999 but I was just a wee boy then.

I could name 20 Falkirk games I have been more concerned about easily though. Not to downplay this game right enough.

I am keeping calm and trying to go down the road of if it happens it happens....wont last for long.
Serbia all told are a better side but not by a big margin.  That they are at home is an advantage but less so without the crowd. 
They have had some fairly average results over last year or so.  I guess it depends whether they are stronger or weaker as a result of the pressure. 
I just do no want glorious failure.  Would rather lose comfortably than 1-o from a dodgy penalty in 119 minutes. 
I do think it will be a long night and we will need a fair bit of luck to go our way.  But Clarke has a habit of shitfesting his way to results so more of the same would be just perfect. 
This is pretty much how I see it as well. It seems strange and some folk might disagree but if we're to lose then I'd rather we get pumped in normal time and move on from it quickly. If this goes to penalties I don't know if I could cope.

Luka Milivojevic misses tonights game after a positive Covid test.....

Good news for us, he’s a decent player who I assumed would have started for them. Not to tempt fate but he’s a great penalty taker too.

Wonder if any other Serbs will be ruled as close contacts and unable to play ala Christie and Tierney for us in the last camp?

This whole week has been a disaster, laptop where I watch all my football, as I don't own a smartphone or TV, went blank screen on Monday morning, finally got a solution today, with a temporary screen with a black sport on the right, it will do....was calm once I got that sorted around midday.  Then had a wee peek at this thread, you have me all nervous again.  I couldn't even remember what the time was in the Scotland to set my alarm.  I'm all over the fucking place ( head wise, not drunk) and it's still 8 hours to ko.  

Going to bed early, but won't sleep as I'll think the alarm won't work, or the Wifi will go down or there be a power cut.  Just keep on thinking I'm going to miss this game.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I could name 20 Falkirk games I have been more concerned about easily though. Not to downplay this game right enough.

I think that's fair enough.

It's probably hard to put into words. For me, the cup win in 2016 put a lot of things both previously and since then in perspective. Reflecting on the manner of the victory and realising that it would be unlikely that I would ever experience that relief and those emotions again.

Scotland qualifying for a major tournament again now feels similar, the constant disappointments, the feeling that it's never going to happen.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Most butterflies in the stomach since the 2016 Cup Final.

I think a lot of us give it the 'meh, don't care/international football is shite' sort of patter, but f**k me, full range of emotions here. 

One of the biggest games of my life.

I'm not really nervous.  More excited to see if Scotland can do it.  

Before the 2015 Cup Final, I'd done 3 nervous shits before we left at 9am.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

I don’t feel the nerves yet, they will come when I’m sat in front of the tv 5 mins before kick off. I’m really trying to not get my hopes up here, we’ve been hurt too many times before.

i wont allow myself to get too excited but it is hard knowing how close we are to not dream of being there

Btw,read the last couple of pages on this thread, and remember them the next time some fandans on here try to say club football is more important blah blah blah. 

Nothing comes close to international football, if Scotland win tonight the entire country is energised for weeks, the atmosphere today before the game is fuckin electric.  There's nothing like international football, nothing comes close.

Having watched us bungle the play off with the Netherlands
Having watched that ref performance vs Italy
Having watched us find new and hilariously inept ways to fall at the last hurdle...
Im ready to get my hopes dashed once more.

Guest bernardblack
Having watched us bungle the play off with the Netherlands
Having watched that ref performance vs Italy
Having watched us find new and hilariously inept ways to fall at the last hurdle...
Im ready to get my hopes dashed once more.

Was thinking about the Italy game earlier and thought how we could have used VAR that day....

Then remembered our goal was offside