Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

There are two different roles in that midfield. Jack, McGregor and McLean sit further back, Armstrong and McGinn will compete for the role that gets closer to the strikers. If need be, McGinn can drop back, but hopefully he doesn’t need to.

Armstrong and mcginn wont be competing at all. Mcginn will play in the same position he has played in the last lot of games. Armstrong and christie will compete to replace ryan fraser up top. Armstrong i would imagine is favourite due to being more dynamic which is similar to ryan fraser.

Why is Mckenna not being mentioned, Am I missing something?
Depends if you're predicting the team you think will start or the team you want to start. I'd be quite surprised if McKenna isn't starting since Clarke picks him every match he's available. It's a tough call though.

Guest bernardblack
Shame we don't have a 6 foot 8 CB who would pick Mitrovic up and put him in his hip pocket.  Is class on the ball too, and would allow McSauce to play midfield.

Excellent use of McSauce

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Is it just me or has the build up been somewhat muted?

I'm getting nervous but confident. Whatever the starting 11 I think with Steve Clarke in charge you're pretty much going to get the same performance. 

I’ve been trying to avoid thinking about it since we won the Israel game...

2 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

2 hours ago, charger29 said:
2 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Depends if you're predicting the team you think will start or the team you want to start. I'd be quite surprised if McKenna isn't starting since Clarke picks him every match he's available. It's a tough call though.

Agreed don't be surprised when McKenna goes straight back in.

Since Clarke took over McKenna has been his first choice at centre back and given how well he appears to be playing (@ForestForum) it would seem logical that he goes straight back in to the starting line up

Tough as that may be, that's the way the cookie crumbles

Edited by Sheep62

17 hours ago, Aufc said:

Nothing better than seeing some of the shouts for the team selection in the run up to a game. People wanting to put griffiths in from the start when he has hardly played for celtic. People wanting to put armstrong in at centre mid when he doesnt play there. People wanting to play considine because he played well in the last two games. People wanting to play tiernay right wing back when he is essentially one footed.

Only one of armstrong or christie will play in place of fraser. If tiernay plays it will be left centre back. Griffiths wont start. Neither will considine

Spot on! 

Some of the shouts are ridiculous! 

18 hours ago, Aufc said:

Nothing better than seeing some of the shouts for the team selection in the run up to a game. People wanting to put griffiths in from the start when he has hardly played for celtic. People wanting to put armstrong in at centre mid when he doesnt play there. People wanting to play considine because he played well in the last two games. People wanting to play tiernay right wing back when he is essentially one footed.

Only one of armstrong or christie will play in place of fraser. If tiernay plays it will be left centre back. Griffiths wont start. Neither will considine

Armstrong considers himself a centre midfielder. His words.

The fact he's playing further forward and doing well shows his versatility. Not an inability to play a position he previously played (for years).

If we go with 3 centre backs I would go

Marshall

McTominay, Cooper, Tierney,

O'Donnell, Jack, McGregor, Robertson

Armstrong McGinn

Dykes

If we go with 2 centre backs

Marshall

Tierney, Cooper, McKenna, Robertson

McTominay, McGregor

Armstrong McGinn Fraser

Dykes

2 minutes ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

If we go with 3 centre backs I would go

Marshall

McTominay, Cooper, Tierney,

O'Donnell, Jack, McGregor, Robertson

Armstrong McGinn

Dykes

If we go with 2 centre backs

Marshall

Tierney, Cooper, McKenna, Robertson

McTominay, McGregor

Armstrong McGinn Fraser

Dykes

I'll cheese grate my baws if we go with 2 CBs. Thats not going to happen.

21 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I'll cheese grate my baws if we go with 2 CBs. Thats not going to happen.

I did that when we went with three centre backs in the last games - good results on the pitch but to be honest quite painful and not really recommended (my cheese grater was getting a bit rusty so probably didnt do the smooth job I somehow anticipated)

Marshall a stick on in goals.

Robertso  likewise at left back.

Clark clearly likes how McTominay fits in at the back so suspect he'll stay. Gallagher has done nothing wrong and is the right sort to handle Mitrovic and we know Clark rates McKenna when fit so suspect that will be the back 3.

Tierney is another that has to play so unless he's on the left of the back 3 at the expense of one of them above it will be at right wing back. O'Donnell can maybe feel unlucky given recent form.

Midfield 3 likely to be Jack, McGinn and McGregor which looks reasonably balanced and not many alternatives.

Dykes a fixture up top but Griffiths, Armstrong or Christie to play off him in Fraser's absence? I feel Armstrong is the nearest like for like so will go with him.

Marshall

Tierney, McTominay, Gallagher, McKenna, Robertson

McGinn, Jack, McGregor

Armstrong

Dykes

Marshall

McTominay Cooper Tierney
O’Donnell. Robertson
Jack

McGregor Christie McGinn

Dykes

Cooper / McKenna / Gallagher any of the three at CB. Armstrong could be in instead of McGregor. McGinn and McGregor to drop back with Jack when defending. Tierney or McTominay will bring the ball out from the back with the other remaining back.

Christie will be given a free pass to make runs and roam around the pitch like Frasier did last match to try and pull their defence out of position with Griffiths to come on in the second when he’s blowing.