Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

45 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I wouldn't start Considine, as much as I love the guy. He is having another very good season for us and did well against Slovakia and Czech Republic, but we have better options there to start on the left of the three - Tierney, most notably. I think McKenna is better than Gallagher and I would ordinarily prefer him to play, and he is playing well at Forest by all accounts, but Gallagher was excellent in his last couple of games so I wouldn't be too bothered about him keeping his place. 

Fucking.....booooooooo.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I feel Andy Considine done really well last time but Scottish people are absolutely fucking awful for this "that worked in the last game, dae it again" attitude. Considine is fine filling in here and there when we're absolutely stuck but he's nowhere near good enough or consistent enough to be a permanent Scotland defender, nor is this the time for pishy "but the boy done good" sentiment. 

What is Considine record ? Played 2 won 2 0 conceded or something like that?

Consistent i presume you mean club wise ? If yes no idea why Mctominay gets in the team. Seems to be shite for both club and Country right now .

Defence wise worries me. 

However I agree regardless.

Just fucking win 

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Consistent i presume you mean club wise ? If yes no idea why Mctominay gets in the team. Seems to be shite for both club and Country right now .

Defence wise worries me. 

Just fucking win 

McTominay is most definitely not shite for his club right now. Certainly wasn’t shite for us in the last set of games either.  

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

McTominay is most definitely not shite for his club right now. Certainly wasn’t shite for us in the last set of games either.  

He is a bombscare in our defence. As if he is lost.

Game v Everton he did well tbh. But few  games before that not so much.

A back 3 of McTominay, Cooper and Tierney, which seems to be what people are suggesting, worries me. It's nothing against them individually, I'm just not sure it's the right balance. There is no real physicality there - McTominay is tall but is not a natural attacker of the ball in the air, Cooper is okay but again not the strongest, and Tierney isn't going to win many aerial duals. Our recent clean sheets were won through being solid in the air and kicking and heading everything that moved. This is going to be backs to the wall for long spells and Serbia playing balls into the box against those 3 gives me the fear. On top of that, O'Donnell got destroyed in the air for Celtic's third goal yesterday from a deep cross which doesn't fill me with confidence, and it's certainly not Robertson's strength either. I think we need 3 big physical defenders who don't leave the width of the 18 yard box. McTominay seems to be nailed on given Clarke has specifically moved him there, which means I think at least one of Cooper and Tierney being replaced with a more 'physical' defender like Gallagher or McKenna is needed. On paper leaving Tierney out given the level he is playing at seems crazy, but I'm not sure he is really what we need in this game.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Nothing better than seeing some of the shouts for the team selection in the run up to a game. People wanting to put griffiths in from the start when he has hardly played for celtic. People wanting to put armstrong in at centre mid when he doesnt play there. People wanting to play considine because he played well in the last two games. People wanting to play tiernay right wing back when he is essentially one footed.

Only one of armstrong or christie will play in place of fraser. If tiernay plays it will be left centre back. Griffiths wont start. Neither will considine

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He is a bombscare in our defence. As if he is lost.

Game v Everton he did well tbh. But few  games before that not so much.

What are you on about? Did you even watch the last two games?

Also, any team that doesn’t include Armstrong is just incorrect. Got to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What are you on about? Did you even watch the last two games?

Also, any team that doesn’t include Armstrong is just incorrect. Got to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Game v Everton he did well 

Presume Turkish game you didn't think of but we don't need to count that game.

Game v Arsenal he was awful .

None of these however were in defence...

Centre half for Scotland he is awful 

Edited by G_Man1985

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Game v Everton he did well 

Presume Turkish game you didn't think of but we don't need to count that game.

Game v Arsenal he was awful .

None of these however were in defence...

Centre half for Scotland he is awful 

Except for the last 3 games, where he has been solid at worst?

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Except for the last 3 games, where he has been solid at worst?

At international level ? Certainly not. This is when I know I watch a different Scotland game. He is shit in defence snd I hate he keeps getting played there.

However if we win then that is fine. 3 at back against Serbia will be interesting 

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Defence wise worries me. 

Just fucking win 

Totally, man u will definitely be in for considine in January to replace mctominay 🙄 

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

At international level ? Certainly not. This is when I know I watch a different Scotland game. He is shit in defence snd I hate he keeps getting played there.

However if we win then that is fine. 3 at back against Serbia will be interesting 

If you can watch McTominay’s last three performances for Scotland and think he was shit then there’s no hope tbh. 

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

You don't think when watching him that an error is away to happen in every game he plays at centre half ? 

Crazy

In the first set of games he played at centre half, yes. 

In the three games there he didn’t make any mistakes. 

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He didn't make any mistakes in last 3 games in defence? 

That's plenty. 

I'm sure he misplaced a pass or two, aye. But we got 3 clean sheets and looked a whole lot more defensively sound in those last 3 games.

Is he a natural defender? Nope. Would I rather he played midfield? Aye. But if him playing there provides the defensive balance we otherwise wouldnt have without him there, then fine.

Saying hes been shite the last 3 games just screams that you made up your mind on him months ago and wont accept evidence to the contrary.

21 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He didn't make any mistakes in last 3 games in defence? 

That's plenty. 

Nope - he may have made slight mistakes, I can’t remember, but he was the furthest thing from shit. 

We barely conceded a shot in the first two games so you’re evidently talking nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'm sure he misplaced a pass or two, aye. But we got 3 clean sheets and looked a whole lot more defensively sound in those last 3 games.

Is he a natural defender? Nope. Would I rather he played midfield? Aye. But if him playing there provides the defensive balance we otherwise wouldnt have without him there, then fine.

Saying hes been shite the last 3 games just screams that you made up your mind on him months ago and wont accept evidence to the contrary.

I'm a stat guy. So in theory Considine should carry on... why change a stronger looking defence... why change something that isn't broken?

He needs to keep in line with his defence. Slovakia we were lucky finishing was poor. But you knew this already about the chance.

He is in defence because that is what Clarke wants. We have one hurdle left 🙂

let's do it 🙂