Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

My thoughts on what Clarke will do (assuming all fit):

Marshall

McTominay Gallagher Considine

O'Donnell Jack McGinn McGregor Robertson

Dykes Fraser

What I would do:

Marshall

Gallagher McKenna Considine

O'Donnell Jack* McGinn McLean Robertson

Dykes Fraser

*Euughh...I'd put McTominay in there but I've never seen him play well for Scotland in midfield, nor do I watch English football..

Edited by Illgresi

2 hours ago, Mean Gene said:

Marshall 

Mctominay McKenna Cooper 

Tierney                                              Robertson

Jack    McGinn

Christie 

Dykes.  Fraser 

Mccrorie

jon mclaughlin

Cosidine

Taylor

Gallagher 

Ross McCrorie 

Mcgregor 

Fleck

Mclean

Mcgregor 

Armstrong

Forrest

McBurnie

Griffiths 

Burke

If we're playing the 532 I think this is a great defence 👍

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Marshall

Dykes Fraser

What I would do:

Marshall

Dykes Fraser

*Euughh...I'd put McTominay in there but I've never seen him play well for Scotland in midfield, nor do I watch English football..

McTominay being solid as a centre half but also being able to come out with the ball and hit a good pass to the midfield/attack was a huge factor in the last few games. There is absolutely no way he should be or will be dropped for McKenna.

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

McTominay being solid as a centre half but also being able to come out with the ball and hit a good pass to the midfield/attack was a huge factor in the last few games. There is absolutely no way he should be or will be dropped for McKenna.

Was dubious at first of McTominay in that role, but find he brings a confidence to the back line. Looks very assured on the ball. Also as you say, he keeps us in possession a lot of the time as well, which we will need against Serbia. 

Thought McTominay was outstanding as RCB ... was really concerned after his first game in that role and, to be honest, felt Clark was just being stubborn, and a bit of a p***k, by persevering. But I work in mental health, and have not coached at any level .. for one second .. in my entire life. I wouldn’t change the back 3 going forward, maybe Tierney for Considine at a push, but they look a really good balanced unit that can only get better. He’s been proven right to persevere and so glad he didn’t change because of pant fillers like me!

21 minutes ago, Cyprus _ Jag said:

Thought McTominay was outstanding as RCB ... was really concerned after his first game in that role and, to be honest, felt Clark was just being stubborn, and a bit of a p***k, by persevering. But I work in mental health, and have not coached at any level .. for one second .. in my entire life. I wouldn’t change the back 3 going forward, maybe Tierney for Considine at a push, but they look a really good balanced unit that can only get better. He’s been proven right to persevere and so glad he didn’t change because of pant fillers like me!

Not the worst first post on the forum...

You're dead wrong about Consi...but still a reasonable post.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Not the worst first post on the forum...

You're dead wrong about Consi...but still a reasonable post.

Thanks .. I thought the back 3 was outstanding, I didn’t  think Considine put a foot wrong over the 180 minutes. Would be harsh for him to be replaced but I think SC might want to get Tierney in. Just a hunch but would love Considine to keep his place .. kind of blessed now that, by changing the system, we’re in a place where we can discuss strength in depth in a position that’s been a real weakness for us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2020 at 23:59, Illgresi said:

Marshall

Dykes Fraser

What I would do:

Marshall

Dykes Fraser

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Can't find anything about this being true

James Horncastle is about the most reputable English-language source you could get on Italian football, what else do you want?

Edited by craigkillie

The second guy quoted above is now saying wait and see.

Apparently 7 Juventus players travelled despite the ban previously and were reported to the authorities. Not sure what the repercussions were.

Edit: I see Weirder Bremen are apparently stopping CB Veljkovic from travelling too. Not a starter but 3/7 defenders in the squad possibly out.