Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

6 hours ago, ropy said:

Because it is new, the League of Nations has seemed complex and difficult for people to understand, however the thing I am sure about is that we play Israel in every round, so where is this chat about Serbia coming from?

Tito

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
Full match is on YouTube. Hornby sticking out like a sore thumb. In a good way. 

Must've stuck in at training.

A model professional.

Tough ask the way we are playing, Serbia are decent.

I expected Clarke to keep things simple the way he did at Kilmarnock, but he’s not done that really.

Thought he’d be playing 442/451 depending on who we played. 

1 hour ago, ewan14 said:

Does not appreciate beautiful scenery tut tut !

FWIW I've climbed that hill, and the three Munros on the other side. Also walked into there from Kinlochleven, out to Rannoch Station, walked round the loch in a winter storm and cycled from there to Spean Bridge via Fersit. I've stayed in the station building when it was a bunkhouse, and in the youth hostel at the loch. I've seen it in 25 degrees and frozen solid.

It's still shite being Scottish.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

FWIW I've climbed that hill, and the three Munros on the other side. Also walked into there from Kinlochleven, out to Rannoch Station, walked round the loch in a winter storm and cycled from there to Spean Bridge via Fersit. I've stayed in the station building when it was a bunkhouse, and in the youth hostel at the loch. I've seen it in 25 degrees and frozen solid.

Did your car break down or something

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Did your car break down or something

No. Generally a bit fed up with folk, but in this context it's more that I'm a football lover in a nation of football lovers who don't seem to have any interest in training kids to be good footballers. 

On 09/10/2020 at 01:11, Craigieboy86 said:

Armstrong ,Christie and Tierney will avalible scotland squad after 14 day finihs for Covid-19

Scotland should call up Griffith, McCrorie (McCrorie keeper brother ) and  Nesbit

Scotland squad 

Keeper

R.McCrorie 

Marshall

McLaughlin

Defender

Findlay

Tierney

Cooper

Gallagher

O'Donnell

Palmer

Taylor

Robertson

Porteous

Midfielder

Christie

Armstrong 

R.McCrorie

McTominay

McGinn

Jack

McGregor

Fraser

J.Forrest

Striker

Griffith

McBurnie

Shankland

Nesbit

Dykes

Line up face Serbia (3-5-2)

Marshall

Tierney Cooper Gallagher

Palmer McGregor Jack McGinn Robertson

Griffith Dykes

Subs

R McCrorie (Gk)

Findlay

R.McCrorie

Christie

Fraser

Forrest

Nesbit

McBurnie

Porteous

Taylor

O'Donnell

McLaughlin (Gk)

Shankland

Armstrong

McTominay

Jack ?   No

17 hours ago, GordonS said:

The real Fleetwood Mac

On 09/10/2020 at 09:10, Lex said:

Probably not. Certainly the best chance since we went to Holland with a 1-0 win in 2003... then lost the second leg 6-0.
A similar 3+ goal drubbing is certainly not unlikely here. Serbia are demonstrably a better side than us.
They’re above us in the rankings, their squad has what it takes to qualify - they were at the 2018 World Cup - and they have home advantage. If we did win this it would be the greatest Scottish result since... ?
Since we won in France in 2007 at least, probably even longer since that result ultimately didn’t get us to a tournament.
After suffering 120 minutes of that rubbish last night it’s hard to imagine us scoring a goal over there. Another 0-0 in penalties is our most realistic chance of qualification... Yet when you look at Serbia’s attacking options it’s also hard to imagine us keeping a clean sheet...
Yeah I can’t see how we win this but stranger things have happened.
I think the last time we won a competitive game against a proper team away from home was... Croatia in 2013 when we were already out - (I’m not counting Czech Republic C a few weeks ago).
Underdogs is an understatement. We will need the performance of a lifetime and a whole lot of luck. We are certainly due both.

Croatia were not out though

Brilliant result