Post-transfer window final table prediction

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

Celtic have stumbled over the line recently.  

According to one guy associated with Celtic, they have been “outstanding” or “brilliant” in every match they’ve played this season. This particular guy is permanently “delighted”.

1. Celtic - In spite of Lennon, and more down to Gerrards faults. Too much quality up front.

2. Rangers - Getting closer every year, but until Gerrard can prove he can change things during matches when its not working, I struggle to believe they can top Celtic.

3. Aberdeen - Some great signings and exactly what they needed. Smart recruitment. Could be fucked over in January if Hoban/Ferguson go, but sure they'll still scab their way to 3rd regardless. Genuinely think they could challenge higher if they could beat the OF directly.

4. Hibernian - Seem far more balanced this season, and have goals up front.

5. Motherwell - Similar to us last season, expect it'll all click for them at some point and they'll batter past the rest of the league.

6. Livingston - Consistency and home form will drive them here.

7. Kilmarnock - Better balanced than Saints or United. Brophy/Kabamba will get plenty of goals.

8. St Johnstone - Probably closer to 12th than 5th, but once the goals start coming, they should pick up points. Defence is solid.

9. Dundee United - Opposite of St Johnstone. Attack is quality, but the defence will cost them points.

10. St Mirren - Theyll be ultra defensive and pick up points due to that, not got enough in midfield/attack to do much more.

11. Ross County - Reliant on Ross Stewart scoring regularly instead of needing 8 chances to score. Seems a really weird squad build.

12. Hamilton - Brian Rice.

Think the top 4 is set, other 8 could be anything.

Edited by RandomGuy.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1. Celtic - In spite of Lennon, and more down to Gerrards faults. Too much quality up front.

2. Rangers - Getting closer every year, but until Gerrard can prove he can change things during matches when its not working, I struggle to believe they can top Celtic.

3. Aberdeen - Some great signings and exactly what they needed. Smart recruitment. Could be fucked over in January if Hoban/Ferguson go, but sure they'll still scab their way to 3rd regardless. Genuinely think they could challenge higher if they could beat the OF directly.

4. Hibernian - Seem far more balanced this season, and have goals up front.

5. Motherwell - Similar to us last season, expect it'll all click for them at some point and they'll batter past the rest of the league.

6. Livingston - Consistency and home form will drive them here.

7. Kilmarnock - Better balanced than Saints or United. Brophy/Kabamba will get plenty of goals.

8. St Johnstone - Probably closer to 12th than 5th, but once the goals start coming, they should pick up points. Defence is solid.

9. Dundee United - Opposite of St Johnstone. Attack is quality, but the defence will cost them points.

10. St Mirren - Theyll be ultra defensive and pick up points due to that, not got enough in midfield/attack to do much more.

11. Ross County - Reliant on Ross Stewart scoring regularly instead of needing 8 chances to score. Seems a really weird squad build.

12. Hamilton - Brian Rice.

Think the top 4 is set, other 8 could be anything.

I predicted your team for bottom this season and right now I still think Hamilton will finish above St Johnstone 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I predicted your team for bottom this season and right now I still think Hamilton will finish above St Johnstone 

*shrugs*

8 hours ago, welldaft said:

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen 

Hibernian

Motherwell

Kilmarnock 

Livingston 

Dundee United 

Hamilton 

Ross County

St Mirren 

I am going for Rangers as they do seem to be winning games with a little to spare but Celtic have stumbled over the line recently.  It will most likely come down to the Old Firm games as they seem to be streets ahead of everyone else and will drop few points v rest o league.

Aberdeen to finish 3rd but Hibs to push them all the way.

I have gone for my team to finish 5th based on nothing more than we beat Aberdeen 3-0 away and should have probably have edged Hibs at Easter Rd.  If only we can stop losing 1-0 to lesser mortals and conceding 4 penalties every game. 

St Mirren to go down only because Hamilton will do a Hamilton.  They always do.  

Edit to add - AmericanFan knows as much about Scottish soccer as I do about American Football.  Although he was not far wrong with his thoughts on our standard of play so far. 

FIFY

20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

According to one guy associated with Celtic, they have been “outstanding” or “brilliant” in every match they’ve played this season. This particular guy is permanently “delighted”.

That's nice though. Prozac doesn't always work for some people. 

Edited by The Other Foot

1. Celtic

2. Sevco

3. Hibs

4. Aberdeen

5. Livi

6. Killie

7. Motherwell

8. Dundee Utd

9. St Johnstone

10. Ross County

11. Accies

12. St Mirren

Sevco look the better team just now and Celtic are stumbling over the line getting results, but don't think Gerrard will be able to keep it going and will fade after January.

Same could be said with Hibs and Aberdeen, Hibs looking the better team and Dons grinding out results, however i think Ross is a better manager for Hibs to keep it going.

Was going to put Killie 5th, as they look best of the other 8 with Kabamba scoring for fun, but i've renewed hope in our attack these last couple of games, Tiffoney has stepped up to lead the line and everyone else is chipping in too. Also Mullin's signing will get us goals with good deliveries from set pieces, and JET could be massive for us. One final thing, if Stryjek finally comes into our goals i think we could even push for top 4.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I don’t think we have the depth for a third place finish. Aberdeen ran all over our midfield without Gogic and a mostly second string team didn’t look convincing against Brora Rangers. There are about eight first teamers who could f**k our season with a significant injury.

I’ve barely paid any attention to those currently below us in the table. Motherwell should have beaten us at ER, they can push us for fourth in my prediction. After that, dey ken.