RuPaul's #1 Draft Pick Race

GNU_Linux

As of week 3.75 (two week 4 games still to be played) the bottom of barrel is as follows :

Cowboys (1-3)

Broncos (1-3)

Lions (1-3)

Jaguars (1-3)

Chargers (1-3)

Dolphins (1-3)

Vikings (1-3)

Football Team (1-3)

Falcons (0-4)

Texans (0-4)

Giants (0-4)

Jets (0-4)

Who do we all fancy to win the race the bottom? I haven't watched them play but the Jets sound utterly incompetent so far so that's my early hunch.

Perhaps the Jets, but I could see them eking out a win or two because of having the Dolphins in their division, and having a game against a Chargers team that will handle the best in the league one week, and lose to 0-15 garbage the next. 

If the rest of the NFC East sorts their act out then I can conceivably see the Giants only picking up 2-3 wins the rest of the way. 

Texans will want to play for whoever replaces O'Brien so I think that will rule them out, and I don't think the Falcons are as bad as their record, so yeah, I reckon Lawrence ends up in NY one way or another. Some people will argue that NYG would trade the pick, and while that's a definite possibility, I think it would also be prudent for them to take Lawrence anyway, sit him for a year behind Daniel Jones, and then decide who you want to be your QB going forward. Jones could well turn out to be a good NFL starter in the long run, but Lawrence could be absolutely elite, and I don't think you pass on a guy like that just to settle on a guy who will probably still be a 'maybe' after this season.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

The Jets, by a distance, are the worst team in the league. It's Giants 31, Jets 32, but the gap is big.

But right now, the Giants have no.1 pick due to the strength of schedule.  Cowboys 5th and Washington 6th.  

When was the last time (has there ever?) been a division in that state (Eagles pick by result would be 12th overall but fall to 19th.

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

But right now, the Giants have no.1 pick due to the strength of schedule.  Cowboys 5th and Washington 6th.  

When was the last time (has there ever?) been a division in that state (Eagles pick by result would be 12th overall but fall to 19th.

Yeah but the Giants will pick up a game or two somewhere. They play teams a lot closer than the Jets do.

I honestly can't remember a division having as bad a start as 2020's NFC East. The AFC South has had some ropey years before the Texans got Watson and the Titans hired Vrabel, but not quite like this.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

The Jets, by a distance, are the worst team in the league. It's Giants 31, Jets 32, but the gap is big.

I agree, but then I could see both finishing 2-14 or such, which means the relative gap between them is irrelevant and #1 is decided on tie-breakers

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

I agree, but then I could see both finishing 2-14 or such, which means the relative gap between them is irrelevant and #1 is decided on tie-breakers

I can't see the Jets picking up two wins. They were +3 in the turnover battle against Rypien's Broncos and still lost by double digits.

One win? There's an outside chance. But two wins? I'd like to see that!

I think the Giants will be closer to whoever picks #3 than the Jets will be to the Giants.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a lazy shite so excuse the lack of updates. With us now roughly halfway the season the bottom looks like this:

Bengals (2-5-1)

Chargers (2-5)

Vikings (2-5)

Patriots (2-5)

Sportsball Team (2-5)

Falcons (2-6)

Cowboys (2-6)

Texans (1-6)

Jaguars (1-6)

Giants (1-7)

Jets (0 - 8)

Jets play three games against teams from the list above those being the Pats x2 & the Chargers. The Jets started 0-8 back in 96 finishing 1-15 that season thanks to a week 9 win against the Cardinals. I'm astounded Gase is still in the job seeing as the Falcons & Texans have already made head coach changes.

The biggest suprise in that list is the Pats who realistically could miss out on the post-season for the first time since 2008.

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Think this weekend is the only hope Jets have of winning a game and it's a very slim chance. 

After this they have Dolphins, Raiders, @ Seahawks, @ Rams, Browns, @ Patriots

With the expanded playoffs there's a chance the Browns and Pats could still make it in and the rest are good teams

Err... naw.

Herbert will have 400 yards and 3 TD's, and the Chargers will still find a way to make it a one score 4th quarter. This has Joe Flacco game-winning drive as time expires written all over it, and still LAC wont fire anyone.

• 1 month later...