Daily Record

The rate is much lower in Dumfries and Galloway compared to the central belt etc. as is reflected in the latest government restrictions which are much tougher there than here. With that in mind the teams in the South have decided, whilst being well aware of restrictions on changing rooms and showers, to begin the league. As a player I fully understand that the season could be stopped at any time if cases rise in D&G and the league could end up void/long term postponed but to be honest i'm just happy to be back training and playing again, regardless of restrictions.

4 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

I take it the league is definitely starting. I thought the government would have stopped all non league for a couple of weeks. 

Starts this weekend and they appear to have used a degree of common sense which is rare for them and not included areas where the case numbers are still relatively low 

2 hours ago, AML67 said:

Starts this weekend and they appear to have used a degree of common sense which is rare for them and not included areas where the case numbers are still relatively low 

Heard there a few teams in the south that have players signed from the 5 restricted area’s like Saints and uppers can these boys play? 

25 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think the answer is yes as they play  in one of  leagues which is exempt from restrictions.

So why are Cala brave not allowed to travel from a hot spot and play there second game in D&G?? If players are allowed to travel from said hot spot to D&G 

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I have no idea, that's why on my original posy "I think "

Caley Braves fixtures are here, has one been taken out?

http://slfl.co.uk/team/edusport-academy/

Ah you mean Caley Braves SOS team.

Yeh sorry mean Caley Brave.... good to get football back in D&G... teams maybe need to check that before we have teams losing points or worse having to self isolate players 

23 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I have no idea, that's why on my original posy "I think "

Caley Braves fixtures are here, has one been taken out?

http://slfl.co.uk/team/edusport-academy/

Ah you mean Caley Braves SOS team.

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/match-info/fixtures

Looks like their home game tomorrow is postponed v Mid Annandale but nothing against their other fixtures, could there be another reason, I can't see a Mid Annandale twitter account. 

I'd guess that postponement may have been made before the SFA made their announcement.

18 hours ago, South fan 2 said:

Good luck to all teams in South today.Hopefully fans back soon.

Absolutely no chance of fans back before a vaccine is found!!! 14 clubs have handed there notice that they won’t compete in the west... Monday night zoom meeting and there is about 5 clubs from the south all agreeing that health and well-being comes before a semi professional tear 6 league..... shut the league and let people survive this pandemic 

8 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

Absolutely no chance of fans back before a vaccine is found!!! 14 clubs have handed there notice that they won’t compete in the west... Monday night zoom meeting and there is about 5 clubs from the south all agreeing that health and well-being comes before a semi professional tear 6 league..... shut the league and let people survive this pandemic 

I don't think that anyone should be playing Amateur football while all the restrictions are in place .

Public venues especially .