Daily Record

After reading the report from the St Cuthberts manager in the Daily Record it got me thinking🤔🤔

• When the vote was carried out to start the league on the 10th were the players asked.
  • has it been ratified by the SFA when all other leagues are having there start dates pushed back.
  • are the referees happy with no changing facilities.
  • who is going to police the new legislation from the SFA on the green Zone and a max of 40 people including officials.
  • do clubs having parking capacity for over 40 cars RE- government guidance on single occupancy when driving
  • do the players accept that it will cost them a small fortune to travel to games and training 

a lot of questions I know but I would be really keen to hear what the players of Threave, Abbey Vale, Heston, lochmaben who all played in monsoon weather conditions with no shower facilities and had to endure the drive home!!! Think it will be more likely the players who will decide if the league continues.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

All other leagues? All remaining leagues in SPFL, Lowland league and EOS leagues start on Saturday. Amateur leagues seem to have started on Saturday past. Of course refs (like players) won't be happy with no changing facilities but I'll bet  most will have agreed to that decision and will just get on with it. 

Sorry my mistake, seems the west is having a zoom meeting tue to see if the end of Oct is the right time to start the league, and the highland put back till the 28th Nov at the earliest 
anyway let’s hope we can get a season this year 

Edited by oldbeforetime

28 minutes ago, gogsy said:

A lot  of zoomers involved with the WOS clubs though.

So what about the highlands league???? To allow the league to start when the R number is at 1,7 is as PearceDuff CF says irresponsible!!!! SFA have announced that no clubs will be fined if they pull out of The betfred cup.

what clubs you claiming to be zoomed mind u?

16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Highland league is going for a sixteen game season, absolutely no need for them to start now anyway.

How many teams are in the south? Wouldn’t be many more games down here. Can’t see November making any difference mind u always a wet cold month 

19 hours ago, Haws dj said:

Highland league start playing cup ties next weekend.

The ties being played are holdovers from last season. Two semi-finals and a final, and that's it for now. 

I wouldn't put money on there being a league season this year. Probably get through to January/February and play all the cups and that'll be it. 

See the NHS staff in Glasgow ( all be it Daily Record) told to expect a circuit breaker on Friday 7pm.  This Covid-19 has a lot to answer to,  next year is going to be horrendous when the furlough systems ends!! Saying that Mr Trump seems to be fine after getting it last week 🤔🤔💩💩💩

26 minutes ago, South fan 2 said:

South meeting next Monday night don't think some teams want to play without dressing rooms.

Why would the south have a meeting after the first game of the season?? Saying that listening to Ms Sturgeon just now sounds like announcement tomorrow on what the restrictions are going to be 

On 05/10/2020 at 13:36, oldbeforetime said:

How many teams are in the south? Wouldn’t be many more games down here. Can’t see November making any difference mind u always a wet cold month 

14 but the aim is for a 26 game season ! As mentioned the cases here compared to the Central belt are comparatively low and hopefully following guidelines they can get things up and running , starting Saturday. 

12 hours ago, PearceDuff CF said:

Utter shambles . 

The spread of this pandemic is obviously no concern to the South Of Scotland  Football League  .

Still a concern to everyone down here obviously however your vitally important opinion is duly noted 👍🏻