Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

18 hours ago, AJF said:

I'm not sure I see any issue with that? Nobody is saying Rangers are going to romp their way to the title, but the team have given us reason to be optimistic so I don't see why we shouldn't be.

Why do you think sevco dropped 13 points out of 27 in their last 9 games of last season?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Why do you think sevco dropped 13 points out of 27 in their last 9 games of last season?

Because we were too reliant on core squad members, namely Goldson, Davis and Morelos. They burned out after playing too many games.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

As G51 mentioned, I think we had too many key players that lost form and we never had the required depth or quality in the rest of the squad to replace them.

With additions in key positions such as Balogun, Zungu, Itten and Roofe, I believe we're better equipped this year to sustain a challenge.

Edit: I also think playing 4 European Qualifying matches as opposed to 8 will also help us in the long run.

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I mean I'm not privy to the inner workings of Ibrox, but I think it's pretty straightforward to be honest. What's your theory?

Factor in,injuries and suspensions some clubs can cope more than others and some clubs are luckier than others Plus when teams play each other 3 or 4 times they have a rough idea what not to do eg, Saturday's game.
Factor in, making the top 6, staying away from the relegation zone and trying to get out of it, the diddy games get harder.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Factor in,injuries and suspensions some clubs can cope more than others and some clubs are luckier than others Plus when teams play each other 3 or 4 times they have a rough idea what not to do eg, Saturday's game.
Factor in, making the top 6, staying away from the relegation zone and trying to get out of it, the diddy games get harder.

You make it seem as if Saturdays game Celtic weren’t prepared on how Rangers were going to play. Rangers have done, more or less, the same thing v Celtic in 4 of the last 5 meetings and in each of those 4, Rangers have been the better team.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

You make it seem as if Saturdays game Celtic weren’t prepared on how Rangers were going to play. Rangers have done, more or less, the same thing v Celtic in 4 of the last 5 meetings and in each of those 4, Rangers have been the better team.

If your focus is on just beating Celtic and taking the other games for granted while winning nothing carry on mate.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If your focus is on just beating Celtic and taking the other games for granted while winning nothing carry on mate.

It’s not, but it was YOU that used Saturdays game as an example which is why I commented on that game specifically  😂

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s not, but it was YOU that used Saturdays game as an example which is why I commented on that game specifically  😂

My first point was sevco losing 13 points out of 27 this had nothing to do with Celtic,the 13 points dropped negates the 4 glasgow derbies,

Edited by wastecoatwilly

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

My first point was sevco losing 13 points out of 27 this had nothing to do with Celtic,the 13 points dropped negates the 4 glasgow derbies,

Yes, but my response was specific to your point about teams getting used to what not to do, hence the reason I highlighted that part in bold...

I listened to that Sportsound and didn't think he said too much wrong.
Then I remembered he's a first team coach at Motherwell. Minter.
Ex cheek players and managers being unwilling to EVER put their association to either club aside, as perfectly illustrated by Ross is on of the most pathetic, small time things about Scottish Football tbh.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yes, but my response was specific to your point about teams getting used to what not to do, hence the reason I highlighted that part in bold...

It was a generalization of all games on Saturday using the Celtic v sevco game as an example keeping it within the match thread.
All clubs have strengthened in the transfer market the only true reflection of that will come near the end of the season.
Unless sevco have an invincible season the point still stands. 

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It was a generalization of all games on Saturday using the Celtic v sevco game as an example keeping it within the match thread.
All clubs have strengthened in the transfer market the only true reflection of that will come near the end of the season.

Not all clubs have strengthened in the transfer market. I'd argue the quality of the squads in the Premiership is the weakest it's been in years, mostly because teams are struggling with their budgets.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You’re getting the runaround from a Rangers fan here. A wee bit embarrassing?