Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

While undoubtedly Rangers have improved, this happens every season on here and has since the Warburton days. Early doors in the season and Rangers fans are optimistic and are going to do this and that and have got better players than Celtic etc etc. Then it goes hilariously tits up.

Hope it happens again.

Hope it happens but tbh we’ve got to try and sort our own house out and as the saying goes one game at a time starting on Sunday,Lenny might get away with getting gubbed in Europa but we’ve got to get in about teams and play better domestically or he’ll get arse and necked out the door soon,there’s no excuses .

32 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

While undoubtedly Rangers have improved, this happens every season on here and has since the Warburton days. Early doors in the season and Rangers fans are optimistic and are going to do this and that and have got better players than Celtic etc etc. Then it goes hilariously tits up.

Hope it happens again.

I'm not sure I see any issue with that? Nobody is saying Rangers are going to romp their way to the title, but the team have given us reason to be optimistic so I don't see why we shouldn't be.

Surely you remain optimistic until the team give you reason not to be haha.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not sure I see any issue with that? Nobody is saying Rangers are going to romp their way to the title, but the team have given us reason to be optimistic so I don't see why we shouldn't be.

Surely you remain optimistic until the team give you reason not to be haha.

Yeah. I was merely building up to the last line of my post :lol: 

We can all remember celtics/fans OTT celebrations when they were beating Holt, Windass, Kiernan etc. Compared to that we've been rather subdued, our green and grey friends just aren't handling losing 1 game very well. 

59 minutes ago, bennett said:

We can all remember celtics/fans OTT celebrations when they were beating Holt, Windass, Kiernan etc. Compared to that we've been rather subdued, our green and grey friends just aren't handling losing 1 game very well. 

Even if what you said was true you are comparing a 2-0 win to 5-0,5-1 drubbings. But frankly what you are saying is pish, We all saw even your managers reaction when you won at CP last year which sent a bad message to his players and ended up red faced. To be fair he has learned his lesson.

Even if what you said was true you are comparing a 2-0 win to 5-0,5-1 drubbings. But frankly what you are saying is pish, We all saw even your managers reaction when you won at CP last year which sent a bad message to his players and ended up red faced. To be fair he has learned his lesson.
Bennett hasn't stopped talking about Celtic fans since the game finished.

Saw Jackie McNamara’s comments on YouTube about how Rangers are not a good team. (He was nearly crying when he was saying it)

That’s a new one. 

Not sure how you can watch how well Rangers pass the ball around, how many chances they create and how free flowing they are going forward and come to the conclusion they are not a good team???

You often see individual players getting criticism but very rarely do you see anyone questioning their capabilities as a team.

Edited by thepundit

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:
4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Bennett hasn't stopped talking about Celtic fans since he was Vicky

Ftfy

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:
7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He cares more about Celtic than he does Rangers.  That’s why he doesn’t go to games.

If it wasn't for that pesky mole...

.@CelticFC boss Neil Lennon has told his players to “hold their heads high” in the wake of @RangersFC defeat. “I think the players are amazing and they have done amazing things”

2 hours ago, Romeo said:
2 hours ago, gannonball said:

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

He cares more about Celtic than he does Rangers.  That’s why he doesn’t go to games.

43 minutes ago, bennett said:

.@CelticFC boss Neil Lennon has told his players to “hold their heads high” in the wake of @RangersFC defeat. “I think the players are amazing and they have done amazing things”

Yep.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

They put in a gutless performance in the CL Qualifier : "Pathetic. There are players here who don't want to be here, they should leave!"

Nobody leaves. 

Put in a gutless performance in the first Old Firm Derby of the season : "The players are amazing, they do amazing things." 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

To be fair he has learned his lesson.

In terms of his reaction yes but not taking Celtic all the way.
I hope we see the season get to the end this time not just 30 games.
Sevco fans have short memories getting beat with Hearts,Killie and Hamilton drawing with Aberdeen and St johnstone.
Ending the title before the split, yes give them credit for the start they have made this season.
Slippy G was half way out the door last season now it's a 2 year plan all coming together.
Plus Celtic haven't lost any game between the two Glasgow derbies domestically.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Neil LENNON has branded Maurice Ross an 'embarrassment' — and told him to say sorry to Celtic’s players.

The former Rangers defender, now first-team coach at Motherwell, slammed Celts in a radio interview after Saturday’s Old Firm defeat.

Ross claimed it was the weakest Celtic line-up in 20 years and insisted Lennon’s side only had a basic understanding of how to play their 3-5-2 formation.

The ex-Scotland full-back also questioned why Leigh Griffiths and Albian Ajeti still weren’t fit enough to start the derby clash

But seething Lennon — whose side face AC Milan — has revealed he has already received an apology from Fir Park boss Steve Robinson for Ross’s remarks

Lennon rapped: “I was surprised and very disappointed. Stephen contacted me to apologise profusely. He found it embarrassing.

“I think Motherwell, as a club, have really good people there and they found it embarrassing as well.

“And to be honest with you, I found the comments embarrassing for Maurice rather than anyone else.

“He’s an employee of another Premiership team and I don’t think he should be making any comment at all on any other team or any other players.”

Lennon now insists Ross owes the Celtic players an apology.

lennon.jpg

He added: “The comments, in particular on Ajeti, on Griffiths, on the money that Shane Duffy may or may not be on, I think were abysmal.

“There is a professional standard, a professional etiquette, a professional respect and I think Maurice was lacking in all three of those.

“I don’t think he owes me an apology, I think he owes my players an apology, I think he owes my coaching staff an apology and I think he owes my club an apology.

“I think he owes his own club an apology too and we'd better get it"

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Ross Seems to have touched a nerve and just said what most Celtic fans have been saying the last few weeks.  Although I dont think this will help Motherwells cause next time the two meet ha..

I listened to that Sportsound and didn't think he said too much wrong.

Then I remembered he's a first team coach at Motherwell. Minter.

Edited by Dons_1988