Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Genuinely interesting chat between G51, AJF and a couple of Sellik boys, and along comes the drunk, tripping over the coffee table and dropping his cigarette down the sofa.

I genuinely don't know why blinkered bigots like him post on these types of forums. It cant be for trolling really if you are constantly posting rambling word salads and generally making a rip roaring c**t of yourself. 
I like talking about not just Celtic but also Scottish football in general so cant be arsed with the biased paranoia pish I get on Celtic forums so feel more at home here. To be fair the likes of AJF, they seem to just want to do the same from that side.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Like I said it's a dogs dinner mate,I'm in denial about what?

Lennon is a shite manager and most Celtic fans want him gone... f**k me 🤣 what have we been discussing all day? Are you a bit slow?

Edited by Bohemian

21 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Lennon is a shite manager and most Celtic fans want him gone... f**k me 🤣 what have we been discussing all day? Are you a bit slow?

Why are you giving credence to social media and Celtic forums?
The diversity of the Celtic fan base is vast, your claim about most Celtic fans is mince.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why are you giving credence to social media and Celtic forums?
The diversity of the Celtic fan base is vast, your claim about most Celtic fans is mince.

Christ...  yes the diversity is huge.. Irish and Scottish.. not sure what that has to do with anything anyway...

So Celtic forums are not a good place to look for people that support Celtic. got ya..

14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Christ...  yes the diversity is huge.. Irish and Scottish.. not sure what that has to do with anything anyway...

So Celtic forums are not a good place to look for people that support Celtic. got ya..

What i'm saying is you get the full bhoona, I don't take it too seriously mate.

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What i'm saying is you get the full bhoona, I don't take it too seriously mate.

Ok far enough mate you don't take it seriously but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. From what I have read and from the handful of Celtic fans I know the feeling is Lennon is done or should be done. 

Even on here, right from the start, Celtic supporters were worried Rangers could stop them at some point as soon as Lennon took the job permanently. 

The only thing I could see getting him sacked soon is not winning the Scottish Cup. Even then I'm not sure it'd happen.

It'll be Desmond, not Lawwell, that makes the call to sack Lennon. So what does Desmond think of Lennon and this current team?

Fortunately, we know because he gave an interview to the Athletic only a month ago. What does he say in it?

Spoiler

“What we had to look at was why we underperformed and it was the same when they (Ferencvaros) beat us at Celtic Park. How did that happen and what can we learn from it at all levels: the players, management, the board? That’s what’s so good at Celtic, we’re unified, we don’t have recriminations, we’re not here to fire somebody or blame someone, we take collective responsibility.”

“I know when we appointed Lenny there were Rangers fans who thought we were handing them the league, but we felt that he had done an extremely good job at Hibs and he was a Celtic man true and true. I have quite a few Rangers friends in business, all very nice people who subscribed to the former viewpoint. However, I did have a wager with a few of them, so I owe Lenny a night out.

“You underestimate Lenny at your peril. He’s a very intelligent individual, he’s got great awareness and integrity. As far as analysis is concerned, he doesn’t shy away from performances. I’d a discussion yesterday with him about winning 5-0 at Ross County. As a headline, 5-0 looks great, but it was terrible, it flattered us completely. Ross County hit the post twice, they held the ball for long periods and had many shots. We should have won but 2-1, not 5-0.

“Lenny is up for that, he’d give you that same analysis. That’s what I like about him, he’s not camouflaging underperformance. When we’re succeeding, he’s looking where it came from and it’s the same with poor performances. He wants to play entertaining, attacking football, and, like Brendan, it’s possession football. It’s about being able to consistently deliver that Celtic brand of football.

“Lenny was always on our radar. Lenny has been a work in progress for us. He’s been that person we have kind-of tutored and he’s learned along the way. The advice we gave him he’s now realised was good advice, and he’s matured and everybody’s allowed to make mistakes. None of them were fatal.

“So we took him back in even though some of the fans thought it was a retrograde step. But you learn more from mistakes, it can change your personality, your modus operandi. We saw that with Lenny and he has repaid our belief in him.”

Doesn't sound like a guy ready to patch him at the first opportunity.