Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'd appreciate that more if this was a one-off, but Frimpong has been ineffectual in all 3 matches I've seen him play against us.

Fecking hell the bhoy is only 19 years old, I'm pretty sure he has better games in front of him. 

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

duff tailing

Tuff crowd.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fecking hell the bhoy is only 19 years old, I'm pretty sure he has better games in front of him. 

Tuff crowd.

He definitely will have better games in front of him and I'm sure he will develop, but I was simply countering your comment that he has the beating of Barisic which I believe is the opposite of the truth.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He also has clear and obvious deficiencies in his game.

He's a good player with the potential to be a great one, but he's not there yet. Has an awful lot of growing and filling out to do.

The respective right backs are a good place to shine a light on the respective team set ups tbh. Frimpong is miles better than Tavernier as a player, but this season one has been highly effective going forward and as part of a solid back line, and one has looked way off what we have seen him to be capable of.

That's on Lennon. Hes so far beyond a busted flush it's not even funny*

*aye it is.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

ok wastecoatwilly

I'm glad we agree.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

He definitely will have better games in front of him and I'm sure he will develop, but I was simply countering your comment that he has the beating of Barisic which I believe is the opposite of the truth.

You said Frimpong is better in a foot race, all he needs is a better delivery and a better team mate to keep Kamara busy.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm glad we agree.

You said Frimpong is better in a foot race, all he needs is a better delivery and a better team mate to keep Kamara busy.

You're clutching at straws here mate. I don't think there are many people out there at all that believe Frimpong has got the beating of Barisic.

It's all well and good saying all he needs is a better delivery etc. but how many times did he get in a position where he could comfortably attempt a delivery from a dangerous position? Not many at all. Barisic managed him perfectly and negated his biggest asset (his pace).

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think you're all forgetting that Frimpong said something funny after one of the previous OF games.  You need to take all these things into account.

Indeed, a game in which he gave away a penalty and was sent off.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The respective right backs are a good place to shine a light on the respective team set ups tbh. Frimpong is miles better than Tavernier as a player, but this season one has been highly effective going forward and as part of a solid back line, and one has looked way off what we have seen him to be capable of.

That's on Lennon. Hes so far beyond a busted flush it's not even funny*

*aye it is.

lol what

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed, a game in which he gave away a penalty and was sent off.

He cant be blamed for that really, Forrest moronically tried to play a one touch pass just outside his box and Frimpong was forced to make a last ditch tackle. Im glad he did now as we all know what happened after 8)

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

He cant be blamed for that really, Forrest moronically tried to play a one touch pass just outside his box and Frimpong was forced to make a last ditch tackle. Im glad he did now as we all know what happened after 8)

Correct, it worked out well for Celtic in that case - but it's another factor as to why I find the claim that Frimpong has the beating of Barisic a strange one when he has contributed to absolutely nothing positive in games against us.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Frimpong is 19 and is winning trebles and playing in Europe. Tav when he was 19  *checks wiki*..... on loan at Gateshead.

Judging the individual qualities of a player based on team success is really daft. Kirk Broadfoot also won a lot of trophies.

Player statistics and the eye test are much better ways of evaluating a player. And Tavernier has better statistics than Frimpong in almost every category. Not to mention he's never physically dominated like Frimpong is. 

Frimpong might go on to be a better player than Tavernier, he certainly has the potential to. But right now it isn't really close.