Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

What kind of flawed logic is it that means if players stay at a club for a while means they can’t be good 😂

By that token, anyone that stays at a club for a considerable period of time means they must be rotten *cough* Scott Brown *cough*

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

What kind of flawed logic is it that means if players stay at a club for a while means they can’t be good 😂

By that token, anyone that stays at a club for a considerable period of time means they must be rotten *cough* Scott Brown *cough*

That’s Gannonballs point. He’s trying to point out that top players don’t stay in Scotland for long.

He never once said Scott Brown was a top player. If he was, he’d have moved to a better league.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s Gannonballs point. He’s trying to point out that top players don’t stay in Scotland for long.

He never once said Scott Brown was a top player. If he was, he’d have moved to a better league.

But I think it’s flawed logic. He tried to make the point that because none of our defenders have left us yet then they can’t be considered that good. It’s relative to the league you’re playing in right now that determines how good the defence is.

My point about Scott Brown was facetious in the sense that Celtic fans claim Scott Brown is a top player but using Gannons logic, he can’t be.

If Henrik Larsson never left Celtic for Barcelona, there wouldn’t be anyone claiming he wasn’t a top player just because he hadn’t got a big move.

Please note, I am using Larsson as an extreme example to highlight my point, in no way am I drawing comparisons between his standard and the Rangers defence 😂

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

But I think it’s flawed logic. He tried to make the point that because none of our defenders have left us yet then they can’t be considered that good. It’s relative to the league you’re playing in right now that determines how good the defence is.

My point about Scott Brown was facetious in the sense that Celtic fans claim Scott Brown is a top player but using Gannons logic, he can’t be.

If Henrik Larsson never left Celtic for Barcelona, there wouldn’t be anyone claiming he wasn’t a top player just because he hadn’t got a big move.

Please note, I am using Larsson as an extreme example to highlight my point, in no way am I drawing comparisons between his standard and the Rangers defence 😂

There are not many Celtic fans on here who claim Brown is a top player tbh.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

24 hours later and the celtic fans haven't thought of anything to be offended by yet, amazing. 

To be fair, the blue side of Glasgow seems to play the victim card as much as the green side these days. I had begun to think it was a weegie thing, but then... Hearts. 

On the question of who has the better team my opinion is that I would only swap Morelos and Barker for Eduard and Forrest (and even Forrest sketchy over the last 12 months performance). Maybe Ajer instead of Goldson but that would be more to do with overall future potential and Goldsons age.

Celtic will get decent money for Frimpong at some stage but currently Tavernier provides far more to his team.

However you only need to think back to the social media reaction to the draws Sevco had a few weeks ago from their own fans. At that stage the majority of their own first 11 were getting hounded. If Celtic win the next derby game and end up ahead at that stage you’ll find the negativity swinging the other way.

Thats football, the Kilmarnock support were turning towards sacking Alex Dyer just 6 weeks ago.

Offft.. that has to be the easiest derby victory for either side in a long time. Celtic are absolutely shite. 

Sevcos best asset at the moment is Neill Lennon. Absolutely clueless. 

Changing my league prediction table.. sevco to win at a canter if Celtic persist with Lennon... Cheerio 10 in a row.

24 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Offft.. that has to be the easiest derby victory for either side in a long time. Celtic are absolutely shite. 

Sevcos best asset at the moment is Neill Lennon. Absolutely clueless. 

Changing my league prediction table.. sevco to win at a canter if Celtic persist with Lennon... Cheerio 10 in a row.

You’ve sat on the fence there mate 😉 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You’ve sat on the fence there mate 😉 

You know me, I say it how I see it😉 Gerrard has Lennon in his pocket.. Celtic wont win a derby game this season with Lennon in charge

Edited by Bohemian

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Celtic having better players than Rangers is debatable. Rangers have the better manager by far, hence why they're the better team. 

They don’t. Even last season I’d say Rangers had the better team but their mentality in other games inadvertently  handed Celtic the title.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

24 hours later and the celtic fans haven't thought of anything to be offended by yet, amazing. 

They have. They are very offended by their incompetent manager and doubly furious about some mole, which I find strange as their pitch looked in great condtion to be fair.

1 hour ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Probably because for the first ever there wasn’t thousands of bigots in the stands. 

Why can’t you just post stuff like this with your Marshmallo account?

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Scott Brown technically is/was nowhere near a ‘top‘ player. He is a top professional though and drives others on to do so. He has said he has never known an EPL club to be officially interested in him, but probably a lot of that will be down to not really putting the feelers out. He was never that good could that top clubs would be hammering down our door regardless.

You then cited Larsson, who Alex Ferguson has admitted he tried to sign Larsson before but was refused.  Larsson also turned up in World cup/euros and the champions league so would be stretched to say that regardless. I must admit we seem to have gone off on a tangent here :lol:.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

You win a derby and your sifting through social media looking for people to be offended? What a strange individual you are.

It’s pretty obvious that Neil Lennon is only Celtic manager (and is being defended by Celtic fans) because of the hero status he was afforded as a player. 

It’s for the same reason I fully expect Kieran Tierney to be Celtic manager in 20 years.