2020-2021 PPV Summary/Links

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Reports that Arbroath has binned the whole Pixellot crap and gone with DLR. Last stream reportedly excellent, but I’d appreciate some first hand reviews.

If only you hadn’t liked a post on this page about Arbroath’s stream after ditching pixellot...

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If only you hadn’t liked a post on this page about Arbroath’s stream after ditching pixellot...

I didn’t know if that was with the new DLR equipment...so I’d love another couple of reports for the latest stream, call me cynical.

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Seems we are binning Pixellot shortly as well.

Looked in on the ICT v Dundee match thread and quickly found out why...Jesus, what a mess Pixellot is making of this.

@LeodhasXD, does Alloa have a secret weapon (besides your twitter hogdogging self) to keeps its stream useable?

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Looked in on the ICT v Dundee match thread and quickly found out why...Jesus, what a mess Pixellot is making of this.

@LeodhasXD, does Alloa have a secret weapon (besides your twitter hogdogging self) to keeps its stream useable?

I've not looked at the footage you're talking about but the operator at Inverness the other week was useless. Edit: I've now looked at it. That commentator is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard.

Ours is better than theirs because it's outside of the sun and closer to the pitch.

I always have a secret weapon. (I have no idea what hogdogging is)

Edited by LeodhasXD

Last Saturday was the poorest the camera has been in a while.  When the camera became manually operated it initially was a lot better but on Saturday he seemed to be struggling to keep up with the play and would have to make a big long movement when the ball was going out of shot - kind of like you'd get from a CCTV camera.

Pixellot on the whole have been nothing but trouble - why we've continued with them when we have a better option is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having issues with the streaming service provided by clubs.

So far the Inverness stream was poor and they refunded cost which was good of them, Alloa last week was shocking and got no match at all.

I e mailed them twice, so far  no response, is this how the streaming service is to be all season.

On 29/12/2020 at 15:15, DaveT said:

Anyone having issues with the streaming service provided by clubs.

So far the Inverness stream was poor and they refunded cost which was good of them, Alloa last week was shocking and got no match at all.

I e mailed them twice, so far  no response, is this how the streaming service is to be all season.

I've also had no response from Alloa to my request for a refund after the poor service during our recent game with them.

• 5 months later...