2020-2021 PPV Summary/Links

QoSTV was excellent today, and the commentary very good. Only hiccup was a 30 second blackout due to a technical error and then a pitch mic being on for 10 minutes or so, that rendered the commentary inaudible for that time. Well worth the £10 when your side visits Palmerston, well played, Queens!

Edit: @Mr X has confessed...awaiting word on his punishment. I’d like to suggest having him watch the ICT v Ayr game footage as a punishment.

Edited by TxRover

Updates from Alloa and ICT. Both use Pixellot to provide the camera feed and both had issues today. Alloa’s previous streams had been better, and their team should have manual control over the Pixellot feed tracking soon, so should hopefully improve. ICT looks to be a mess. the Pixellot head was apparently placed looking West, something that most rational people would realize is less than ideal. It also apparently spent half the match tracking a bald linesman’s head. Unless the SPFL will commit to only assigning folically gifted officials, the ICT stream may be less than ideal for now.

Ours is a bit pixelated and nowhere near being HD. Other than that, it's fine. Decent, inoffensive commentary, manages to stay up with play, shows replays and zooms in when possible. Clearly not a professional set-up, but definitely passable.

I'd happily recommend QoS's coverage after today. Definitely worth a tenner. Probably about as good a technical quality as you're going to get from a single-camera set-up, and the commentary was fairly enjoyable. The two boys had clearly done their homework, and were happy to play second-fiddle to the match, which doesn't appear to be something every team shares. 

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ours is a bit pixelated and nowhere near being HD. Other than that, it's fine. Decent, inoffensive commentary, manages to stay up with play, shows replays and zooms in when possible. Clearly not a professional set-up, but definitely passable.

¿Cuánto es

On 26/10/2020 at 02:13, TheHonestMan85 said:

So really then,  every team other than ICT and sometimes Alloa, have a manned camera for games? If so that’s good news.

Pretty much it, although Alloa’s joystick (for manual control) is stuck in Customs, at last report.

Week 3 reports:

DeeTV: High quality video, commentary quality declined from previous weeks

ICTTV: Fiasco, disaster, unwatchable, etc.

MortonTV: Much improved, good quality and no comments seem on commentary (but it’s been high quality before).

ParsTV: Nothing noted, so expected to have been fine based upon previous experience. Commentary not mentioned.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Week 3 reports:

ParsTV: Nothing noted, so expected to have been fine based upon previous experience. Commentary not mentioned.

Watched it at work with a much faster broadband connection and cabled onto a smart tv. The stream was absolutely faultless. No issues at all. 

Commentary was fine. They made a minor arse of themselves by spending a couple of mins, despite a few replays, discussing why Joe McKee didnt get a 2nd yellow for giving away their penalty and failed to notice the main reason was he was nowhere near it and the offender was Dan Pybus. Although it probably wasnt a bookable foul anyway. Still, thats an error of recognition and failing to check numbers. The commentary was a decent standard, partisan without being unreasonable. No complaints. In fact all the commentaries so far were fine I believe. Ayr and Morton were fine too. I am told ours are very good too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Week 3 reports:

DeeTV: High quality video, commentary quality declined from previous weeks

ICTTV: Fiasco, disaster, unwatchable, etc.

MortonTV: Much improved, good quality and no comments seem on commentary (but it’s been high quality before).

What's the verdict on this manual test? I assume better than Inverness'

16 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

What's the verdict on this manual test? I assume better than Inverness'

It tracks the ball, which is a hell of a lot more than was said the last game. I assume that’s your maximum elevation point for that camera head, because that would seem the remaining issue. It’s not terrible, but the shallow angle makes viewing toward the middle of the pitch a bit...er, wonky? With a little practice, I suspect that’ll be fine...whereas ICT’s camera location is inherently shite, and is really doing a number on the tracking.