2020-2021 PPV Summary/Links

To be fair, we've not done a PPV match as of yet. We've regularly put them on in the past for international viewers but our first game was supposed to be Forfar which was obviously cancelled.

ETA: Brora's was superb bar a mic problem for their commentator (Who was excellent tbf to him)

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Such as? There was a temporary first half issue whereby some fans were able to access the stream directly without going through a payment process. It was quickly sorted. Anything else that went wrong was relating to user hardware I suspect.  The stream was solid and worked throughout with commentary and replays included.

It's literally exactly the same system as Dunfermline are using so we should be in the same category as them. I'm not sure why they are listed as "successful" anyway given they haven't streamed a game yet?

Perusing the QoS thread there was discussion of some issues with access, if it’s good, it’s good. I was under the impression had tested, will move them to untested and move you there successful.

Edited by TxRover

So far in the Championship PPV trials and tribulations, through 10/10/2020:

Successful PPV: Dundee, Hearts, QoS and Raith

Problematical PPV: Arbroath (bugged to hell, but Pixellot backup promised to be online by 17/10/2020)

Clusterf**k PPV: Morton

Untested: Alloa, Ayr, Dunfermline, ICT (all but Pars up on Tuesday....good luck!)

Edited by TxRover

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Perusing the QoS thread there was discussion of some issues with access, if it’s good, it’s good. I was under the impression had tested, will move them to untested and move you there successful.

As I said, it is literally the same system and the same servers. They 'tested' by running our game today. We should pretty much be treated as one. 

Some people early on had access issues. Mostly solved before half time. Thats likely to be either user error or hardware / software incompatibility. The actual system worked fine as far as I know. It sold several hundred streams in the immediate hour before the game and stood up to it fine without tipping over like Morton's did.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As I said, it is literally the same system and the same servers. They 'tested' by running our game today. We should pretty much be treated as one. 

Some people early on had access issues. Mostly solved before half time. Thats likely to be either user error or hardware / software incompatibility. The actual system worked fine as far as I know. It sold several hundred streams in the immediate hour before the game and stood up to it fine without tipping over like Morton's did.

Any idea of how many streams were sold in total for the match? Fore it was a great service and everybody involved with getting this up and running deserves great credit. 

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair, hes probably talking about the login issues with people using multiple emails. That will 99% likely be fixed in time to sell for Tuesdays game 

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I understand, but as you pointed out, they haven’t tested, so it isn’t right to put them there...just trying to keep it honest data is all.

On 10/10/2020 at 23:24, TxRover said:

So far in the Championship PPV trials and tribulations, through 10/10/2020:

Successful PPV: Dundee, Hearts, QoS and Raith

Problematical PPV: Arbroath (bugged to hell, but Pixellot backup promised to be online by 17/10/2020)

Clusterf**k PPV: Morton

Untested: Alloa, Ayr, Dunfermline, ICT (all but Pars up on Tuesday....good luck!)

I'd also point out that our system (pixellot) has received the most testing. Dumbarton, Brechin, Montrose, Clyde, Airdrieonians, Elgin, Annan, Peterhead.

They've ranged from clusterf**k (Elgin, Annan, Brechin) to successful (Airdrieonians, Montrose) and we're hopeful Pixellot have worked through the teething problems.

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd also point out that our system (pixellot) has received the most testing. Dumbarton, Brechin, Montrose, Clyde, Airdrieonians, Elgin, Annan, Peterhead.

They've ranged from clusterf**k (Elgin, Annan, Brechin) to successful (Airdrieonians, Montrose) and we're hopeful Pixellot have worked through the teething problems.

Was Airdries successful? I watched the friendly against Queens and it was awful.

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Was Airdries successful? I watched the friendly against Queens and it was awful.

Yeah they had a set to with Pixellot after it and the subsequent friendly with Albion Rovers and the game against us went very well by all accounts

On 12/10/2020 at 11:12, LeodhasXD said:

https://alloafac.univtec.com/home

that might change to 

live.alloaathletic.co.uk once Pixellot does their naming magic

Posted as that...now all the links work, although the ICT one doesn’t yet provide any PPV purchase options. Released pricing so far is pretty consistent at about £10 for all but Dundee so far.

Edit: Also added QoSTV’s Live Help page link..a really smart idea!

Edit: More prices in, coming in at £12-14...I think they’re pricing too high.

Edited by TxRover

We've been eerily silent on our PPV offering. Tonight against Cowdenbeath was a potential test run for the system but given there's been no word I guess that's out the window. Thankfully our first league game is away so we'll surely have it in place for the first home fixture...

On 13/10/2020 at 02:02, RiG said:

We've been eerily silent on our PPV offering. Tonight against Cowdenbeath was a potential test run for the system but given there's been no word I guess that's out the window. Thankfully our first league game is away so we'll surely have it in place for the first home fixture...

Thought I saw a mention from ICT that it wasn’t going to be ready for Cowdenbeath, but figures they’ll be ready in  couple of weeks. They (and Hearts?) are the only Championship club that hasn’t streamed a PPV game to all wishing to watch yet. Hearts has apparently been streaming to their subscribers.

Ayr apparently went as well as can be expected, some issues, but decent and the issues seemed skewed heavily toward Android viewers.

Alloa’s seems to have run relatively smoothly, although commentary wasn’t ready to go...much to @LeodhasXD ‘s disappointment/relief.

The Morton stream v QP seems to have gone relatively smoothly, with no mention at all on the Morton thread and a couple of compliments on the QP thread about the commentary. That is a hopeful indication, although it might have been partially down to lower number...we’ll see soon.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thought I saw a mention from ICT that it wasn’t going to be ready for Cowdenbeath, but figures they’ll be ready in  couple of weeks. They (and Hearts?) are the only Championship club that hasn’t streamed a PPV game to all wishing to watch yet. Hearts has apparently been streaming to their subscribers.

Ayr apparently went as well as can be expected, some issues, but decent and the issues seemed skewed heavily toward Android viewers.

Alloa’s seems to have run relatively smoothly, although commentary wasn’t ready to go...much to @LeodhasXD ‘s disappointment/relief.

The Morton stream v QP seems to have gone relatively smoothly, with no mention at all on the Morton thread and a couple of compliments on the QP thread about the commentary. That is a hopeful indication, although it might have been partially down to lower number...we’ll see soon.

Relief. Everyone else got the pixellot horror show and we roll in on gameday 3 with them having ironed out the zero day issues.😎

I keep saying this but with the commentary being  anywhere remotely....I'm going to a sunny beach in Barbados to watch the Wasps. 

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yeah I had mentioned that they had hoped they would have a test event set up for the game last night. The club released a statement, somewhat belatedly after being panned on social media for not providing any information about it and blanking fans who had asked about it, to say that they wanted to offer it to fans for a test for free however the rules of the League Cup forbid such a thing (and they do). However they could have offered it for free or a fee that is less than the minimum required for these games (had Cowdenbeath agreed to it). In the end the test feed was picked up by streaming sites so some folk were able to watch the test stream.

All being well it will be ready for the home game against Ayr in 10 days or so.

Ours is £12 a game which I think is a tad expensive but any less and you make the season ticket value a total farce although 90% of folk buying it I guess like myself see it as more of a donation than a promise to see live football at East End

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Ours is £12 a game which I think is a tad expensive but any less and you make the season ticket value a total farce although 90% of folk buying it I guess like myself see it as more of a donation than a promise to see live football at East End

Morton just rolled out the PPV option for the opening match with Alloa, £14. Seems a bit cheeky, but their commentary is pretty good and they supposedly fixed the video issue...time will tell.

The SPFL have set up a one stop shop for  Championship streaming but I am very confused after reading about it. 

https://matchcentre.spfl.co.uk/home

On the face of it this seems great just going to one site to buy your PPV but on the other hand there are definitely questions with it. 

IMG_-26cyel.thumb.jpg.911b33097bcd31c7058e0c2b2a19ef62.jpg

My understanding from reading on here is that most clubs are providing a non-pixellot service for PPV & Season Ticket Holders, given that this is different, why, and also if it is different and going through the SPFL where is the money going.  

Anyone know anything about this? @Skyline Drifter