2020-2021 PPV Summary/Links

Form update after Bedfred Cup ties...opinions culled from game threads, first hand reports appreciated.

Pars TV had it's first real wobble, but the others are running OK with the following notes:

Ayr TV was again marginal...overall view was not positive, but it did convay some of the action.

Arbroath was almost met low expectations, but was much like Ayr

ICT has improved massively with manual control of the picture on exhibit today..

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Form update after Bedfred Cup ties...opinions culled from game threads, first hand reports appreciated.

Pars TV had it's first real wobble, but the others are running OK with the following notes:

Ayr TV was again marginal...overall view was not positive, but it did convay some of the action.

Arbroath was almost met low expectations, but was much like Ayr

ICT has improved massively with manual control of the picture on exhibit today..

The ParsTV wobble was caused by a change to the code, which Im pretty certain is getting taken out! The change was never made to the QOSTV part of the site so wont have any affect on our streams.

As far as I know, the vast majority on PARSTV, who had logged in before the game started, didnt have any issues

The ParsTV wobble was caused by a change to the code, which Im pretty certain is getting taken out! The change was never made to the QOSTV part of the site so wont have any affect on our streams.
As far as I know, the vast majority on PARSTV, who had logged in before the game started, didnt have any issues
Thats good to know, its been flawless so far.

On 15/11/2020 at 10:36, Mr X said:

Yeh I logged in 2 mins before kick off and got an uninterrupted stream

For those trying to use the SPFL MatchCenter, good luck. It’s a freaking nightmare to navigate, and it appears that you have to register on the site before you can select any individual game to purchase...but aim not sure as I gave up in frustration.

I would implore everyone not to spend £10 on ICT's coverage. The club don't deserve your money. They've taken the cheap option at every turn and ended up with a horrible product from start to finish. 

Also, that commentator on anyone else's service would be the worst thing about it by some margin. That he isn't even close for Caley Thistle is a damning indictment on Scot Gardiner and anyone else involved in that decision making.

29 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I would implore everyone not to spend £10 on ICT's coverage. The club don't deserve your money. They've taken the cheap option at every turn and ended up with a horrible product from start to finish. 

Also, that commentator on anyone else's service would be the worst thing about it by some margin. That he isn't even close for Caley Thistle is a damning indictment on Scot Gardiner and anyone else involved in that decision making.

I hate reading negative stuff about ICT but it's really, really difficult argue with this especially when you see what other clubs are producing for similar fees. The criticism that we are getting is wholly justified.

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I hate reading negative stuff about ICT but it's really, really difficult argue with this especially when you see what other clubs are producing for similar fees. The criticism that we are getting is wholly justified.

I got an email at 14:16 offering a tame apology and a link to another stream, aye less than a third of the game to go before they realised it was a f**k up. 

I want to make a frightening statement.

Pixellot is learning. I've fired on the AI production to spy on BSC Glasgow's game tonight and it's really really good.

It still can't zoom in but give this 12k or 16k resolution (god save the VPU hardware that has to process that) and I really can retire. 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I want to make a frightening statement.

Pixellot is learning. I've fired on the AI production to spy on BSC Glasgow's game tonight and it's really really good.

It still can't zoom in but give this 12k or 16k resolution (god save the VPU hardware that has to process that) and I really can retire. 

Is that an augmented product or pure AI control? The ugly reality is this botched rollout of a beta product without someone helping the AI has set Pixellot back in the eyes of the fans, the very people Pixellot is supposed to be helping the teams connect with. As for why ICT would bin a perfectly acceptable little broadcast operation and jump in bed with (an unproven) Pixellot, it’s beyond comprehension. Alloa had little choice, but immediately recognized the problems and moved quickly to fix them...unlike ICT.

Just now, TxRover said:

Is that an augmented product or pure AI control? The ugly reality is this botched rollout of a beta product without someone helping the AI has set Pixellot back in the eyes of the fans, the very people Pixellot is supposed to be helping the teams connect with. As for why ICT would bin a perfectly acceptable little broadcast operation and jump in bed with (an unproven) Pixellot, it’s beyond comprehension. Alloa had little choice, but immediately recognized the problems and moved quickly to fix them...unlike ICT.

I set it up ten minutes before kickoff and it was infinitely smoother than it has been, even then I had to question myself there wasn't someone at the ground behind the joystick. The algorithm was tracking really well all by itself. Still doesn't like the corners but the judderiness that has plagued the streams were pretty non existent. 

I'll be honest we had a lucky break. We had a good fixture list to dodge the real mess ( that said the Dunfermline game was awful mainly because of the blazing sunshine) and then we got the laptop and joystick the quickest out of any other club as far as I am aware. They must like us. 

We did have a choice. But the choice was I do it myself and throw myself into hosting capacity problems - or use pixellot's streaming expertise.

About two weeks into the season I seriously considered jumping ship to Dunfermline and QOS's system but then I got the joystick and I can put up with it. If I can mix extra feeds (that'll include replays) - it's pretty ideal for me. But that's a 2021 problem.

Arbroath have got pixellot to f**k and gone to manual filming.

A bit of buffering but probably at my end.   Camera work was fairly decent for a first attempt,  some moments a little slow and the low gantry isn’t ideal but that’s me being petty I’m sure they will get even better as they get used to doing it themselves.  By far an improvement on AI.   

Commentary was biased as f**k but not in a Rangers/falkirk way.   Just a couple of fans watching their team, but able to credit good performances on our side. Happy enough with that.

Some hilarious comments from co-commentary.  

post-match interviews with both managers a nice touch.

Overall a good product.

It would be helpful if the list could be updated to state whether there are pricing caveats for certain teams visiting. Raith Rovers have confirmed pricing for visits of Dundee and Hearts will also be inflated to £14. Dunfermline SLO has stated £12 is fixed for all home games in Championship.

Reports that Raith will charge £14 for the Pars match. I haven't yet seen that officially.

3 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

It would be helpful if the list could be updated to state whether there are pricing caveats for certain teams visiting. Raith Rovers have confirmed pricing for visits of Dundee and Hearts will also be inflated to £14. Dunfermline SLO has stated £12 is fixed for all home games in Championship.

Sadly, done.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunfermline wobbles continue.

At 86 mins in the game v Morton the video stopped, but clock and audio continued for about 2 mins .

If it had happened earlier on it would not have been a big issue but no at the death.

also no decent replays of the no goal.

Picture and camera work where generally a very good standard, so when from a 9 to a 8.