2020-2021 PPV Summary/Links

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

How did other streams go today? Thought ours was pretty decent. Would happily pay for our away games if similar quality of streams are on offer.

Dunfermline was decent. Quality wasn't amazingly sharp but it flowed well and whilst I lost connection about 5 or 6 times in each half it was literally for a few seconds and a quick refresh had me back almost immediately. Little frustrating but I had been expecting a few issues so I wasn't too fussed. I have read some others did have a few problems however.

The commentary was decent enough. Obviously more focused on Dunfermline but it was nowhere near Rangers or Falkirk TV levels of cringe and the guy said what he needed to without feeling the need to fill in any gaps in sound. Solid start and hopefully the others are as good as this was without the Brad Mckay shit show thrown in.

The way the commentator was on Pars TV was how commentary on these things should be done - it was from a Dunfermline perspective but it was at least done professionally.  I might be in the minority but even if it was my own team, I want to hear proper commentary - not a loudmouth ned with a microphone.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

The way the commentator was on Pars TV was how commentary on these things should be done - it was from a Dunfermline perspective but it was at least done professionally.  I might be in the minority but even if it was my own team, I want to hear proper commentary - not a loudmouth ned with a microphone.

Sounds like Raith, Morton and Pars PPV are maintaining a moderately unbiased commentary. Any others with commentary that won’t have neutrals rioting? I assume @LeodhasXD can comment on Alloa, and perhaps @Skyline Drifter can comment on QoS’s team. Now we just need input from Ayr, Arbroath and DeeTV viewers. ICT we won’t know until next weekend and Hearts, well, is Hearts.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Sounds like Raith, Morton and Pars PPV are maintaining a moderately unbiased commentary. Any others with commentary that won’t have neutrals rioting? I assume @LeodhasXD can comment on Alloa, and perhaps @Skyline Drifter can comment on QoS’s team. Now we just need input from Ayr, Arbroath and DeeTV viewers. ICT we won’t know until next weekend and Hearts, well, is Hearts.

I've not heard ours, I've been at the games, but all the comments about them are they've been excellent and whilst both are Queens fans, indeed one of them writes our match reports, they've been very reasonable. I don't think I saw any Thistle fans comment midweek but a few St Mirren fans were praising it.

The Ayr pairing today were pretty good and entirely fair. It's a male / female team. The guy is lead and maybe a wee bit excitable over not that much but he's decent and she really knew her stuff with the only slight black mark being she sounded an awful lot like Leanne Crichton!

Leo IS the Alloa commentator isn't he?

EDIT - Would also agree the Morton commentary team were unbiased though they were a little uninformed about the actual format of the Betfred Cup!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I've not heard ours, I've been at the games, but all the comments about them are they've been excellent and whilst both are Queens fans, indeed one of them writes our match reports, they've been very reasonable. I don't think I saw any Thistle fans comment midweek but a few St Mirren fans were praising it.
The Ayr pairing today were pretty good and entirely fair. It's a male / female team. The guy is lead and maybe a wee bit excitable over not that much but he's decent and she really knew her stuff with the only slight black mark being she sounded an awful lot like Leanne Crichton!
EDIT - Would also agree the Morton commentary team were unbiased though they were a little uninformed about the actual format of the Betfred Cup!
There were some comments form thistle fans midweek, all very positive. Although some got their knickers in a twist about being called "Partick" instead of "Partick Thistle" or "thistle". But that's Partick fans for you

48 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

• I might ship the commentary off. I've certainly done the youtube for the last 3 years and people have mostly said it's unbiased😂

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So Ayr’s stream was good today? If that’s true, then Arbroath’s stream is somewhat untested, and no one has given input on their commentary team. Beyond that is Alloa/Leo and DeeTV plus Hearts.

Edit: Er, plus ICT.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So Ayr’s stream was good today? If that’s true, then Arbroath’s stream is somewhat untested, and no one has given input on their commentary team. Beyond that is Alloa/Leo and DeeTV plus Hearts.

Edit: Er, plus ICT.

I never said the stream was good, I said the commentary team were. I found the stream very jumpy and borderline unwatchable at times but that was probably my equipment and broadband more than their stream. Others seemed to find it fine. 

I never said the stream was good, I said the commentary team were. I found the stream very jumpy and borderline unwatchable at times but that was probably my equipment and broadband more than their stream. Others seemed to find it fine. 

Guess you shouldn’t have burned that 5G tower, eh laddie? Seriously, thanks...sounds like, overall, the PPV is slowly working out the kinks. Do you know if RaithTV will be granted access for this weekends game to broadcast audio? I might just buy your stream, but would like to listen to Davie and Niall.

Guess you shouldn’t have burned that 5G tower, eh laddie? Seriously, thanks...sounds like, overall, the PPV is slowly working out the kinks. Do you know if RaithTV will be granted access for this weekends game to broadcast audio? I might just buy your stream, but would like to listen to Davie and Niall.
I would say there is 0 chance of them physically attending, unless they go instead of others in the Raith media team. My understanding is that they plan to do the commentary remotely when they are not allowed in grounds.

No offence to the Raith guys but not sure why you would bother if the home team already provides commentary. Our guys are really good

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

I would say there is 0 chance of them physically attending, unless they go instead of others in the Raith media team. My understanding is that they plan to do the commentary remotely when they are not allowed in grounds.

No offence to the Raith guys but not sure why you would bother if the home team already provides commentary. Our guys are really good

Thanks. I understand, and I respect the number of commentary teams that genuinely try to keep things reasonably balanced. I enjoyed listening to Morton’s team when that game was popped on YouTube, for instance, but I didn’t have a dog in the fight either. However, having become fairly accustomed to our lads I would tend to stick with them if given the chance. There’s a fair chance it’s a holdover from my American football and hockey experiences, where you can often get better commentary from the radio while watching TV with the sound off...plus my watching of highlights on Falkirk TV last year...

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Thanks. I understand, and I respect the number of commentary teams that genuinely try to keep things reasonably balanced. I enjoyed listening to Morton’s team when that game was popped on YouTube, for instance, but I didn’t have a dog in the fight either. However, having become fairly accustomed to our lads I would tend to stick with them if given the chance. There’s a fair chance it’s a holdover from my American football and hockey experiences, where you can often get better commentary from the radio while watching TV with the sound off...plus my watching of highlights on Falkirk TV last year...

I guess it may work if they are commentating on a stream they are watching at the same time as you, I've no idea about the technology. I can say however that the Ayr stream yesterday was far enough time delayed that on both their goals I had a text notification from our website that we had conceded before it happened on the streaming pictures. Which means there was time for someone to type it out and send it at least. I think watching a stream and using an independent commentary will be well nigh impossible.

I guess it may work if they are commentating on a stream they are watching at the same time as you, I've no idea about the technology. I can say however that the Ayr stream yesterday was far enough time delayed that on both their goals I had a text notification from our website that we had conceded before it happened on the streaming pictures. Which means there was time for someone to type it out and send it at least. I think watching a stream and using an independent commentary will be well nigh impossible.

There are ways to do it, easily if the video is ahead, and a bit more tricky if the audio is ahead. On that note, I did notice the last two times that RaithTV commentary is about a second or two ahead of the video...makes a surreal experience now and then. I’ll probably try out QoSTV anyway, but I was wondering.

If I can get a stream for the a Gretna LL game then I will, but I have watched a couple of betfred matches on PPV. My next choice would be to watch championship games but unfortunately as a casual supporter i reckon I value the product at £10 tops. All clubs that charge more than this will simply not attract my cash.  I can well understand that supporters of each club will feel differently but we each have a choice !!

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Alloa’s pixellot stream has been horrendous so far. No issue with picture quality/commentary at all. But the camera keeps swinging the wrong direction and doesn’t follow the game well at all.

Not sure what's wrong it hasn't been that bad on any stream I've watched up until now

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Alloa’s pixellot stream has been horrendous so far. No issue with picture quality/commentary at all. But the camera keeps swinging the wrong direction and doesn’t follow the game well at all.

Our Pixellot setup had the same issue today. Whilst the quality of the picture was pretty good it constantly swung to focus on the baldy bounce of the standside linesman. Ayr fans missed almost all of the build up to their first goal and chances for both sides were missed as well. It was pish.