Camelon juniors 2020-2021

...and a quick look at the current managers league record since he was appointed in October -

Played 12

Won 2

Drawn 2

Lost 8

For 17

Against 30

No clean sheets

Seven games left and just to get out of the relegation spots the team would have to get 9 points in those 7 games and hope Blackburn and HoB lose every game - there are certainly winnable games left aginst HoB, Nitten and Whitehill but based on performances its going to be an awful struggle to make it happen and it does look like the club are going to be relegated for the first time since 2005. Other games left - Tranent and Penicuik and then Mussey and Crossgates. 

Fingers crossed the reverse jinx will work and they'll now win all 7 games

To get back to the football for a moment. I was at the game yesterday and Camelon were absolutely appalling in every aspect of the game. Two guys in the centre of midfield who are slower than me and I'm 65. It's gone from a bad season to an incredibly bad season since the new manager came in. Totally clueless in how to set up a team. No pace, no imagination, no idea how to mark up the opposition. Certain to be relegated unless there is some sort of miracle. Most worrying is that if and when they do go down it could be for a long time as I cannot see them attracting decent players given the reputation the club has now gathered for itself. It's a shame.

13 minutes ago, mojmeister said:

To get back to the football for a moment. I was at the game yesterday and Camelon were absolutely appalling in every aspect of the game. Two guys in the centre of midfield who are slower than me and I'm 65. It's gone from a bad season to an incredibly bad season since the new manager came in. Totally clueless in how to set up a team. No pace, no imagination, no idea how to mark up the opposition. Certain to be relegated unless there is some sort of miracle. Most worrying is that if and when they do go down it could be for a long time as I cannot see them attracting decent players given the reputation the club has now gathered for itself. It's a shame.

Sad to see the demise of Camelon this season. Whilst not in top 4 or so of best teams, I always saw Camelon as a stuff/hard side to beat in seasons gone by. By all accounts yesterday’s performance sounds like a side who are going down.  Let’s not kick ourselves that they will suddenly find form and get enough points to remain in Premier league next season. 

Then, whoever is in charge of club will have two obstacles in their way. Building a side capable of promotion and to sort out a ground which seems to be crumbling before their own eyes. 

1 hour ago, _FFC1876 said:

Disillusioned with the Bairns at the moment so I’ll be heading to Carmuirs on Wednesday to take in the Syngenta game, hoping for a good one 🤞

Should be exciting, as both really must win... they know Tranent will beat Hawick on Sat to reach 10pts.

Victory puts Syngenta on 10pts too (likely enough for a runner-up slot if Tranent nick top on GD); victory followed-up at Lochore on Sat puts Camelon on 9pts (potentially enough).

9 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:

Disillusioned with the Bairns at the moment so I’ll be heading to Carmuirs on Wednesday to take in the Syngenta game, hoping for a good one 🤞

That's how I started watching Camelon 5 years ago. when the Bairns were away from home I went to the Mariners and found that I enjoyed watching the Juniors better than going down to that soul-less stadium. Hope you enjoy the game.

Wonder if Falkirk will ever get out of this dip?

14 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

Cheers. With a fourth season of League One football almost certain, the club will almost certainly become part-time in the near future, and, with an influx of strong teams rising through the pyramid (e.g. Kelty) the league will continue to get tougher. The continual recruitment of poor managers and poorer players on long-term deals means that I don’t see Falkirk going anywhere anytime soon, unfortunately.

At least every player is trying like a bear at Carmuirs

Edited by razamanaz

1 hour ago, _FFC1876 said:

I see that Camelon are struggling and Syngenta are going well, albeit there are two leagues between them. Potential for an upset tomorrow?

Bookies would say so I suspect , I’ll take Andy Rodger’s for a goal. 

• 3 weeks later...

I used to live near Camelon and would often dive to Carmuirs if I couldn't get away from work on Saturday afternoon in time to make Clyde away games. It really got to the point where I considered Camelon my second team but obviously after Herd (and the full management team and squad) left it became a pretty dire place to be. A mate told me recently that yer mad man Alan Horne has been appointed to the committee too, he was over on the Clyde P&B page voicing his unwavering and bizarrely worded support for David Goodwillie - seems like a wild move to appoint him but I'm sure he'll add... something.

Good job there's no controversial goings on at Clyde to spoil things for me eh?

Defeat tomorrow against HOB and that will be relegation officially sealed (although its been a given for months), even a draw would see the Mariners go down if Blackburn win at Broxburn. A win just delays the inevitable.

Is the great escape on? Can Camelon defy the odds and bring about the greatest comeback since Jesus?

Spoiler

NO

...and a quick updated look at the current managers league record since he was appointed in October -

Played 14

Won 2

Drawn 2

Lost 10

For 19

Against 36

No clean sheets - 

5 hours ago, drs said:

Defeat tomorrow against HOB and that will be relegation officially sealed (although its been a given for months), even a draw would see the Mariners go down if Blackburn win at Broxburn. A win just delays the inevitable.

Is the great escape on? Can Camelon defy the odds and bring about the greatest comeback since Jesus?

Reveal hidden contents

NO

...and a quick updated look at the current managers league record since he was appointed in October -

Played 14

Won 2

Drawn 2

Lost 10

For 19

Against 36

No clean sheets - 

No a bad keeper anaw. Well at least when playing the rose. But I said the whitehill keeper looked decent. He's got a worse record I think .

Bevan

Sheridan

Wilson

Gray

Anderson

Gribben

Munro (although he was a loan from Clyde for a few weeks)

McTaggart

Sharp

McIlduff

--- he's signed 10 players - this is his team.

edit - forgot Sampson, Fee and Hopkinson so make that 13 players.

Edited by drs

1 minute ago, drs said:

Bevan

Sheridan

Wilson

Gray

Anderson

Gribben

Munro (although he was a loan from Clyde for a few weeks)

McTaggart

Sharp

McIlduff

--- he's signed 10 players - this is his team.

He signed Kasa from Rose too.  Spent a fair amount of money and arguably made club worse.

Massive ego.

Arnie was signed by the previous manager a month before he was tin tacked.