Camelon juniors 2020-2021

Mighty Mariners FB page.

From the playing squad at Camelon Juniors

Following the nonsensical sacking of Gordon Herd and John Millar, followed by the resignations of Eamon Fullerton, Ali Jenkins and Emma Harper. The full 1st team squad would like to announce publicly that we have no confidence in this current Camelon committee. We are hugely concerned by the current state of the club we all love dearly...

26 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Can anyone sum up what the script is here from the beginning? What are the accusations? Have all of the above players walked as well as the management team?

It seems to circle around their "funding arrangements".

40 minutes ago, Rockall said:

It seems to circle around their "funding arrangements".

Yeah, but going back over the various statements it looks like some kind of extremely serious accusation has been levelled at a member of the board, by the management team who have been given the bullet because of their heavy handed approach in dealing with it, with everyone else walking after the fact. From what I gather the accusations seem to have quite heavy legal implications, so colour me intrigued.

16 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That list of names is the players they tagged. They havent announced they have left yet. But I'm sure they will all go

Might not be that simple if they’re under contract and/or until offers are made. 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Yeah, but going back over the various statements it looks like some kind of extremely serious accusation has been levelled at a member of the board, by the management team who have been given the bullet because of their heavy handed approach in dealing with it, with everyone else walking after the fact. From what I gather the accusations seem to have quite heavy legal implications, so colour me intrigued.

By the sounds of a few key words in the chairman’s statement you could be forgiven for thinking money has went missing and someone’s been accused of dipping the funds or it could be that the transfer budget has been squandered elsewhere when it was promised to be for squad improvement?

It’s all too easy to speculate but the mention of “lawyers”, “accountants” and “threats of violence” in the chairman’s statement make me think money has gone missing or has been spent or squandered elsewhere and in the heat of the moment someone from management has said “I’m going to burst that thieving/lying b*****d” or words to that effect before questioning how it’s been allowed to happen.

That said, I’m fully aware that I could be miles wide of the mark, but that’s just how I’m interpreting the chairman’s statement. 

Not suspending the individual while the investigation takes place is a little strange. Surely it’s usual practice for a company to suspend on full pay (if applicable) until the investigation is carried out, no matter what the accusations are

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Not suspending the individual while the investigation takes place is a little strange. Surely it’s usual practice for a company to suspend on full pay (if applicable) until the investigation is carried out, no matter what the accusations are

I did think that as well. I actually know one of the now former management team but I’d rather not ask and let things come out through the club or of the former management team’s choosing.

The Facebook page is unreal. A lot of arse-covering and smokescreens being posted by some committee member... I can smell the shite from here, and I would suggest that the new chairman’s wife needs to stay off social media for now if she can’t control her temper

Edited by Spyro

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Not always 

7 minutes ago, TheLad said:

You would think he will have to have had some assurances before taking this gig on? Like the majority of players staying on

Nonsense. Even if all Camelon players left, managing a current Premier league side would be still be a far better prospect of managing a side, who, by the looks of it, have applied to join EoS as a last resort as the Juniors crumbled before their very eyes.

17 minutes ago, TheLad said:

You would think he will have to have had some assurances before taking this gig on? Like the majority of players staying on

Bet he can’t believe his luck... the recent news coming from Bathgate doesn’t sound much better tbh

22 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I've gave up reading it because it's a bigger spat than the indy debate or Brexit debate

I’m not on FB but got sent the link. Got maybe 10-15 posts in and got bored of all the bitching back and forth. Couple of folk on their high horse as well who have zero to do with Camelon or those involved.

20 hours ago, Spyro said:

Bet he can’t believe his luck... the recent news coming from Bathgate doesn’t sound much better tbh

What’s the recent news coming from Bathgate?

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

What’s the recent news coming from Bathgate?

52 minutes ago, Quotation Marks said:

Do tell...

It was discussed somewhere on here a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know if anything has changed but Chairman wants out and no one willing to come forward to take over the club. A town the size of Bathgate, Scottish cup winners not that long ago but no one seems to care... I’m not speculating as to why as it has got me in trouble from the man before 🤐😂

19 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It was discussed somewhere on here a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know if anything has changed but Chairman wants out and no one willing to come forward to take over the club. A town the size of Bathgate, Scottish cup winners not that long ago but no one seems to care... I’m not speculating as to why as it has got me in trouble from the man before 🤐😂

Bathgate just appointed Stewart Devine as manager.

• 1 month later...