League 2 Season Preview / Predictions

6 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

What is everyone's predictions for top, bottom and the play offs in the upcoming season?

We have made ours here: https://t.co/3FNQqtD2ZX?amp=1

Any feedback would be great

Listened to the Leagues 1 and 2 previews. Thought they were excellent. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for future episodes.

15 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Listened to the Leagues 1 and 2 previews. Thought they were excellent. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for future episodes.

Thanks for this mate, appreciate the feedback, there is a Championship one as well if that is of any interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loh_JfjEZ_4&t=807s

Started off well with some in depth knowledge of who teams had signed or lost players with the exception of Annan and Elgin. You spent more time discussing whether Blair Henderson could make it at a higher level than about those two teams and even more time on your fantasy manager XI. Despite my complaints, it was good to hear something about this league and I'll be watching again.

Really good pod but I’d perhaps look at increasing your time limit as you barely spoke about Queen‘s. I think this is due to a zoom call only being 40 mins.
I agree (not just because there wasn't much time spent on QP). I also watched the league 1 preview and felt it too was pretty rushed towards the end. Assuming it's not streamed live and that the issue is down to time limits on zoom, are you able to edit together two calls into one video.

Also, do you plan to do a separate weekly video for each league once (if?) they all restart, or will you combine them all into one video? If the latter, and depending on how in depth you plan to go, then there's a lot to squeeze in to 40 mins.

I should say that I did enjoy the two videos I watched, so please consider my comments as feedback on how to improve rather than criticism of the podcast.

On 03/10/2020 at 12:54, williebraveheart said:

Excellent concept. One small point of, I hope, constructive criticism. Please try not to cover your mouth when speaking. Those who have to lip read (myself) have no chance.

Apologies for this. It's great feedback and something we will correct from the next episode onwards so please tune in again!

On 04/10/2020 at 10:58, gordon9736 said:

Started off well with some in depth knowledge of who teams had signed or lost players with the exception of Annan and Elgin. You spent more time discussing whether Blair Henderson could make it at a higher level than about those two teams and even more time on your fantasy manager XI. Despite my complaints, it was good to hear something about this league and I'll be watching again.

Thanks for this, will do an extra episode looking at Annan, Elgin and QP this week (released on Friday) as well as the usual regular episode (also released on Friday)!

Cheers

On 04/10/2020 at 11:09, NathanQP said:

Really good pod but I’d perhaps look at increasing your time limit as you barely spoke about Queen‘s. I think this is due to a zoom call only being 40 mins.

Thanks for this feedback. We are fine tuning timings which will help moving forward. We are doing an an extra episode looking at Annan, Elgin and QP this week (released on Friday) as well as the usual regular episode (also released on Friday)!

Cheers

On 04/10/2020 at 12:59, Ben Reilly said:

Also, do you plan to do a separate weekly video for each league once (if?) they all restart, or will you combine them all into one video? If the latter, and depending on how in depth you plan to go, then there's a lot to squeeze in to 40 mins.

I should say that I did enjoy the two videos I watched, so please consider my comments as feedback on how to improve rather than criticism of the podcast.

We absolutely appreciate any constructive feedback, so your comments are welcome and will definitely be taken on board. Going forward, we may continue going roughly from league to league, with the odd deviation to focus on one team/talking point, until we can address the time restraints.

As promised a feature on Annan, Elgin and Queens Park in detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ug3iOXp-Ns

As well as a review of the first round of fixtures in the Betfred Cup with a focus on the lower league teams and a look at the next round of games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZsqCUxsiOg

Enjoy

On 05/10/2020 at 21:00, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

We absolutely appreciate any constructive feedback, so your comments are welcome and will definitely be taken on board. Going forward, we may continue going roughly from league to league, with the odd deviation to focus on one team/talking point, until we can address the time restraints.

I liked it, well done. Just to pick up on one thing that was mentioned. The Hampden money isn't being spent on players, it's going towards the redevelopment of the new ground and the day to day running of the club . Our playing budget is being totally funded by Willie Haughey. We would be part-time without his sponsorship deal.

Have really enjoyed these so far. I like how they're more "serious" and look at players from a professional standpoint. There's plenty of great fan podcasts, but this stands out as something different.

In terms of feedback, the teaser questions, I know some people like that kind of thing and over time it might encourage a bit of engagement, but for me they take a wee bit of focus away from the main talking points, which are covered so well. I'm sure plenty of people would disagree with me though! Another idea could be asking listeners to suggest specific matches, players or teams' tactics for you to analyse and discuss in detail.

Only other thing I'd add is that it'd be good to have an audio-only version on Soundcloud or similar to stick on in the car or when out and about.

All in all though, a very enjoyable addition to the Scottish football podcast landscape 👏