Rangers vs Ross County - October 4th

21 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I hope to christ this isn't a 5-3-2 with RCC as a right wing back.

It utterly infuriates me when clubs list their starting XI in numerical order rather than some kind of positional order.

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

It utterly infuriates me when clubs list their starting XI in numerical order rather than some kind of positional order.

Yes.  But this is at least better than the lineups which are neither.

Pretty boring game so far. County not doing much when they get the ball, Rangers lacking a midfielder capable of spreading the play around.

Surprised there are any complaints about the penalty tbh. You’re always going to concede a pen when you try to bear hug the striker

"it continues into the box so it's a penalty"

do they no get people in who actually know the rules of football on this TV channel

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

do they no get people in who actually know the rules of football on this TV channel

Of course they do. The rules of Scottish Football are that everything favours The Rangers and Celtic. It's their job to remind us of this at every opportunity.

8 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I've not seen the incident but the laws of the game clearly state "If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

I've not seen the incident but the laws of the game clearly state "If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

Reid is all over the Rangers player, but he starts falling before the box. With the sprawl, it ends up two yards inside, but it was clearly outside.

Clear foul and a booking for me.

I missed the first half but - based on the 2nd - I have no idea why the Ross County fans were so glum at the start of the thread.  You were tight defensively and a big threat going forward and could easily have scored.

1-1 for the second half would have been fair and you didn't look like an 8th place side.

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've a sneaky wee feeling that the sportscene guys will be of the opinion that it wasn't a penalty....

I just watched the first half back on RTV and am pretty sure I heard one of the linesmen shouting, "Penalty, penalty"  and waving his flag.