Robin.Hood

2021 Travel/ Holiday Plans

Was meant to be at Center Parcs next week but its been moved to May with the company giving £100 incentive for moving it.

Have booked Florida for October 2022. If we aren't back to normal by then, the game is up. 

Think I'll have flung myself from the Scott Monument long before then if not, tbh.

They'll have found a new mutation in a village near Omsk that month and Clownshoes Leitch will be announcing lockdown no. 17 as the only possible response to this. 

I have a truly dreadful feeling that witch Priti Patel is about to announce a pivot to Australian-style border restrictions at this evening's press conference.

EasyJet Holidays sees summer bookings surge 250%:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55709110
I really hope this is repeated across all airlines and pressures governments not to continue their border restrictions nonsense past springtime.
A lot of people will go with them or Tui having been burnt doing a DIY holiday - both have Covid insurance and were pretty good at refunding of holidays that went tits up.

At the moment I'm looking to October for a holiday - more to do with the wife's precarious position with Debenhams and her health than anything else.

looking like this year will be a write off as well. away book for july 2022. absolute shambles

On 20/01/2021 at 20:15, Honest Saints Fan said:

Was meant to be at Center Parcs next week but its been moved to May with the company giving £100 incentive for moving it.

Have booked Florida for October 2022. If we aren't back to normal by then, the game is up. 

Who did you guys book up for florida with? Villa or Hotel?

49 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Who did you guys book up for florida with? Villa or Hotel?

Villa. No chance I'm sharing a hotel room for 2 weeks with a 6 and 4 year old! 🙈

Think it was approx £1700 for 2 weeks which includes pool heating and a refundable security deposit. 

Eta. Not booked flights yet as only TUI are on sale and they are £800pp for our dates. Waiting to see what BA have as I have loads of avios points to use.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

7 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Villa. No chance I'm sharing a hotel room for 2 weeks with a 6 and 4 year old! 🙈

Think it was approx £1700 for 2 weeks which includes pool heating and a refundable security deposit. 

Eta. Not booked flights yet as only TUI are on sale and they are £800pp for our dates. Waiting to see what BA have as I have loads of avios points to use.

Thats not too bad, you’ll probably not need pool heat in October, we usually go sept/oct and the villa folks usually tell you not to bother. 
Virgin sometimes do decent deals on Gla-Mco direct flights, but cant help but think you guys would be better taking advantage of the lower prices for Highland departures and do Inv-LHR-MCO especially if you have avios to use. Using them as a discount off flights isnt the best way to use them though, should look at reward flight full redemption, but that tends to be 335 days out before you can book so November 2021? 
what villa complex you in? Have stayed at Rosemont woods (very good), emerald island, windsor hills and windsor palms a few times each. Thats such a great age to be taking kids to disney, they’ll be wiped out!haha. 

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats not too bad, you’ll probably not need pool heat in October, we usually go sept/oct and the villa folks usually tell you not to bother. 
Virgin sometimes do decent deals on Gla-Mco direct flights, but cant help but think you guys would be better taking advantage of the lower prices for Highland departures and do Inv-LHR-MCO especially if you have avios to use. Using them as a discount off flights isnt the best way to use them though, should look at reward flight full redemption, but that tends to be 335 days out before you can book so November 2021? 
what villa complex you in? Have stayed at Rosemont woods (very good), emerald island, windsor hills and windsor palms a few times each. Thats such a great age to be taking kids to disney, they’ll be wiped out!haha. 

Aye, the last few flights we have done Inverness-London-Onwards, just hoping it's as easy with kids. It will be their first trip abroad...

I'll look into avios properly. Now Nectar have switched to exchanging points for Avios I hope to get a few more over the next wee while.

We are staying at Crescent Lakes in Kissimmee. I've never been before but @Rugster has a few times.

32 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Aye, the last few flights we have done Inverness-London-Onwards, just hoping it's as easy with kids. It will be their first trip abroad...

I'll look into avios properly. Now Nectar have switched to exchanging points for Avios I hope to get a few more over the next wee while.

We are staying at Crescent Lakes in Kissimmee. I've never been before but @Rugster has a few times.

Ah yeh thats right beside Providence where i’ve been a good few times. Looks good! Aw thats definitely a good first trip abroad! Countdown on!

seen cyprus government saying from march if you are vaccinated you can travel without restrictions

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

seen cyprus government saying from march if you are vaccinated you can travel without restrictions

Same with (at least) Poland and Iceland, with the latter also already allowing proof of prior infection. Most of Europe will be like this come summer, while the clownshoe cartel on our plague island continue to dream up more utter fucking nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55884936

Posted at 9:57

Ryanair says European beach holidays will be back this summer

image.gif.cc211e9ceb568257131ca33554c07c57.gif
Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images

The boss of Ryanair is forecasting "a strong return" for European beach holidays this summer thanks to the Covid-19 vaccination programme.

Michael O'Leary said he expected travel restrictions to be dropped once high risk groups were inoculated, unleashing "pent-up demand".

It came as the airline warned it was in the midst of "the most challenging year" in its 35-year history.

It expects annual losses of up to €1bn (£870m) for the year to March 2021.

Despite this, Mr O'Leary told the BBC's Today programme that he was "heartened" by the fact the UK expected to vaccinate everyone over 50 by the end of March, and that Europe would achieve the same by June.

Last month, EasyJet said it had seen summer bookings rise by 250%, but it said the cost of pre-departure coronavirus tests - which cost up to £150 per person - was still a deterrent.

Here's hoping...

As per my post on the main 'rona thread:

Posted at 13:18

UK PM 'optimistic' about summer holidays

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he is "optimistic" about the summer holidays this year.

Johnson says he doesn't want to "give too much" by way of dates for the summer holidays but that he will be setting out more on 22 February "about the way ahead" and that "people should certainly be able to plan on that basis".

However, "some things have got to go right for us" between now and then - the vaccine programme has to "continue to be successful", the UK can't "get thrown off course by new variants" and the level of infections needs to "come down", he adds.

I know Boris is a clown, but it's at least good to hear this coming from him. Seems there has been some rumblings and movement on this today. Also:

Same with (at least) Poland and Iceland, with the latter also already allowing proof of prior infection. Most of Europe will be like this come summer, while the clownshoe cartel on our plague island continue to dream up more utter fucking nonsense.
Where are you seeing Poland will be allowing tourists from outwith the EU ?

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 31/01/2021 at 16:46, Elixir said:

Where are you seeing Poland will be allowing tourists from outwith the EU ?

I don't have a source. My girlfriend told me, and I'm just taking her word for it. 😅

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the case, though.

Edit: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/poland/entry-requirements

You do not need to self-isolate if you:

- vaccinated against COVID-19 and produce a certificate of vaccination

Edited by Elixir

Yas! Stag back on for April then!
Hungary open yet? I've cancelled Greece for August as the uncertainty of whether we can go - restrictions may be in place (PCR tests, quartantining), we've bit the bullet and cancelled it losing out in deposit only!

Budapest in June? No idea how it's looking!!!

Absolutely no idea for any of it right now, sadly. As long as Moldova is open in November!