Robin.Hood

2021 Travel/ Holiday Plans

This year has been a bit of a write off. Decided was safer to not go anywhere.

However we did re book next year for going away in July down to dumfries way. 

Nothing else planned as really unsure what to do. 

On 29/09/2020 at 12:57, G_Man1985 said:

This year has been a bit of a write off. Decided was safer to not go anywhere.

However we did re book next year for going away in July down to dumfries way. 

Nothing else planned as really unsure what to do. 

Sensational place.

Malta in May. Was hoping to get a couple English games in but I'll probably ditch that and maybe try for a late deal tail end of '21.

Not got anything abroad planned yet but have booked a wee self catering cottage in Port Issac for 3 nights in September. 

Mrs WilliamBragg is a fan of Doc Martin (the TV show not the boots) so booked this as a wee surprise as it's where the show is filmed.

2020 has been a disaster for travel and I’m not convinced that 2021 will be any better.

I’ve booked flights to head down to Cheltenham for the festival in March. Not convinced that a crowd will be at the meet, but the flights were fairly cheap and knew there was a chance that I would be writing them off.

Booked to do the NC500 with the wife in April and also a stag do to Bulgaria in June (was meant to be June 2020, but moved out a year). Not convinced the foreign trip will happen.

Have booked up for Egypt in Sept with the wife. Used to be a favourite of ours years ago, but not been for a good few years due to the travel restrictions.

I have NYC booked for Nov/Dec this year and with that almost certain to be cancelled, I may try and move it to Nov/Dec 2021.

Got a few things building on the list to get booked up once the travel restrictions have been lifted. Just need to try and find the time/money to do them all!

I've been booking and cancelling holidays all year because of bad timing. Going to hold off until there's an opening up and jump right in, Spain or Portugal probably, maybe Canaries if it's midwinter. KLM have started giving 15% extra if you accept vouchers instead of cash when they cancel, so I'm building up a nest egg. Still have the Euros booked for Budapest and Munich next June/July if that happens.

I've been booking and cancelling holidays all year because of bad timing. Going to hold off until there's an opening up and jump right in, Spain or Portugal probably, maybe Canaries if it's midwinter. KLM have started giving 15% extra if you accept vouchers instead of cash when they cancel, so I'm building up a nest egg. Still have the Euros booked for Budapest and Munich next June/July if that happens.

TUI offered similar (think it was 20%), but when I went in to look at 2021 equivalent to what I had booked for 2020 (Mexico) it was 30% more expensive than what I paid.

I’m really not convinced that 2021 is going to be much better for foreign travel.

We were lucky and managed to get away in Feb for 6 nights,booked up for Tui Magic Life in May and just hope it goes ahead.

Thinking of Catania in Sicily early Spring, loads of nice looking Airbnbs from £10 a night.

Edited by welshbairn

Booked Montenegro for 10 nights in May. Booking only made after reading the cancellation policy about twenty times. 

Trying not to think about it as there's a high chance of it being canned. 

Booked Sicily for first 10 days in May too, with my forecasting luck so far it will probably be just in time for the 3rd wave. AirBnB is no problem to cancel with this flat, bang in the centre of Catania for £26 a night, but the Easyjet flights will probably be a pain in the arse. Going to jump straight on to a plane somewhere as soon as the present surge eases off, no point in planning yet.

image.png.aae4edfb08bd8f6b653cb26c098138d9.png

P.S. Flat cancelled, off the market because of Covid. Plenty more at similar price.

Edited by welshbairn

TUI offered similar (think it was 20%), but when I went in to look at 2021 equivalent to what I had booked for 2020 (Mexico) it was 30% more expensive than what I paid.

I’m really not convinced that 2021 is going to be much better for foreign travel.

Tui/First Choice prices are just ridiculous now - looking at BA Holidays - significantly cheaper - for example, a 5 star AI in Mexico next summer is almost £400pp cheaper with BA - even after adding in luggage and transfers.

Tui/First Choice prices are just ridiculous now - looking at BA Holidays - significantly cheaper - for example, a 5 star AI in Mexico next summer is almost £400pp cheaper with BA - even after adding in luggage and transfers.  

Yeah, some family had booked for Mexico next summer through BA and got an incredible deal. I’ll be keeping an eye on that for future!

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

TUI/FC prices will drop next year. The best deals, especially with discount codes, are available from late January to March. 

Btw, there are some very good deals to the Canaries atm.

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 08:41, Mitch said:

2020 has been a disaster for travel and I’m not convinced that 2021 will be any better.

I’ve booked flights to head down to Cheltenham for the festival in March. Not convinced that a crowd will be at the meet, but the flights were fairly cheap and knew there was a chance that I would be writing them off.

Booked to do the NC500 with the wife in April and also a stag do to Bulgaria in June (was meant to be June 2020, but moved out a year). Not convinced the foreign trip will happen.

Have booked up for Egypt in Sept with the wife. Used to be a favourite of ours years ago, but not been for a good few years due to the travel restrictions.

I have NYC booked for Nov/Dec this year and with that almost certain to be cancelled, I may try and move it to Nov/Dec 2021.

Got a few things building on the list to get booked up once the travel restrictions have been lifted. Just need to try and find the time/money to do them all!

I'll be going to Cheltenham again if it's on (never went this year as didn't want to chance it). but been half a dozen times and always a great week.

Did NC500 with the missus in August - got amazing weather which helps but it was a great trip. Just back from Lewis & Harris for 5 nights and loved it too.

Went down to England in September too and did a bit of the lakes/Yorkshire which was good too.

Hoping to get further afield next years but I've enjoyed my trips here this summer.

Managed Hamburg in January so full year wasn't a wrote off going away!

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:43, welshbairn said:

Thinking of Catania in Sicily early Spring, loads of nice looking Airbnbs from £10 a night.

Was meant to be going there last month but canned it with the quarantine.

On 26/10/2020 at 23:06, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That is why i booked up 2 months ago,i saw the prices going up and up so just went sod it.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was meant to be going there last month but canned it with the quarantine.

I just keep recycling booked holidays, getting the refunds and booking another. Hopefully that one will happen. Only place I've been is North Wales, met a few old mates in the first few days, sorted out a weekend bash, then it went into lockdown. :(

Just booked up for four nights on Skye in April, with free cancellation obviously before then depending on restrictions. Would probably add another night somewhere along the Kyle line and do that on the way back as well.