PPV prices

If you tune into Falkirk TV when your teams are visiting Falkirk your guaranteed to see “Instant replays” and several re-runs of them whilst “The action” 🙄 is still continuing or the other team has made a chance of their own. If they could save the replays until lulls in the game it be far better to watch. Sometimes the replays miss the incident that happened like yesterday when Mutch slapped the Forfar guy on the back of the head. It’s adequate not Sky Sports HD

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

It’s adequate not Sky Sports HD

Obviously it is up to clubs what they charge for PPV but it would be good to have consistency across the league.

I am pleased that Cove and Peterhead are cheaper but frankly resent giving Falkirk more than my club is charging.

PPV prices seem to be pegged in line with season ticket prices, so as not to undercut the latter.

The price differences certainly aren't a reflection of the quality of the product.

I ended up buying a season ticket, though the delay in announcing prices for my club's PPV meant I missed out on the early bird discount. Since I live abroad, even if crowds return, I won't be able to attend in person.

Like others I do this because I want to support the club, so value for money isn't the main consideration.

Hope all the teams weather this Covid19 storm. Would be good to see "fat cats" doing more but not holding my breath for that to happen.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 02:02, Brummo said:

Obviously it is up to clubs what they charge for PPV but it would be good to have consistency across the league.

I am pleased that Cove and Peterhead are cheaper but frankly resent giving Falkirk more than my club is charging.

PPV prices seem to be pegged in line with season ticket prices, so as not to undercut the latter.

The price differences certainly aren't a reflection of the quality of the product.

That's no different from normal football in fairness though; e.g. £17 (plus car park charge) for Airdrie, £15 for Clyde, despite the fact it's exactly the same stadium. Even more for Falkirk, despite being stuck behind the goal.

PPV sales is bringing in a bit of cash but long term it aint anywhere near enough for the smaller teams who rely on fans threw the gate and additional income from matchday hospitality. 

Was listening to World Football phone in on Radio 5 Live, as I did the school run. We are used to analysis of games at higher levels and also know that tech. such as gps is used to track players stats in the course of the game. It just occurred to me that with Pixelot etc, lower league games can now be analysed by coaches in a way that wasn't possible before.

If coaches really did their homework on opposition teams, surely, outfield players, as well as the well established pattern of goalkeepers in penalty situations, would have a degree of predictability in their play.

Understanding games better is no doubt an advantage when it comes to knowing how to play to a team's strengths matched against the opposition's weaknesses

Football may be as much an art as a predictable science but at its highest levels, science and stats are playing a significant role in raising standards.

I know that opposition teams are watched in advance of important ties but with entire games being available to scrutinise online, surely this is a good opportunity for technology to help increase the fine margins that we are always being told are the difference between success and failure in sport.

Hoping therefore that SP and the Links Park coaching staff are subscribing to these streams, even if watching them is murder.

Edited by Brummo
Missing word