Dundee United v Livingston

21 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Must admit i was rather surprised at how easy that was last night, albeit took us long enough to get the result we more than deserved. United will hope not to put too many gutless performances like that through the season or could find themselves where they dont want to be.To be dominated like that for nearly a whole game must be worrying. Especially as someone suggested,we are no world beaters, just honest granted who never give up.🦁

We do have some good footballers and as you said, lots of hard work and energy. Now we  seemed to have settled into a formation and have consistency in the 1st team selection, we are a good team and we have good options in the squad this season. 

So it was an off night for United.Being such a dreadfull team at least your giving us credit for making yous look so bad.We now have a wee bit of momentum that our recent performances have deserved.Weve had our share of off days,hopefully wont be to many more.United are better than that,and i expect yous to do well this season. 

21 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Let's face it, livi are a dreadful football team. But credit to them, they punished us on an off-night where we just didn't get started. Fair play to them

Nonsense 

Watching the game again on the BBC highlights i don't know how we didn't score 5 or 6 last night, wouldn't have flattered us either. Must be the most dominant performance we've had since coming back up into the top flight, to only have had one shot all game at our goal, and from a free kick that shouldn't have happened had Beaton done his job properly and awarded the foul on Serrano.

Watching the game again on the BBC highlights i don't know how we didn't score 5 or 6 last night, wouldn't have flattered us either. Must be the most dominant performance we've had since coming back up into the top flight, to only have had one shot all game at our goal, and from a free kick that shouldn't have happened had Beaton done his job properly and awarded the foul on Serrano.

The game against Motherwell last season was really dominant...think they only had one shot that hit the post in the last minute

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The game against Motherwell last season was really dominant...think they only had one shot that hit the post in the last minute

Aye that was only 1-0 though, we really had the chances to score a barrel load in this game, as well as starving one of the league's best finishers of having even a sniff of a chance. Motherwell were a top 4 side last season though, which makes it pretty impressive that we dominated that game against them so much. The Killie 3-0 game a few games before was really comfortable too, however both those were at home where our form was spectacular, seems all the better doing this away from home.

4 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Let's face it, livi are a dreadful football team. But credit to them, they punished us on an off-night where we just didn't get started. Fair play to them

You got absolutely dominated, sit down.

7 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Fanny.

On another tack, I fear the worst for my fluorescent chums if Mellon can't see that Appere  is the most exciting player at the club.

18 hours ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Putting our dreadful performance aside, this is the first time I have seen Livi play since we were last in the Premiership.  I was very impressed.

Livi are no mugs. Good team and will be in a strong position come the end of the season. Best of the rest perhaps? 

Wherever they end up, unless we make some good signings, itll be miles above us. As will at least 9 other teams be.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

5 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Livi are no mugs. Good team and will be in a strong position come the end of the season. Best of the rest perhaps? 

Wherever they end up, unless we make some good signings, itll be miles above us. As will at least 9 other teams be.

Best of the rest outside the best of the rest you mean, Hibs & Aberdeen?

Think Killie will be 5th, with Kabamba scoring for fun they've found the edge over the rest of us, we'd need our new signing JET to be as good if we're to challenge them. Early days yet and can't get carried away with one good result, or two, with us having back to back wins, we'll need to string some more wins together to get away from the pack, and we've Killie & Sevco in our next 2 league games, which could see us fall back down into the bottom end again.

Utd looked decent against St Mirren and Accies though, so looks like you'll be fine, prob just got caught out not being prepared with how Livi play, happened to County last season too when they first played us.

On 03/10/2020 at 13:47, Mvondo_the_great said:

Seems you have had quote a few off nights recently, where you just didn’t get started ....