St Johnstone v Celtic, Sunday 4-10-20

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Go drink your bottle of mad dog and stop greeting like a wee bitch on here. 

Brown has made a career about being a cynical piece of shit so less of your pot kettle pish. 

I don't drink. I am not greeting just not having all the ST Johnstone played well shite. 

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

lol wut? You wouldn't be bottom of the league for a start, you'd have actually taken what most would see as a bonus point which not many other teams will take.

Being bottom of the table in October, on goal difference, is absolutely irrelevant. 

As I say, the counter doesn't even lead directly to the goal, we have about 6 players in the box when they cross.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It came from a counter that we didn’t get fully set up at the back from.  I didn’t think it was necessary to send all three of them up at that stage, but so be it. 

The CBs are all set when the crosser has the ball. Liam Gordon has at least two glances at Griffiths standing free on the edge of the box, and time to either move out or call for help, yet allows him to remain unmarked.

I'd be more annoyed about that than the decision to try and win the game.

Agree about the 5 subs rule, Celtic brought on Rogic, Brown, Christie, Griffiths and Kimala.

Four internationals plus a £3m signing.

What is this rule giving us other than an even bigger advantage to the bigger clubs?

Sour grapes obviously, but it’s not really something I’ve paid much attention to up til now.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree about the 5 subs rule, Celtic brought on Rogic, Brown, Christie, Griffiths and Kimala.

What is this rule giving us other than an even bigger advantage to the bigger clubs?

Sour grapes obviously, but it’s not really something I’ve paid much attention to up til now.

Maybe they could set some kind of limit.

You can still use 5 subs but they have to be of decreasing value?

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It changed the game against Aberdeen aswell. Totally on top until they made 2 subs at half time, something they simply wouldn't do if they didn't have 5 subs.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Being bottom of the table in October, on goal difference, is absolutely irrelevant. 

As I say, the counter doesn't even lead directly to the goal, we have about 6 players in the box when they cross.

The CBs are all set when the crosser has the ball. Liam Gordon has at least two glances at Griffiths standing free on the edge of the box, and time to either move out or call for help, yet allows him to remain unmarked.

I'd be more annoyed about that than the decision to try and win the game.

This is going to become one of those tedious back and forths.

You feel our defence going up for the corner was nothing to do with the first goal, I think it was. I’m happy to leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Maybe they could set some kind of limit.

You can still use 5 subs but they have to be of decreasing value?

Possibly..

or we could just dish out trophies at the start of each season based on clubs with the biggest resources, as the game is increasingly managed towards anyway..

32 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Sitting back, inviting trouble. Absolutely no surprise when it happens. Scottish teams could learn from Leeds who try to win every game and get bodies forward rather than the usual borefest. Same old story every time - depressing to watch.

If Saints had £100,000,000 to spend then we could maybe think about playing like Leeds! unfortunately like most Scottish clubs we don't have £100,000 to spend on players !  

34 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

like the comment a couple of pages above about Jason Kerr btw. He is exceptional, a great defender and brilliant with the ball, and still in his early 20s. Given some of the clownshoes who get Scotland call ups At centre back (Bates, Devlin, Souttar, Porteous) it’s ridiculous he has never had a shout.

Every year there's a St Johnstone player who should be getting caps for Scotland. 

Every single year.