St Johnstone v Celtic, Sunday 4-10-20

29 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Firstly, the banter years thing it is a whole of Scottish football thing, just read the thread.ect. It’s weird.

I know. That's not what I wrote 

29 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Secondly, saying that we’re all bigots is just stupid. I’ve live in Glasgow my whole life, the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans that I have met are genuinely good people, this whole
idea that OF fans are all crazy Pope hating, Queen or IRA loving, Protestant or Catholic hating bigots is just ridiculous. I’ve been to plenty of Old Firms including 6/7 at Ibrox and the most toxic atmosphere I’ve experienced was at Tynecastle.nd everyone else is perfect. It’s weird.

I grew up in Ayrshire. I've lived in Lanarkshire. I've lived in Scotland for half a century. I've found that a very large number of OF fans are bigots. In any case it doesn't matter, it is beyond doubt that bigotry and hatred for 'the other' fuels the crowds of weirdos that turn up every week and pretend they're from a different country. You are right. It's weird. 

33 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Finally, I follow Celtic because my
Dad does and because his Dad does. I got a season ticket when I was 5. I read those threads because I’m a Celtic fan, what is shocking about a fan reading their teams threads and their main rivals on occasion?

So many people on this forum act like all OF fans are complete scum and everyone else is perfect. It’s weird.

No. People just want to avoid OF fans because you're largely bigots. It's why home crowds are lower when you come to our grounds. The intergenerational thing makes no difference. My Dad was a product of his time and held some views on race I find pretty uncomfortable. As it happens I have family on both sides that support the OF. I find it impossible to talk to them about football, we have no common ground. 

I didn't say anything was 'shocking'. I said the opposite. 'Main rivals' = only rivals. I, like lots on here, will read the team threads for all the teams in the division except the OF. Quite often the championship and lower leagues too. 

You aren't helping your case, and once again a match thread has become derailed by yet another OF fan pulling attention onto why normal fans don't want to engage with them. A bit of self-reflection might go a long way. 

No. People just want to avoid OF fans because you're largely bigots. It's why home crowds are lower when you come to our grounds. The intergenerational thing makes no difference. My Dad was a product of his time and held some views on race I find pretty uncomfortable. As it happens I have family on both sides that support the OF. I find it impossible to talk to them about football, we have no common ground. 
I didn't say anything was 'shocking'. I said the opposite. 'Main rivals' = only rivals. I, like lots on here, will read the team threads for all the teams in the division except the OF. Quite often the championship and lower leagues too. 
You aren't helping your case, and once again a match thread has become derailed by yet another OF fan pulling attention onto why normal fans don't want to engage with them. A bit of self-reflection might go a long way. 
"Self reflection" because of the football team he supports! ..you really are a pompous fud.

Just now, Stevie67 said:
11 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

"Self reflection" because of the football team he supports! ..you really are a pompous fud.

Not really, but appreciate your feedback and the insult.

The guy gave it salty tears asking why fans don't interact with OF fans in the same way they do with as other teams. Simply pointed out it's pretty obvious if he thinks about it for a minute. 

You don't get to act the way you do then expect to be part of the 'normal' Scottish football scene. Only my pompous opinion of course. 

Not really, but appreciate your feedback and the insult.
The guy gave it salty tears asking why fans don't interact with OF fans in the same way they do with as other teams. Simply pointed out it's pretty obvious if he thinks about it for a minute. 
You don't get to act the way you do then expect to be part of the 'normal' Scottish football scene. Only my pompous opinion of course. 
You know nothing about the poster except he posts on this forum . Yet you tell him he has to self reflect because of the football side he supports . Thats insulting .
Stop making sweeping generalisations ...seems your a chip off the old block .

Firstly, the banter years thing it is a whole of Scottish football thing, just read the thread.

Secondly, saying that we’re all bigots is just stupid. I’ve live in Glasgow my whole life, the vast majority of Celtic and Rangers fans that I have met are genuinely good people, this whole
idea that OF fans are all crazy Pope hating, Queen or IRA loving, Protestant or Catholic hating bigots is just ridiculous. I’ve been to plenty of Old Firms including 6/7 at Ibrox and the most toxic atmosphere I’ve experienced was at Tynecastle.

Dad does and because his Dad does. I got a season ticket when I was 5. I read those threads because I’m a Celtic fan, what is shocking about a fan reading their teams threads and their main rivals on occasion?

So many people on this forum act like all OF fans are complete scum and everyone else is perfect. It’s weird.
If you love the **** so much, f**k off to their thread - simples.

2 hours ago, Stevie67 said:

You know nothing about the poster except he posts on this forum . Yet you tell him he has to self reflect because of the football side he supports . Thats insulting .
Stop making sweeping generalisations ...seems your a chip off the old block .

Again, no. 

The poster asked a question, which was 'why do we Celtic fans not get the same reaction from opposition fans as other clubs'. I said that it's because the club is synonymous with bigotry and sectarianism, which most folk find abhorrent.

I suggested that if he thought about this it would make sense. That's what self-reflection means. What I know or don't know about him is entirely immaterial and I've not suggested I know anything about him, so I don't think you understand what a generalisation is if you think I've made any. I think your confusion is that you think I am calling this guy (or you?) a bigot. I am not. 

By the way, an insult is when you call someone, for example, 'a fud'. People often do this when they have no coherent argument, and just want to lash out because they're confused. 

Anyway I've been crystal clear and will leave it there as it all seems rather pointless. 

ETA just realised that if a guy from 3 generations of OF fans that's had a season ticket for decades honestly doesn't understand why folk don't interact like they do with other sets of fans its either staggering naivety or I've been trolled. Oops.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Again, no. 
The poster asked a question, which was 'why do we Celtic fans not get the same reaction from opposition fans as other clubs'. I said that it's because the club is synonymous with bigotry and sectarianism, which most folk find abhorrent.
I suggested that if he thought about this it would make sense. That's what self-reflection means. What I know or don't know about him is entirely immaterial and I've not suggested I know anything about him, so I don't think you understand what a generalisation is if you think I've made any. I think your confusion is that you think I am calling this guy (or you?) a bigot. I am not. 
By the way, an insult is when you call someone, for example, 'a fud'. People often do this when they have no coherent argument, and just want to lash out because they're confused. 
Anyway I've been crystal clear and will leave it there as it all seems rather pointless. 

ETA just realised that if a guy from 3 generations of OF fans that's had a season ticket for decades honestly doesn't understand why folk don't interact like they do with other sets of fans its either staggering naivety or I've been trolled. Oops.

Have a lie down mate.

If "some" Celtic fans didn't act like their club transcended football and the concept of sport, as well as regularly defending the indefensible on a sadly predictable basis, I'd perhaps have a little more sympathy for this mewling "why can't you speak to us like everyone else" pish 

35 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

If "some" Celtic fans didn't act like their club transcended football and the concept of sport, as well as regularly defending the indefensible on a sadly predictable basis, I'd perhaps have a little more sympathy for this mewling "why can't you speak to us like everyone else" pish 

Na, they're ALL bigoted smelly c***s with their eyes too close together, that's my reasoning.

21 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Firstly, the banter years thing it is a whole of Scottish football thing, just read the thread.

idea that OF fans are all crazy Pope hating, Queen or IRA loving, Protestant or Catholic hating bigots is just ridiculous. I’ve been to plenty of Old Firms including 6/7 at Ibrox and the most toxic atmosphere I’ve experienced was at Tynecastle.

Dad does and because his Dad does
. I got a season ticket when I was 5. I read those threads because I’m a Celtic fan, what is shocking about a fan reading their teams threads and their main rivals on occasion?

Only 3 generations? F****** blow ins...