St Johnstone v Celtic, Sunday 4-10-20

St Johnstone are on a run of having scored 1 goal in 6 matches.

Saints have not scored a single goal against Celtic since August 2017, that bizarre Maclean goal in a 1-1 draw at Celtic park when both teams shared top spot after 4 games.

Since then, in all competitions, our record in the 10 matches between the sides is:

won 0    drawn 1   Lost 9.             Goals for   0      Goals against  31

In light of all this, it's obvious what we need to do this weekend...

A solid defensive performance avoiding a heavy defeat, whilst nicking a goal would probably be acceptable to many Saints fans going into this.  I'm going to predict this is the day our fortune turns, and it all comes together in a 2-0 Saints victory to kickstart our season, May and Hendry the scorers.  

Expect we'll revert to our usual back 5.  I'd go McCann, Davidson and Wotherspoon midfield with May and Hendry up front.

The cup game before the lockdown was significant as it was the first time in a while we'd gone toe-to-toe with them, although it was nice that for once they didn't morph into Barcelona against us.

Get through this one, use the Betfred Cup games wisely then all roads lead to Hamilton. 

1-0 win, Kerr back post header.

Celtic to spend 90 minutes attempting to score from 30 yards.

Christie have a world record high match xG of 5, but thats all from a culmination of his 500 shots.

Whichever winger plays...... they'll rip Tanser to shreds.

Nah that’s usually only James Forrest and thankfully he’s injured. Otherwise he’d turn into fucking Messi against us once again. I swear we make his goal stats for the season look waaaaay better than they actually are.

Nah that’s usually only James Forrest and thankfully he’s injured. Otherwise he’d turn into fucking Messi against us once again. I swear we make his goal stats for the season look waaaaay better than they actually are.

Ask Doig of Hibs who he’d prefer to play against. Frimpong absolutely destroyed him on Sunday and should do so to Tanser unless Lennon is in a idiot again and plays someone else.

11 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Ask Doig of Hibs who he’d prefer to play against. Frimpong absolutely destroyed him on Sunday and should do so to Tanser unless Lennon is in a idiot again and plays someone else.

In fairness Doig has nowhere near the experience of Tanser. Frimpong is pure pace, its hard to judge that early in your career as an opponent, especially if theyre running from deep.

Forrest is just in Tansers head now.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just seen some stats that Sky Sports News have put up about how long it is since Saintees scored against Celtic in the league. You could travel from London to New York and back again in that time.

By air or by sea?

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

By air or by sea?

Swimming.

Back 3 again. Don't think that the 4 really gave us anything extra and both Danny and Tanser are wing, not full backs. Now where's my cut and paste keys ...

Clark

D.Mac  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Tanser

McCann  Davidson  Spoony

Hendry  May

Might get to see Byson get a run out, which would be exciting.  Only real bonus is that it's a 12 kick-off which legitimises lunchtime drinking in my book.

Saints 0, Celtic n (where n>0)

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just seen some stats that Sky Sports News have put up about how long it is since Saintees scored against Celtic in the league. You could travel from London to New York and back again in that time.

You could do hundreds of times,since you guys won the Scottish cup 😎

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve just seen some stats that Sky Sports News have put up about how long it is since Saintees scored against Celtic in the league. 

Its shit like this that has me fully convinced we're winning this.

What the f**k is Ben Stokes innings doing in there? A complete outlier and has absolutely no place in that list, offers absolutely no perspective.  

Shambles. 

So strange, not like adds up/fits in to 951 either, a better stat would be how many times you could watch Anthony Stokes goal’s against Rangers in 2016 Cup final or how many minutes the average person could be in the town of Stoke before going completely insane.