Kilmarnock v Motherwell

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Desp said:

My favourite 3-0 win at Rugby Park since that time they finished the game with 8-men and Dougie Ramsay scored a beauty! 

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

McFadden curling an absolute pearler of a free kick into the top corner. Absolutely wonderful day out. 

Wrapped up by Stephen Pearson if I remember rightly?

14 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

Wrapped up by Stephen Pearson if I remember rightly?

Think Pearson got the 2nd and Faddy the 3rd, IIRC. Not forgetting Andy McLaren getting a 2nd yellow card for throwing his toys out the pram after a bit of abuse from the away end... 

51 minutes ago, Desp said:

Think Pearson got the 2nd and Faddy the 3rd, IIRC. Not forgetting Andy McLaren getting a 2nd yellow card for throwing his toys out the pram after a bit of abuse from the away end... 

Aye think that's right. I don't remember a thing about the Dougie Ramsay goal or the first two reds but remember Pearson and Faddy's goals and McLaren trudging off to great cheers from the 'Well end. Don't remember much from being a 10 year old but I suppose 3 reds and a guy in a red mohawk scoring a free kick stuck with me.

13 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

Aye think that's right. I don't remember a thing about the Dougie Ramsay goal or the first two reds but remember Pearson and Faddy's goals and McLaren trudging off to great cheers from the 'Well end. Don't remember much from being a 10 year old but I suppose 3 reds and a guy in a red mohawk scoring a free kick stuck with me.

Aye I'm assuming we must be about the same age. I mind my old man taking me and it being a scorching hot day as well. 

It was a cracking day, just a few games into the season as well. Not the WWS game, as suggested above, but early doors in the season after it. 

I'm a wee bit older than you both, I was about 16 at the time and had gone down in a supporters bus. Ramsay's goal was just one he ran onto at the edge of the box and he drilled it from about 20 yards. He didn't score many, but when he did they were crackers. 

Pretty sure Gordon Marshall was in goals for Killie that day. That was during a good run where we beat Killie a few times down there. Remember putting them out the cup thanks to a Faddy penalty. Might have been later that season. 

It was a cracking day, just a few games into the season as well. Not the WWS game, as suggested above, but early doors in the season after it. 
I'm a wee bit older than you both, I was about 16 at the time and had gone down in a supporters bus. Ramsay's goal was just one he ran onto at the edge of the box and he drilled it from about 20 yards. He didn't score many, but when he did they were crackers. 
Pretty sure Gordon Marshall was in goals for Killie that day. That was during a good run where we beat Killie a few times down there. Remember putting them out the cup thanks to a Faddy penalty. Might have been later that season. 
Yeah, remember Ramsey scoring a cracker from outside the box at Dunfermline last game of the season (previous season maybe). I think the game after admin announcement at Killie was 4-1.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

I'm sure that McFadden one was on the Saturday, and we played you again in midweek and won 1-0 with a penalty after Dubourdeau punched one of our players in the box while the ball was halfway up the park.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm sure that McFadden one was on the Saturday, and we played you again in midweek and won 1-0 with a penalty after Dubourdeau punched one of our players in the box while the ball was halfway up the park.

Hands down the absolute worst game of football I have ever watched. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Francois was forgiven after his heroics on Boxing Day 2002. 

I was at that. It was late on, Dubordeaux caught a through ball, then elbowed the Kilmarnock player for some unknown reason. Conceded a penalty and got sent off. I was raging- shite game but I thought we were going to get a point and then he had an absolute brain-fart.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Francois was forgiven after his heroics on Boxing Day 2002. 

Discovered recently that the Rangers game on Boxing Day was one of just two league clean sheets that he kept in 45 top flight games for Motherwell and Killie. The other was in a 1-0 Killie win at Fir Park.

I think looking back on it, Dubourdeau's best attribute was simply not being Stevie Woods. A pretty similar situation to what we have with Mugabi and Lamie just now.

Although, 18 years later, he still holds the record of the last person to be MOTM in a Motherwell league win over Rangers.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc