Kilmarnock v Motherwell

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The six players who have actually tested positive will presumably be back in 10 days so we might be able to scramble together a squad for the second one. The transfer window is still open too.

If the whole squad have been put into quarantine for an entire 14 days, as is being widely trailed, then I don't see how Kilmarnock can play any games within that period. They aren't going to buy a whole squad. Is there a youth team that could sub in? 

15 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The St Mirren game should have been cancelled that's the bottom line.

We cannot just simply cancel games. 

If that is to be the standard position what was the point in restarting the season? It won't finish again this year if we call of every game where a club has a few positive cases.

It's going to be tight enough to finish the season as it is as despite what people seem to believe the schedule doesn't have room for potentially double figure rearranged fixtures.  

29 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

No harm to Killie and wish their players a speedy recovery.  The authorities running our game are amateur.  Do they think players dont chat to each other at the training close to each other. 

21 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The St Mirren game should have been cancelled that's the bottom line.

This morning I said the killie match would be on - because there were only a handful of +ves.

But If you cant see the difference between the situation with St Mirren and the rumour this afternoon that the entire 1st team squad at Killie have been told to isolate, then you need to turn off the computer for a few days and have a lie down.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If that is to be the standard position what was the point in restarting the season? It won't finish again this year if we call of every game where a club has a few positive cases.

It's going to be tight enough to finish the season as it is as despite what people seem to believe the schedule doesn't have room for potentially double figure rearranged fixtures.  

Agree that's the point. 

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

This morning I said the killie match would be on - because there were only a handful of +ves.

But If you cant see the difference between the situation with St Mirren and the rumour this afternoon that the entire 1st team squad at Killie have been told to isolate, then you need to turn off the computer for a few days and have a lie down.

I think the whole Killie squad should isolate as I do St Mirren should have also. Anyway me spitting the dummy out wont change anything. 

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

I think the whole Killie squad should isolate as I do St Mirren should have also

Thankfully its not left to fans and the NHS T&T teams in the respective areas determine this.

The game had to be postponed and thankfully NHS have stepped in to take the lead. Imagine the fall out if Doncaster and his gang forced it played and next week a whole load of Motherwell & Scotland squad players tested positive? That would be a shambles!
There’s a lot more scope for midweek re-arrangements further down the line, other than the two still involved in the Europa league. 

32 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Then we need to ask whether we have made sufficient provisions in the scheduling for re-arranging postponed fixtures. Because whether we like it or not, cancelling games is going to happen - it has already happened and will continue to happen.

Did we need a Betfred Cup Group Stage? Was going with a 38 game season sensible? All questions that need to be answered. If it ends up that the SPFL and SFA came up with the wrong answers to these questions then it's unforgivable.

So the game is off, but i wonder what actions they will take following this. It is already a tight scehdule and Kilmarnock may have to forfeit 2 league cup matches due to this. Extremely unfair on them but i am not sure what other alternatives could be put into place.

Edited by Phillips455

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Kilmarnock may have to forfeit 2 league cup matches due to this

I assume they will use the youngsters on their books?

I do agree with @G51above, Betfred is a total waste of time this year.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Then we need to ask whether we have made sufficient provisions in the scheduling for re-arranging postponed fixtures. Because whether we like it or not, cancelling games is going to happen - it has already happened and will continue to happen.

Did we need a Betfred Cup Group Stage? Was going with a 38 game season sensible? All questions that need to be answered. If it ends up that the SPFL and SFA came up with the wrong answers to these questions then it's unforgivable.

The clubs were informed of all of this before the decision to proceed with the season as normal was taken. The Betfred Group stages are being played during the international break when top flight clubs wouldn't normally have games anyway, and clubs have already been told that they may have to play three or four times in a week to fit in fixtures if they have to.

In the case of this game, we will be able to play Motherwell in any of the UEFA midweek dates between October and December, so there is absolutely no issue in terms of scheduling.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I hope you lads enjoy the inevitable arrival of 8gamestogo

Fair point, schools get a colonel gadaffi on Fridays in Edinburgh so he should be here any minute with his great chat.