Kilmarnock v Motherwell

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Doyle is the boy who chucked a Turnbull free kick in against us for Hearts

Chucking It seems a common them at Hearts these days tbf...... top flight status...... toys oot the pram...... baw in the net etc.

23 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I assume this game isn't on Sky so does that mean paying for Kilmarnock's stream if we decide to put ourselves through this?

It's advertised on live.motherwellfc.co.uk, if you happen to be watching 'from foreign climes'.  £15 a month for an international subscription...

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Hope everyone is well with the Covid cases, would still prefer it to have been 3 of the better players

No doubt when our time comes around our 3 players will be Carson, Campbell and Watt instead of 2 youth players and the kit man !

4 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

It's advertised on live.motherwellfc.co.uk, if you happen to be watching 'from foreign climes'.  £15 a month for an international subscription...

A decent VPN will sort you out for that, provided you've got it turned on before you start your stream.

Hoping all three cases are fine and asympotmatic. In terms of timing though it might not be the worst time to have something like this happen given provided they're all recovering/isolating fine they'll miss one game then we've got a lengthy international break, and they can be back in the fold for the Livi game. I think every club will have something like this happen at one point until we get a vaccine so it's just another part of this whole new normal.

Would guess the game will be called off as a precaution in case further players subsequently test positive. Have no issue with them asking us to play it if they think it's safe though - every club will go through this type of thing at some point.

3 points awarded to the away team thank you.

In all seriousness, postponement is the only reasonable outcome here but serious questions need to be asked as to how Killie are following the protocols, most other teams have managed to limit outbreaks to a few which I assume is thanks to them keeping the small groups etc in force, have Killie been a bit lax?

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

In all seriousness, postponement is the only reasonable outcome here but serious questions need to be asked as to how Killie are following the protocols, most other teams have managed to limit outbreaks to a few which I assume is thanks to them keeping the small groups etc in force, have Killie been a bit lax?

I doubt the Well players will be happy to a potential exposure but if they think its safe to go ahead tomorrow, we wont complain.....

It could be the same source just different people showing symptoms at differing times.

Edited by C4mmy31

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Would guess the game will be called off as a precaution in case further players subsequently test positive. Have no issue with them asking us to play it if they think it's safe though - every club will go through this type of thing at some point.

Yep totally agree, if the local health board/relevant authorities say we can play (which I doubt) then I want the game on regardless of who we may be missing.

Just now, MP_MFC said:

The national rate is higher in general, so there's more chance of catching it. I'm not sure the small group training is still a thing - as far as I know the Premiership clubs have been doing full contact squad training for a while. I'm not saying it's not possible that the there has been an issue at our end, but it could just as likely be either one player infecting others during training, or even a couple or more catching it independently as part of the larger outbreak in the town or elsewhere in Scotland.

The rules state that as long as there are 13 fit players and a Goalie then the game should go ahead. That was put in place as we know every team will have players affected and to agree otherwise would mean too much disruption. 

But this is unchartered territory and if there is a risk more may be affected then who knows what the outcome will be. 

Probably a mix of 1st 11 and back up players so I am sure Killie could still filed a decent team. Hell I know if we had a few of our 1st team players affected right now there would be plenty of Motherwell fans who would think our chances of winning would be enhanced 🙂 

I migbt give this match a watch if it goes ahead. Always been wary of watching us after an old firm thrashing but it could lead to less pressure and therefore a better match. The fact that its now 5 players and a staff member affected, and how close it is to the match i would expect the game to be called off.

If this game is called off then our next match would be st mirren in 2 weeks time. We could end up spending 3 weeks without playing football which could be a massive blow or benefit (depending on who you ask).