Aberdeen v St Mirren #FNF

Harsh but we'll take it. 

St Mirrens defensive work was brilliant all night but they noticeably tired and the legs seemed to go after our equaliser. They created very little but that wonder goal was no less than they deserved at that point.

That felt better than the win against County.

On 30/09/2020 at 11:32, Ralstonite said:

Aberdeen got turned over by Motherwell recently, which gives me hope. But we can't seem to score more than a single goal in a game, so it's hard to see us getting more than a point. Realistically, 3-1 Aberdeen. 

Above: my prediction on Wednesday. Emboldened text = why we will struggle this season, in a nutshell.

2 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Above: my prediction on Wednesday. Emboldened text = why we will struggle this season, in a nutshell.

It's the first I've seen of St Mirren but I thought there was too many crossed balls tonight. You have two big strikers but we have three big defenders so it was going to take a perfect delivery to get a goal.

2.49769853-1024x512.thumb.jpg.b9d98fe24415600afc76308efaf422f2.jpg

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

We looked absolutely done in there, I’ve never seen Morias tire like that before. Can’t fault the work rate at all and we did well defensively on the whole but we still hardly created any chances other than Erhahon’s screamer. Still deserved a point though.

Once again:

On 07/08/2020 at 23:52, HibsFan said:

“I’d like to see the ol’ Dandy Dons wriggle their way out of THIS jam.”

*Aberdeen easily wriggle their way out*

“Ah, well, nevertheless

Edited by HibsFan

Being able to make some subs was the difference. That said we were on top for large spells, Ferguson and McCrorie has - rightly - been getting a lot of praise and Macpherson and Erhahon more than matched them tonight. That's encouraging. 

We've had a right shitty time of it with injuries/suspensions and the goalkeeper crisis. We deserve to be bottom but shouting that we're destined for the championship is very premature. 

1 minute ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Perhaps I spoke too soon.

We looked absolutely done in there, I’ve never seen Morias tire like that before. Can’t fault the work rate at all and we did well defensively on the whole but we still hardly created any chances other than Erhahon’s screamer. Still deserved a point though.

Agreed, a kick in the stones that result most definitely.

You'll be alright.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Doesn't matter. 6 defeats in a row tells its own story. We are where we are for a reason. 

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Not in the least bit surprised that we lost a late goal, we are a fucking shambles of a team. No proper cover at centre back or a proper left back is a disgrace. 

Only place we’re going is back to the championship.

Aye we've no hope after a performance like that with a depleted squad. Have a day off. 

3 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Aye we've no hope after a performance like that with a depleted squad. Have a day off. 

Our manager, to prove a point (rightly or wrongly) named 4 subs out of a possible 9 tonight and with players literally slowing down to a drag as the game wore on, chose to use none of the subs. A couple of pairs of fresh legs, even as an outball would have made a difference. 

I've been a fan of Goodwin and stood up for him all the way so far. I can understand his frustration with regards to the Magennis sale but f**k off with that petty shite to the detriment of the team and maintain professionalism. 

End of the day, we've lost 6 on the spin and most of them meekly. Losing tonight, although the performance may have been better, still ends with him and his ludicrous decision not to use substitutions. 

From an earlier post, was actually keen to see if this team could actually react to going a goal down.

Smurn’s pearler came just about at the right time to allow us to change it against a team that made no subs and were running on empty for the last 15.

St Mirren look far from the worst side in this division though and a great three point for us.

As the cliche goes - you always want to make sure you win to help the feelgood factor going into the international break !

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Our manager, to prove a point (rightly or wrongly) named 4 subs out of a possible 9 tonight and with players literally slowing down to a drag as the game wore on, chose to use none of the subs. A couple of pairs of fresh legs, even as an outball would have made a difference. 

I've been a fan of Goodwin and stood up for him all the way so far. I can understand his frustration with regards to the Magennis sale but f**k off with that petty shite to the detriment of the team and maintain professionalism. 

End of the day, we've lost 6 on the spin and most of them meekly. Losing tonight, although the performance may have been better, still ends with him and his ludicrous decision not to use substitutions. 

Didn't even realise you hadn't used subs. By the latter stages Aberdeen players were sprinting away and left the opposition looking like they were stuck in the mud.