Aberdeen v St Mirren #FNF

Sounds like St Mirren fans are not hopeful for this one which is encouraging. As an Aberdeen fan though I never get too far ahead of me.

I'd guess it'll be the same starting XI as against Ross County since we did so well.

The only slight argument i'd put forward would be to start Edmondson up front as with Cosgrove and Main back for the following game he's probably missing out of the match day squad at that point and we've not even seen what he has got. That change would be in place of McGinn with Watkins playing his first game deeper. That might also be worth an experiment given as above that Cosgrove and Main are now back.

Just now, Ralstonite said:

Aberdeen got turned over by Motherwell recently, which gives me hope. But we can't seem to score more than a single goal in a game, so it's hard to see us getting more than a point. Realistically, 3-1 Aberdeen. 

We gave away a daft pen minutes in and then Lewis gave them a goal. We were up against it from there and Motherwell played very well. Looks like it may have been a blip. Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Most match threads on P&B start with a competition between fans of who's team is more shite.

But we're propping up the table, and didn't create a single decent clear cut chance against Kilmarnock, so that competition's void. 

25 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Aberdeen got turned over by Motherwell recently, which gives me hope. But we can't seem to score more than a single goal in a game, so it's hard to see us getting more than a point. Realistically, 3-1 Aberdeen. 

Motherwell played very well however the breaks that went against us dictated the result.

I honestly believe Aberdeen would have won had they played the usual starting eleven.

Far too many changes made in the starting 11 that day, the penalty was soft, Lewis (its been coming in fairness) makes a hash of his kick and the sun was blinding everyone defending that corner for their third. After all that their tails were up and had absolutely no pressure (they knew they'd won at the game after 20 mins in). Motherwell deserved to win but it could have been avoided.

I believe it was a blip. Still a fantastic start to the season hopefully continued this Friday.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Motherwell played very well however the breaks that went against us dictated the result.

I honestly believe Aberdeen would have won had they played the usual starting eleven.

Far too many changes made in the starting 11 that day, the penalty was soft, Lewis (its been coming in fairness) makes a hash of his kick and the sun was blinding everyone defending that corner for their third. After all that their tails were up and had absolutely no pressure (they knew they'd won at the game after 20 mins in). Motherwell deserved to win but it could have been avoided.

I believe it was a blip. Still a fantastic start to the season hopefully continued this Friday.

More a solid start to be honest than fantastic, although more promising than last season for sure.

Disappointing not to create more in Lisbon, bit too negative in the game.
Garbage against them 1st game, and the Motherwell game ( who were 3rd last season)
Funnily enough, they are the 3 best teams to have faced. Does this mean we are a team who can play against lesser opponents but going to struggle  in the big games? Would this be a mentality thing or just a soft touch when it really matters? 

4 hours ago, big al said:

Funnily enough, they are the 3 best teams to have faced. 

Would Hibs and arguably Viking Stavanger not be classed as better than this season's Motherwell?

That game, from our point of view, was a mesh of slightly mitigating circumstances that contributed to a pumping that at one point looked to be getting embarrassingly out of control.

St Mirren for a while was a gimme for us, but in the last couple of years has become a harder fixture..............with a couple of recent struggles down there, and the 2-2 game up here still fresh in the mind.

The first goal seems to be everything in our games this season - and in some ways an early goal for the Saints might prove a decent test on whether our current best XI are indeed capable of coming back from adversity.

11 hours ago, tarapoa said:

St Mirren for a while was a gimme for us, but in the last couple of years has become a harder fixture..............with a couple of recent struggles down there, and the 2-2 game up here still fresh in the mind.

See the St Mirren that you played in the cup last season? Didn't really do much; broadly disappointing, despite having taken the game to Motherwell in the previous round... that's who were are every game now.

You have a decent side capable of pushing for a place in the top 6. I don't think its going to be as straight forward a result as some on here would have you believe. 
I'm anticipating Aberdeen to have most of the possession but to be limited to a few key chances. I could easily see St Mirren grabbing a goal on the counter. 
I think we'll win but the scoreline will be closer. I hope I'm wrong and we win 3-0.
[emoji3][emoji3] We'll do the jokes here[emoji106]

I would like to see us stick with the starting team from last weekend - it was probably our most complete and dominant ninety minute performance so far this season, even if Ross County weren't up to much. I'm dangerously relaxed about this and expecting us to win fairly comfortably if we can continue to play in a similar vein, which probably means three points for St Mirren. 

43 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Not even gonna bother buying this, Dundee utd and killie games completely ruined my weekend, not having them ruin my Friday night!

Give us yer cash. By the time it finishes it’ll be time for bed.